Gender Reveal

olie64

Original Poster
SO my wife and I will be make our last trip as a couple to Disney this year. No we are stopping going but we are going to be having a little one this fall. Has anyone ever done a gender reveal at Disney World? Also we heard we can talk with the CM at guest service and they will help set one up is this true? If not what are some tips to make it special?

We have thought about taking the paper with the gender with two names and have them make a hat with the name it that goes with the gender on the paper. We would not have seen the gender at this point.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Thanks @Tuvalu! :)

@olie64 Yes! We did one! Here is the link to our trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-completely-magical-babymoon-and-its-a-trip-report.881313/

We had the gender in an envelope. We knew we wanted to use a balloon and I was getting conflicting info on how and who could help me set this up every time that I called Disney Guest Services prior to arrival. We ended up going to the Magic Kingdom with nothing set up in advance and we went to Guest Services. We wanted a Photopass Photographer and a balloon handler to help us with this and assumed they could help us out. The cast member at Guest Services was confused on what we wanted to do and said there was nothing she could do and sent me to the Theater to talk to Photopass. We walked in and talked to 3 cast members and photopass. One of the girls in that group of 3 was super helpful and she led me to a balloon handler. She took care of everything and they set up right there! It was amazing! It truly is all in who you talk to. So if you don't get the help you need, then talk to someone else.

Another idea that I have seen is to give the envelope to the Chapeau Shop. Then they stitch It's a Boy or It's a Girl on a hat and they put it in a box. Then you go to the Castle, get a photographer and then open it.

Congratulations!! I hope the reveal is amazing!

DisneyDreamer08

Such a fun idea!! We did a Disney inspired gender reveal at home. The ultrasound tech sealed the gender in an envelope, I brought it next door to my neighbor with a Minnie and Mickey stuffed animal and a gift bag/tissue paper and asked her to wrap the appropriate one. We had a brunch at our house with our family and our 4 year old opened the gift bag. You could do something similar and maybe ask a character to open the bag? I actually seem to remember a blog post about a family doing this. I think I was googling Disney Gender Reveal or something and stumbled upon it. I know it has been done and like the above poster said, you just have to find the right person to help you out. Good luck!

olie64

Original Poster
Well we couldn't wait the 12 hr drive so we found out before we go there, but we did meet and greets with a sign and a girl ears with our child's name on it. I want to think a manager at our resort she went well above and beyond she wanted to make a sign and everything got a a fast pass to meet Mickey so we would have to wait and threw in a Minnie doll for Emma. It was awesome how excited and interested all the cast members and characters where when they figured out what we were doing. Along with just random guest. It was an amazing experience.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Well we couldn't wait the 12 hr drive so we found out before we go there, but we did meet and greets with a sign and a girl ears with our child's name on it. I want to think a manager at our resort she went well above and beyond she wanted to make a sign and everything got a a fast pass to meet Mickey so we would have to wait and threw in a Minnie doll for Emma. It was awesome how excited and interested all the cast members and characters where when they figured out what we were doing. Along with just random guest. It was an amazing experience.
Oh that is so fun! I love the added Disney Magic! Congratulations!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom