Gay Day...

disneyisbest

This is not a Disney sponsered event. However, I was down not long before the event took place. And it was listed in the Orlano Sentinel when the group would be coming down. The only reason that people even associate it with disney is because the group usually meets on a particular day at the Magic Kingdom. Disney does not have their itenarary. They do not know what day they are going to MK.

lebernadin

Re: Re: Gay Day...

Originally posted by Invero
"Gay Day" is NOT a Disney sanctioned event. Disney does not endorse, sponsor, or have ANY relation to Gay Day. All it is, is an outside group of people deciding to visit the Magic Kingdom. So just like Disney won't say "Yes, we're expecting a Brazillian tour group this week" they won't say anything about Gay Day.

Disney does send out a letter to all resort rooms alerting guests that they are expecting large crowds at the Magic Kingdom on that particular day, and that the other parks will open early for resort guests. That's all they will do, and really, that's more than neccessary.

Well put. :sohappy:

To the original poster; do a search of the boards for more info. The above post and the rest in this thread pretty much sum up what you need to know. But as you'll soon find, polarizing opinions on this topic aren't welcomed by the mods and rightly so.

StevenT

So apparently it's pretty busy on said day at MK. As I understand it, the group meets at a different park each day. How are the crowds at the other parks on that park's day? Is it only really busy at said day at MK? Does any of this make sense?

I have nothing against gay day, I just want to avoid the crowds.

awallaceunc

Last year I called and asked "When will gay days be held this weekend?" with no offense intended, but the cast member on the phone sounded a little tiffed. She said "That special weekend will occur on..." so they do alert guests if they ask (at least, this one CM did for me).

-Aaron

Gurgi

Yep, here we go for another Gay Day Thread! Best we move on I think. Just as if we get into a discussion about any Day at Disney!

I think one of u put it the right way. Its a packed day just like summer or christmas so if you dont like crowds steer clear and the same goes fr any big event that they have.

Theres so many isuues with this one that its best we dont start ....again.......:brick:

djmatthews

Originally posted by Gurgi
Yep, here we go for another Gay Day Thread! Best we move on I think. Just as if we get into a discussion about any Day at Disney!

I think one of u put it the right way. Its a packed day just like summer or christmas so if you dont like crowds steer clear and the same goes fr any big event that they have.

Theres so many isuues with this one that its best we dont start ....again.......:brick:

Well said! Gay Day is a busy day - that's all you need to know, if you don't want crowds avoid it! If your not bothered, have a great day!

Tom

Beta Return
Just to calm all of your nerves, I'll let you know that I talked to the POSTER in a private AIM conversation and got him all straightened out on Gay Day, www.gayday.com and what it's like in the parks at that time - since he has a family with young children. I just laid it on the table and let him make his decision.

You're not going to see a response too soon because they left for WDW at 3:00am today :lol: His wife changed the date of their trip anyway, and they headed down today. Very nice people, and being the Christian family that they are, he just wanted to avoid having any "discussions" with his children in the "Happiest Place on Earth" and I honestly don't blame them.

I also gave him some polite tips on how to post on here so that he doesn't make the same mistakes I did when I joined :eek:

So, since all of you keep saying how awful this thread is (and it's not, because not ONE bad things has been said) maybe you can just stop posting now, because the original poster isn't even reading it anymore now, HAHA!

-Tom :)

sabian

Well put, tom. oh, and by the way, why is it that in society now, whenever someone feels opposite of politically correct on an issue, it is considered a bad topic? hmmmmmmm........

barnum42

Originally posted by sabian
Well put, tom. oh, and by the way, why is it that in society now, whenever someone feels opposite of politically correct on an issue, it is considered a bad topic? hmmmmmmm........
As regards this particular thread, it's not that it's considered a bad topic, just some biggot will put their foot in it as some point and cause the thread to be nuked. Thankfully everyone has discussed it in a sensible manner, mainly if you don't like crowds pick a different park.

GaryT977

You know, I have to hand it to you guys and gals this year. This is the closest I've gotten to Gay Days without getting into some stupid flaming argument about it with someone around here. Maybe we're all finally growing up! :D

So, pat yourselves wherever you like to be patted and congratulate yourselves! :sohappy:

djmatthews

Originally posted by barnum42
As regards this particular thread, it's not that it's considered a bad topic, just some biggot will put their foot in it as some point and cause the thread to be nuked.

Yeh....so where is Anna??? :)

imagineer boy

Originally posted by GaryT977
You know, I have to hand it to you guys and gals this year. This is the closest I've gotten to Gay Days without getting into some stupid flaming argument about it with someone around here. Maybe we're all finally growing up! :D

So, pat yourselves wherever you like to be patted and congratulate yourselves! :sohappy:

Yay! The first gay day thread with no argument. Keep up the good work guys!:wave:

guwag

imagineer boy said:
Yay! The first gay day thread with no argument. Keep up the good work guys!:wave:
When I saw in the new posts history that there was a thread on this I though "Oh Dear, here it comes again" but was pleasantly surprised to see it hasn't happened as per usual this time around :)

MKBurn15

guwag said:
When I saw in the new posts history that there was a thread on this I though "Oh Dear, here it comes again" but was pleasantly surprised to see it hasn't happened as per usual this time around :)
Well it has been a whole month! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom