Gay Disney World due in 2009

Woody13

Original Poster
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gay Disney World due in 2009[/FONT]
<TABLE height=332 width=250 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/mickeymouse.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Mickey Mouse may need to work his magic if the gay community flocks to this new park​

[/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=MenuHead vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD class=MenuItem vAlign=top><TD><TR><TD class=MenuHead vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD class=MenuItem vAlign=top><FORM action=http://www.pinknews.co.uk/a/sub.php method=get></FORM><TD><TR><TD class=MenuHead vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD class=MenuItem vAlign=top>

</TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]04-Apr-2006
PinkNews.co.uk writer

Mickey Mouse may no longer be the big cheese in the theme park world as animatronic gay emperors and Cinderfella look set to take centre stage in a gay amusement resort.

Due in 2009, the adults only destination, named Tongziland, has been given the go ahead by the Malaysian Authorities and will be built in Johor Bahru, aimed at affluent gay travellers.

Tang En Chee of Same Joy PTE Ltd, the company funding the project, revealed they have been given a government license to transform a 120,000 square metre area of landfill into a world class recreation and entertainment tourist attraction.

Malaysian tourism spokesman, Datuk Ibrahim Ali, told the Utopia Asia news service, “We are excited and already planning to offer a special shuttle service from Singapore for tourists who would enjoy spending the day at the gay park and an evening or two in our gay-friendly hotels here in Johor Bahru."

Preliminary designs for the park include an authentic Chinese dynastic palace throne room inhabited by famous gay Emperors a transgender kick-boxing arena and Iron Ladies volleyball court, Cinderfella's Enchanted Castle sauna, an Old West themed Lesbian Round-up, and a 10-story tall Tower of Pride with rotating disco and lasers.
[/FONT]

luvJC4saken

Gay theme park to attract gay tourists?? Sounds like the way things were when Eisner was at the helm...

Oooh! :lookaroun That one probably crossed the line. Sorry bout that Mike.

Videoteck

Um what? Gays arnt even that profitable. It wont be done. Besides I thought us "normal" people were suppose to try and allow gays to be a part of soceity? Not seperated. I dont see it happining. Theres really only a small percentage of gays in our country like 5% of all people in America.

dolbyman

huh ? ... I know some gay peeps that love disneyland /-world just the way it is ....and they love goin there ... building their own park is plain stupid .... :confused:

Mr Bill

Videoteck said:
Um what? Gays arnt even that profitable. It wont be done. Besides I thought us "normal" people were suppose to try and allow gays to be a part of soceity? Not seperated. I dont see it happining. Theres really only a small percentage of gays in our country like 5% of all people in America.
Good point, if they want to become part of society, why do something to help distinguish you from the rest?

Floridasunshine

aw, come on,,,,to me, this post reeks of silly rumor . I mean, "Cinderfella's Enchanted Castle sauna, an Old West themed Lesbian Round-up, and a 10-story tall Tower of Pride with rotating disco and lasers".... that stuff can ONLY be made up!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Actually kiddos, the gay community has some of the largest portions of expendable income for entertainment/leisure and such. Not all of course, all groups have various levels, but a high percentage has money, like how young women have money to spend at Tokyo Disney.

There's huge marketing campaignes to capitalize on it, from most major companies. Personal opinions aside, it's a profitable market.

ETA: That being said, I don't like the park idea in general as it seems stereotypical and trite.

lunalovegoddess

Videoteck said:

10% of Americans are of the gay...
As for gays not being profitable, it seems to me that Disney has done a lot of business during Gay Days. Also, look at the growing presence of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered themes in movies and tv shows over the past few years... Although, I do agree with your sentiment that "normal people are supposed to try and allow gays to be a part of society".
It's really a tender situation. You do not want to alienate or segregate this percentage, however some gay people may feel more comfortable having a place that is just theirs.

That said, I almost wet myself laughing at the titles of attractions... I think the people in charge are poking a little good-natured fun at themselves.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Hahaha. This is great. I don't think the gay "Disney World" would be worth traveling to Malaysia for, but it could certainly be interesting. If they built one closer to the states, I'd go. I want to go to the Old West themed Lesbian Round-up! Sounds like a good time to me!!!:lol:

Videoteck

I dunno this sounds like alot of Bull to me, even the gay person agrees. Like I said before too they wanna be a part of soceity not seperated, they wont build there own park, oh when I meant not profitable I meant that not as profitable as the normal person.

DisneyGrown-Up

I don't know if this is related, but there was a book that came out in the mid-90s called "Tinker Belles And Evil Queens: The Walt Disney Company From The Inside Out". It examined how gay people have been able to relate to Disney entertainment over the years.

I'm not gay myself, but I have no problems with gay people at all. I found it to be a very informative read. It's probably out-of-print now, but I recommend tracking it down.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up" Kilduff

arcsbite

:lol: :lol: :lol:
*dies laughing*

a gay theme park? :lol: :lol:
you mean, like a theme park full of gay people? with gay cast members...and gay visitors?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that would never happen!

:lookaroun

lunalovegoddess

tiggerific418 said:
I want to go to the Old West themed Lesbian Round-up! Sounds like a good time to me!!!:lol:

I'll be your date, sweetie! :kiss:
(Did I ever tell you about the fantasy I used to have about Wonder Woman and her lasso and... ):lookaroun :D

DisneyGrown-Up said:
I don't know if this is related, but there was a book that came out in the mid-90s called "Tinker Belles And Evil Queens: The Walt Disney Company From The Inside Out". It examined how gay people have been able to relate to Disney entertainment over the years.

I'm not gay myself, but I have no problems with gay people at all. I found it to be a very informative read. It's probably out-of-print now, but I recommend tracking it down.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up" Kilduff

*high-fives* I've been looking for that book everywhere! Must try library again.

Tahu said:
Don't forget the centerpiece, Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat ride!

LMAO that's awesome!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
lunalovegoddess said:
I'll be your date, sweetie! :kiss:
(Did I ever tell you about the fantasy I used to have about Wonder Woman and her lasso and... ):lookaroun :D

ROFLMAO...I will be your Wonder Woman. :)lookaroun :lookaroun ) ...and yes, Number_6 can watch.

*goes off to price air tickets to Malaysia...*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom