Rumor GE rebranded theory, not gonna happen discussion

BoarderPhreak

rickroll_ge.jpg

jt04

14 acres is not enough? There's plenty of space for Original Trilogy. They just need to use it. Plus, it's quite easy to swap out the coaxium smuggling storyline out of Millennium Falcon attraction although replacing Hondo would be harder. A sign of goodwill... Luke Skywalker.

Luke is gone at the time of Batuu's backstory. There are many characters that exist and will exist that will make the land more relatable. The land should evolve and change through time. IMO.

To your point, it would be easier to add a new planet nearby with original characters. It may be awhile.

DanielBB8

Luke is gone at the time of Batuu's backstory. There are many characters that exist and will exist that will make the land more relatable. The land should evolve and change through time. IMO.

To your point, it would be easier to add a new planet nearby with original characters. It may be awhile.
Batuu must go. Be gone.

Tank Man

Original Poster
This is definitely true but they will be rebranding it to two different brands: Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and the Nutcracker and Four Realms, Disney considers them both their new blockbuster franchises to replace SW and Marvel ;)
The Nutcracker flopped+Alice 2 flopped,
Totally a new franchise

Tank Man

Original Poster
There is discussion ongoing at Disney Parks to rebrand the land, but ONLY if RotR AND Episode 9 perform poorly. Assessments will be done in late January / early February, and a rebrand would be something like turning the area into an homage to all three trilogies. However, that would not necessarily be an expensive endeavor.

More importantly, a MUCH more likely option is to add a significant expansion, as well as adding back entertainment options that were cut previously. There's zero reason that C3PO, R2D2, BB8, etc, can't be in the area.
Very true,
There is expansion room within the land in, not much in DL but lots in DHS.
I would like to see it be rebranded to the original trilogy as that is the most iconic, not meme worthy like the prequels. But all trilogys will be a fun thing

Tank Man

Original Poster
That’s the problem it seems.

The real Star Wars vs the Disney version.
Sadly, I must agree.
The new movies have a much different feel because of Disney. But I think GE is going to use the Skywalker Saga content instead.
We shall see but I do wonder if the new Star Wars Movies after IX will be able to be in Battu but I think not as they will take place in maybe a far different time frame from the Skywalker Saga.
Can the area coming to WDSP be affected by this?
Quite possibly,
But it looks to just have RotR and maybe a cantina or shop.
Makes sense... I hope that it works because DLP is great and WDSP has become a really fun park.
Sadly I have never walked on soil outside of the US, I wonder what WDS is like alongside DLP as I think they are cool. But I can’t wait for Marvel, Frozen and SWGE there which will really help the park.
14 acres is not enough? There's plenty of space for Original Trilogy. They just need to use it. Plus, it's quite easy to swap out the coaxium smuggling storyline out of Millennium Falcon attraction although replacing Hondo would be harder. A sign of goodwill... Luke Skywalker.
Apart of the 14 acres is some small expansion room, DL does not have much, DHS has lots of expansion room outside of the 14 acres.
The worst part of this is that most of the design appears to have been during the development of The Last Jedi when Disney/LFL wrongfully thought that the mess that RJ made would be the best SW film ever. The timeline is just wrong because the time that we are supposed to believe we are visiting Batuu is between TFA and TLJ, which on screen was about 5 minutes long.

Please I hope this comes to pass someday.
Very true,
TLJ was awful for me a Star Wars fan
Batuu must go. Be gone.
It is not bad, but it is not in a iconic place as what I wanted.

Tavernacle12

I think it's hilarious how the Star Wars fandom went from 'Lucas is destroying my childhood!' with the Prequels to 'Disney is ruining my childhood, bring back Lucas!' without any semblance of self awareness.

Speaking practically, they'd have to essentially close down the entire land for months to get everything undone and converted to OT stuff. It's not going to happen.

Ravenclaw78

I think it's hilarious how the Star Wars fandom went from 'Lucas is destroying my childhood!' with the Prequels to 'Disney is ruining my childhood, bring back Lucas!' without any semblance of self awareness.
Careful, I said the same thing here and it started a flame war last week. Some people around here are a touch sensitive about being called on their hypocrisy.

Tank Man

Original Poster

Speaking practically, they'd have to essentially close down the entire land for months to get everything undone and converted to OT stuff. It's not going to happen.
Careful, I said the same thing here and it started a flame war last week. Some people around here are a touch sensitive about being called on their hypocrisy.
Same.
I stated the rumor and mentioned it as “false” with maybe a slight sliver of 0.000000000000001% chance of it happening.
And people in the comments have been screaming like how dare you you do this when I just wanted to address a rumor that was so bad and wrong when we all know how wrong it is. I don’t think it is gonna happen. GE is an amazing land that has lifted the bar by a little for themed entertainment and will soon do it again with RotR.

seascape

I think a major expansion of GE is what should be done. Build several different plants that can be visted from Batuu. One in the parking lot and one or two across World Drive. Think of the beautiful restaurant that could be built on Endor treehouses and the speeder bike ride through the forest with blasters special effects. Lands from each trilogy should be included along with their characters for meet and greets.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I think a major expansion of GE is what should be done. Build several different plants that can be visted from Batuu. One in the parking lot and one or two across World Drive. Think of the beautiful restaurant that could be built on Endor treehouses and the speeder bike ride through the forest with blasters special effects. Lands from each trilogy should be included along with their characters for meet and greets.
Yeah,
Obviously won’t fit in DL but in DHS.
When I first heard about SWL my weirdly self thought they were building Endor and I thought about all the stuff they could do, turns out the art I found was obviously the fake one, I kind of was disappointed about Batu.
They do have room for two things in both parks,
A C-ticket attraction was planned but Chapek scrapped it, it would have been a People Mover style riding back of alien through bottom part of the land but was deemed to expansive for a C ticket but still has the building for it empty, could come another day.
A proper sit down cantina.
But DHS has room for more.

TrainsOfDisney

It’s not going to get rebranded away from Star Wars but it could certainly get rebranded from galaxies edge. In fact... I could definitely see that coming in about a year or 2. If nothing else it would give them an excuse to change out the Merch. By the way... when are we going to see generic Disney Merch appear at the Gift shops? Hmm!??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom