Gaston's Tavern.....Worthwhile or Waste of Space?

Zman-ks

I guess I would've liked to have seen more done w/ Gaston's Tavern.:(
75.gif

Me too....I think they could of done more. As it is though I still like it.

dadddio

A few thoughts:
  • It is my understanding that the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are the same as Main Street Bakery. They were baked at the bakery and then transported to Gaston's. The only real differences are 1) The Gaston's roll' icing is slightly maply and 2) the Main Street icing is put on when the rolls are still in the pan.
  • LeFou's Brew was not created to compete with butterbeer. It is actually the same drink that they have been serving in DCA as Red's Apple Freeze.
  • I think that the menu would be great if they would merely add french fries (or figaro fries!).

DManRightHere

Awesome place (physical and atmosphere).

We only tried the brew, wife loved it, I thought it was OK i liked the whip cream (sad attempt to combat butterbeer, it could sell better, but i think it has a bad confusion with actual beer and not enough people know about it).

As I remember there are not any other snack places in the area and probably a good use of space, menu items can always and probably will change.

On a real personal note..how can you have a tavern with no actual beer!?!? Just limit it to the immediate area. That would make the place very popular but then the seating area would need to be increased.

luv

I love the place and think it is VERY well done...antlers and all. :) I wish they had made it bigger, though (like a real fast food place)...not just a few tables.

I also wish they'd have a cup of berries. Anywhere.

splashingatkali

I just got back a few weeks ago, LeFou's Brew had to offer some really nice tasty pastries, new drinks and so forth. The atmosphere could of been a little more comfortable. As you walk in there is a room to your left and there are about 6 tables, all dirty, there was no one in sight cleaning, flies everywhere! The snacks were delious minus swatting every 2 seconds. Doubt I will be going there again. I miss main street bakery!!!

tissandtully

I think the theming in Gaston's is great, I do think there's not a whole lot of seating though. We got pork shanks for dinner last week and there was some guy taking up a 4-top all by himself, just sitting there listening to his iPod. We asked him if he was about done and I think it scared him off, haha. I think a party of four with meals in hand takes precedence over 1 guy just wasting time.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I can't disagree that the theming in Gaston's looks great. But in reality, considering what it offers, it could have (and probably should have) been just one of those small places like Aloha Isle. I'm not impressed at all with Belle's Village, it just seems so unnecessary. That space could have best been used for another ride of some sort. There are a number of Disney animated flicks that have very little presence in the World......why make so much of New Fantasyland based on B&TB?

EvilQueen-T

Inside is about the same size as la cava in epcot if that gives you any frame of reference. To small imo to have a big menu that requires seating but cute to go in and take pics. The menu itself is a bit all over the place and I'm one of those who thought LeFou's brew is yucky but that's sooooo subjective from person to person.

itsbetsyh

i've wandered in and out of GT multiple times. i know i should try a cinnamon bun and maybe i will on my next trip but i feel it's kind ehhhhh. not too exciting

Minnie1976

The pork shank is one of the best snacks in WDW. Even without that, the restaurant is very well themed inside and out. As with most things, it fall under the premise of "Just because you do not like it does not make it bad."
I have to agree I really liked the pork shank and the LeFou's Brew.

Just back from my honeymoon. Wife and I loved Gaston's. It was a nice respite in the middle of the day. Pork Shanks and Lefou's Brew were a nice meal for us. I agree with those that like the Pork Shank ahead of the turkey leg. Also it was better than the insanity we saw lined up for BOG Quick Service. And this was on a rainy day no less.

disney4life2008

During the 24 hour night - GT was one of the few places open all night. So I ventured over to new FL around 3am. The Cinnamon rolls are HUGE and smell delicious; however, not worth the money. Mines was dry. As for the Brew - it was absolutely disgusting!!!! It tastes like a sour apple with shaved ice. Sorry but the harry potter drink wins over this mess! As for it being a wasted space - I like it. Its a nice place to relax. I actually think the whole new FL concept is wasted space. I am not sure what the big deal about is. The little mermaid ride is nice but its nothing more than Nemo. I rather go to the stage show at HS. BoG resturant - while I am sure is wonderful inside and out - there is no way I am spending that kind of money on terrible food (meaning, there food offerings are horrific). Sorry! I am excited about SDMT however, reports have been its scaled back and will only be about 2 minutes long. I do not know what else the new FL has - Dumbo? Next. The princess with the long hair? Next! Belle storytime? Next! Which why is MK now more expensive than the other parks? Because the new FL is not worth it unless you have a little girl into princesses.

dadddio

Yep. Shame we are going to have to settle for a mass produced and shipped in Starbucks version now....
My understanding is that the Main Street Bakery will still have the same treats as before with the inclusion of some Starbucks items, much as was done at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical.

disney4life2008

My understanding is that the Main Street Bakery will still have the same treats as before with the inclusion of some Starbucks items, much as was done at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical.

The closing of the MSB is the biggest injustice to MK since the introduction of the female centered "New Fantasyland" lol

scarr13311

I've seen a lot of photos and videos of Gaston's Tavern, inside and out, of decor and of its menu.....is it just me or is it really wasted space for the piddly snack offerings it carries? I've heard mixed reviews on LeFou's Brew, and nothing else I saw on its menu looked all that impressive. Is it just me, or should there be more substantial items there that might make the place a particular draw for people to come back (i.e. Aloha Isle for Dole Whips)? It seems like for it's terrific theming and decor, it's really lacking for what it is.

Was a WDW week of May 20th and stopped at Gaston's Tavern didn't eat there just a small place to eat with a few tables outside of the eatery; But who wants to eat outside in hot 90 plus weather. As always Disney does a great job on the design but, not sure why they put it there not much on the menu to choose from. Would be nice if Disney added some more counter service like Sunshine seasons (healthy) at Epcot and some more sit down lunch/dinning resturaunts so people can relax and enjoy nice meal.

disney4life2008

Was a WDW week of May 20th and stopped at Gaston's Tavern didn't eat there just a small place to eat with a few tables outside of the eatery; But who wants to eat outside in hot 90 plus weather. As always Disney does a great job on the design but, not sure why they put it there not much on the menu to choose from. Would be nice if Disney added some more counter service like Sunshine seasons (healthy) at Epcot and some more sit down lunch/dinning resturaunts so people can relax and enjoy nice meal.

There is indoor seating. I am pretty sure the limited menu is to keep it as a tavern focus and promote people to go to BOG instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom