Gawker Writers Review Epcot

Merlin0402

Original Poster
2 writers from the website Gawker spent 4 days "Drinking Around The World" at Epcot and reviewed the entire park in the process. Some of the commentary had me howling. lol It was refreshing, interesting, and somewhat sad to see that everyday people have the same opinions of the park as many of us hardcore fans do. Unfortunately, Epcot's shortcomings are no longer only noticeable to us fanatics... Definitely worth the read, and they have it all organized with a little clickable map of the park so you can just read about specific attractions or pavilions if you wish...

http://bestrestaurant.gawker.com/the-best-restaurant-in-the-world-is-disneys-epcot-them-1700655297

StageFrenzy

2 writers from the website Gawker spent 4 days "Drinking Around The World" at Epcot and reviewed the entire park in the process. Some of the commentary had me howling. lol It was refreshing, interesting, and somewhat sad to see that everyday people have the same opinions of the park as many of us hardcore fans do. Unfortunately, Epcot's shortcomings are no longer only noticeable to us fanatics... Definitely worth the read, and they have it all organized with a little clickable map of the park so you can just read about specific attractions or pavilions if you wish...

http://bestrestaurant.gawker.com/the-best-restaurant-in-the-world-is-disneys-epcot-them-1700655297
Yep I've been perusing the different articles, they were not impressed.

NiarrNDisney

Well that was cute but there is about an hour of my life I will not be getting back! Besides all the negative "hilarity" that ensued during their Drinking Around the World report I actually found some of their recommendations somewhat informative.

Phineas

I love their write up of Ellen's Energy Adventure:

"...they stress over and over again that, once the ride begins, you must remain seated for 'the next 37 minutes.'
THIRTY-SEVEN MINUTES!
Can you remember the last time you did anything for thirty-seven minutes?"

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

"...they stress over and over again that, once the ride begins, you must remain seated for 'the next 37 minutes.'
THIRTY-SEVEN MINUTES!
If done right.... Yes I can!

CDavid

THIRTY-SEVEN MINUTES!

I realize there is a tongue-in-cheek aspect to these comments, but still people manage to sit still for two hours or more at movies, concerts, sporting events, and the like without a problem. But a theme park attraction which lasts for more than a few minutes is too long for their attention span. :banghead:

Or maybe - just maybe - there is a lack of compelling epic-length attractions in Future World anymore. Couldn't be, could it, that when you let things stagnate for decades and then take the cheap, unimaginative, lazy way out with refurbishments that guests actually notice the lack of a quality experience? :facepalm:

Goofyernmost

You know the weird thing is that at the time that Disney started to "shorten" rides they made a statement that the public was upset because the rides were too long. Well, we all had a field day with that. Really? That's like complaining that they put too much cereal in those boxes or the servings are to big at a restaurant.

But, you know, I think I'm starting to believe that it's true. People do get upset if an attraction lasts to long. Maybe it was BS after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom