Rumor GE rebranded theory, not gonna happen discussion

Tank Man

Original Poster
Within the last twelve hours or so a rumor popped up about if SWGE does not do good enough in the numbers through early 2020, Disney might rebrand it. First that sound total BS as GE has been doing a lot better now and of course the numbers are going to get better when RotR opens. I did this to talk about how BS this rumor is.

Sure GE May be sort of flopping but not to bad or that great, the land is amazing and I bet the crowds will be running and coming when RotR opens and might be amazing. I wanted to address the rumor and share your thoughts and I don’t think Disney could rebrand GE without having it be really expansive.

This rumor is just horrible and if you agree with me, thank you. Sure it could be possible but I think GE is doing great. Share your thoughts please.

ImperfectPixie

Disney doubled down on MDE and the .go system even though they're awful and have basically made a mockery out of their IT department. The chances of them rebranding SW:GE are zero.

Tank Man

Original Poster
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHAAAA no.
Never
Never
Never
Never
Never
Never

It's never gonna happen
I wonder if those spreading this will change their minds when GE opens in WDW.
Exactly
This rumor sucks. I wanted to address how stupid and idiotic as it could be a rumor from Universal (that was a joke)
I just got back from DL. GE was pretty much at 75%capacity all day long. It's hardly a flop. Just because people have become used to wall to wall crowds, people think something isn't doing good. I'd say the crowd was perfect for land at 75%.
Exactly.
It stumbled on opening but has been doing well, I love to address these BS rumors.
Whom exactly is promulgating this rumor?
Universal.
Some Orlando park websites, Alicia Stela mentioned it not to long ago and some others, most likely a whisper that was heard wrong or something. I don’t think it will be rebranded.
The site that posted this is also makes Corless look like Walter Kronkite.
Ha, very true.
The site that is posting this cow dung is a known anti social justice warrior feminism site and has had an axe to grind with SW ever since Rey casting. Also it’s off a third hand tweet, lol. People please stop giving this attention.
No, this first came from a website that I thought was trustable. Yes I do feel like they are anti-social.
Disney doubled down on MDE and the .go system even though they're awful and have basically made a mockery out of their IT department. The chances of them rebranding SW:GE are zero.
Yes,
That is the exact reason why this very rumor was total BS.

RandySavage

I've had this theory (wishful thinking) that while ordered from above to have it 'synergize' with the new and upcoming films, it was intentionally or subversively designed to be easily be re-branded to an Original Trilogy timeframe down the road.

We know from the artwork (OT Imperial Shuttle, OT Tie Fighters) that designers had this era in mind for a good part of the process. The physical elements appear to be easily converted (Falcon's dish, X-wings, AT-ATs, change stormtrooper costumes) to OT timeframe.

For me, such a re-branding would increase the appeal (i.e., Darth Vader > Kylo Ren).

lazyboy97o

I've had this theory (wishful thinking) that while ordered from above to have it 'synergize' with the new and upcoming films, it was intentionally or subversively designed to be easily be re-branded to an Original Trilogy timeframe/setting down the road.

We know from the artwork (OT Imperial Shuttle, OT Tie Fighters) that designers had this era in mind for a good part of the process. The physical elements appear to be easily converted (Falcon's dish, X-wings, AT-ATs, change stormtrooper costumes) to OT timeframe.

For me, such a re-branding would increase the appeal (i.e., Darth Vader >>>>>> Kylo Ren).
I think that is more a reflection of how the sequel trilogy is derivative of the original trilogy. I more expect the parks themselves to ignore the timeline and do things like a Darth Vader meet and greet after everything is finally handed over.

DanielBB8

I wouldn’t mind it being Aladdin since anything is better than Star Wars Land based on Sequel Trilogy trash.

At least change out the Millennium Falcon coaxium salvaging storyline since it’s based on the failed Solo movie. It’s pre-Original Trilogy. Hondo is also pre-Original Trilogy character. Can they get their timelines right?

kurtk

A little off topic but heard someone (podcast I think) say that they thought Pandora would get re-themed in a few years. I wanted to reach across the internet and slap them across the head (figuratively of course). It has one of the most popular rides at WDW and was a very expensive land to build. If they are not going to spend money on re-theming things like Dinoland, why would the re-theme such a popular one.

The rumor that they would redo SW:GE is ridiculous. I am sure Disney can make some tweaks to the land if they are not happy with the crowds. Wait until RotR opens before declaring it a failure.

Bender123

I wouldn’t mind it being Aladdin since anything is better than Star Wars Land based on Sequel Trilogy trash.

At least change out the Millennium Falcon coaxium salvaging storyline since it’s based on the failed Solo movie. It’s pre-Original Trilogy. Hondo is also pre-Original Trilogy character. Can they get their timelines right?

Honestly...Solo was the best of the Disney Star Wars, too bad it had to come after they executed the story with Ep7 and 8.

It actually showed there was more than Empire, Storm Troopers and Lightsabers to the Star Wars universe.

ABQ

Guess I was the only one who thought something like this when reading the thread title.

presentation1-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom