Gay Day...

BigDaddy

Original Poster
I'm new to the board, so I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

I'm neither for nor against Gay Day at Disney World. Everyone has the right to choose...

I'm kind of upset that Disney didn't give us a heads up that the Gay Day was taking place June 1-7 in Orlando, and specifically in Disney World.

They kind of took the stance that they didn't know when it was taking place. I say they do know. Not that it matters, we are still going regardless. It would have been nice to know ahead of time. All they said that was going on was a Star Wars get together.

For those that have been: How obvious is it that Gay Day is taking place?

Dr Disney

Having stumbled into Gay Day in the past without any prior knowledge, it is pretty obvious to any adult with their eyes open. Although from a childs point of view there was nothing that would have upset them

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by BigDaddy
I'm new to the board, so I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

I'm neither for nor against Gay Day at Disney World. Everyone has the right to choose...

I'm kind of upset that Disney didn't give us a heads up that the Gay Day was taking place June 1-7 in Orlando, and specifically in Disney World.

They kind of took the stance that they didn't know when it was taking place. I say they do know. Not that it matters, we are still going regardless. It would have been nice to know ahead of time. All they said that was going on was a Star Wars get together.

For those that have been: How obvious is it that Gay Day is taking place?

This is a bad thing to talk about here, as I found out when I was a new member, HAHA!

You're right, Disney DOES know, but since it's NOT a Disney sponsored or Disney sanctioned event, they don't discuss it.

Go to www.gayday.com to track the events that week, and if you're taking your family, just avoid the parks that are listed each day. You may want to actually print out their itinerary and take it with you.

We always go the week AFTER gay week just to avoid it. If you'd like more of my personal experiences on this, PM me on here or send me an AOL Instant Message at "edwardtc". I'll be glad to give you the information you need.

Bill

Account Suspended
Well, first off, you can't pin this one on Disney... Gay Day isn't done by Disney. There's nothing "official" about it. That's your business to find out when that event is. ;)

As far as what it's like in the parks, it's not really any different. Just stay away from the MK on the 5th and you should be fine.

Invero

Originally posted by BigDaddy

"Gay Day" is NOT a Disney sanctioned event. Disney does not endorse, sponsor, or have ANY relation to Gay Day. All it is, is an outside group of people deciding to visit the Magic Kingdom. So just like Disney won't say "Yes, we're expecting a Brazillian tour group this week" they won't say anything about Gay Day.

Disney does send out a letter to all resort rooms alerting guests that they are expecting large crowds at the Magic Kingdom on that particular day, and that the other parks will open early for resort guests. That's all they will do, and really, that's more than neccessary.

Sir Hiss527

Yes Disney does know about Gay Day, but it's not a sponsored event by Disney...Just a bunch of outsiders going to visit the MK that weekend..and Disney really can't say "Gay Day" is this week, cause it sort of would look bad..but on the other hand, they could lose a lot of guests because of it..Main point here Disney has no control over 'Gay Day's'

barnum42

Place your bets - how long before someone puts their foot in it and another Gay Day thread gets wiped off the face of the boards :lol:

I was first made aware about it when I spotted a large number of gentlemen sporting red t-shirts on the MK Ferry boat. I walked once around the lands and they were teeming with people even though the park had just opened. So I headed over to Epcot where the crowds were at a more manageable level.

I just don’t like the parks when they are full to bursting. I can’t imagine what it must be like at peak season and at Christmas. So, if you prefer a little elbow room when you are at Magic Kingdom save it for another day on your trip and enjoy one of the other three parks.

TravisMT81

This will be the 13th year that gays day has been on the first weekend of June. I think everyone else said everything I would have said. :D

Disney2002

Why would someone make this their first post? Anyone else with me on simply asking for the thread to be closed to save us from yet another downward spiral?

Dayma

Anyone else with me on simply asking for the thread to be closed to save us from yet another downward spiral?

Give the person a break. It is their first post....SOOOO Welcome to the boards!

Pixie Duster

This will be an interesting week for me since it will be my first time working during GD. And since my role is all about talking ot guests I should be up for an interesting day :).

MKBurn15

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
This will be an interesting week for me since it will be my first time working during GD. And since my role is all about talking ot guests I should be up for an interesting day :).
Have fun!

BigDaddy

Original Poster
Didn't mean to stir up any trouble. I have fixed the matter as far as my family being there during Gay Day. I appreciate everyone's responses. Thanks. Maybe my next post won't be as controversial.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom