Gathering autographs....

Nikkila

Original Poster
My husband and I will be traveling alone for this trip to celebrate our Ten year anniversary. I have promised our four little girls that I would get autographs......however I do not really need to meet characters and don't want to intrude on other little ones getting there chance. Is there a way to drop off their autograph books and have them signed? Maybe pick them up later?

Since1976

As a fellow parent, I applaud your dedication to getting "real" autographs, but you do realize that by removing yourself further from the Meet-and-Greet process you only increase the fakeness of the ritual?

Nikkila

Original Poster
I just don't want to be standing there with four books held out, while other children are waiting to meet them. My kids will see pictures and their autograph book.

ToyStorygirl

My husband and I will be traveling alone for this trip to celebrate our Ten year anniversary. I have promised our four little girls that I would get autographs......however I do not really need to meet characters and don't want to intrude on other little ones getting there chance. Is there a way to drop off their autograph books and have them signed? Maybe pick them up later?
Sign them yourself. None are real autographs anyway. They'll never know unless it's someone like Buzz who has a special character stamp.

Matt_Black

The thing is, the kids might ask, "Oh, what was Cinderella like?" or something similar, and kids can be quick to pick up on when adults are blowing smoke.

Betsyboo

I'm not sure why the autographs would be of any significance since the daughters aren't meeting them. That's part of the experience of meet and greets. If I were you I'd go in another direction with a souvenir for the kids.

Matt_Black

I'm not sure why the autographs would be of any significance since the daughters aren't meeting them. That's part of the experience of meet and greets. If I were you I'd go in another direction with a souvenir for the kids.

Well, the way the original post was phrased, it sounded like the children specifically asked for the autographs.

Phonedave

Somtimes you can get CM's who are trained to do it. Ask at guest services in the parks, or at your resort front desk.

You will have to leave the books (or whatever they are signing) and pick them up later.

The Disney Cruises are famous for this, you can drop off a T-shirt or Pillowcase at the start of the cruise and pick it up later with all the signatures.

-dave

Nikkila

Original Poster
Yes the girls all wanted autographs specifically. I am also going to try and Facetime when I am with their favorite characters. Who says going without kids is easier?! lol

Matt_Black

When are you going? Depending on the crowd level, the characters take more time then too, so you don't have to feel so bad. Especially at certain periods in the evening when people are trying to catch the parades or fireworks or are just deciding they want to go home.

Matt_Black

Minnie meets in several spots, so you're good with that. Ideally, if you're a resort guest, try and hit Pete's Silly Sideshow in the Magic Kingdom during evening extra magic hours, if available during your trip (I'm too lazy right now to actually check myself). I've did that in October, and Minnie took quite a bit of time with the young girl in front of me, as there weren't very many folks there.

As for the Princesses, if you can get a reservation and especially if you're on the dining plan, hit either Cinderella's Royal Table in MK or Akershus in Epcot (ideally the latter, as it's cheaper, though Norwegian cuisine might not float your boat), as those boast several princesses and, again, you can eat while you wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom