Gaston's Tavern.....Worthwhile or Waste of Space?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I've seen a lot of photos and videos of Gaston's Tavern, inside and out, of decor and of its menu.....is it just me or is it really wasted space for the piddly snack offerings it carries? I've heard mixed reviews on LeFou's Brew, and nothing else I saw on its menu looked all that impressive. Is it just me, or should there be more substantial items there that might make the place a particular draw for people to come back (i.e. Aloha Isle for Dole Whips)? It seems like for it's terrific theming and decor, it's really lacking for what it is.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
The pork shank is one of the best snacks in WDW. Even without that, the restaurant is very well themed inside and out. As with most things, it fall under the premise of "Just because you do not like it does not make it bad."

Would you make a special trip there just for the pork shank? If so, then I guess in your case it would be worthwhile. I'd love to know the cost to build GT and ask why their snack offerings are so weak (i.e. mixed fruit cup, apples w/caramel sauce, mixed veggie cup w/dip). I agree it's very well themed, I'm impressed with that aspect, but for what it is, it appears to fall way short of being a big draw (except perhaps for those who haven't seen the New Fantasyland at all yet). I would suggest they try and bring out more specialty drinks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Would you make a special trip there just for the pork shank? If so, then I guess in your case it would be worthwhile. I'd love to know the cost to build GT and ask why their snack offerings are so weak (i.e. mixed fruit cup, apples w/caramel sauce, mixed veggie cup w/dip). I agree it's very well themed, I'm impressed with that aspect, but for what it is, it appears to fall way short of being a big draw (except perhaps for those who haven't seen the New Fantasyland at all yet). I would suggest they try and bring out more specialty drinks.
It is snack spot, not a full blown restaurant. Aloha Isle sells a couple selections of soft serve and pineapple spears. Is it a waste of Space? What about Youkshire County Fish Shop (2 food items),Westward Ho (1 food item), or any number of small other 1-3 item places around all 4 parks. The only difference is Gaston's has added a few hundred square feet of very well themed dining space. I guess they could have made everyone just eat on benches and walls like they do at Aloha Isle, but last time I checked going above an beyond what is adequate was what Disney was supposed to do.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Dont they have ciniman rolls?

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Dont they have ciniman rolls?
I believe they have taken on a version of my beloved Main St. Bakery Cinnamon Roll. The version they have is rumored to be a bit tougher and to have a maple glaze on it. I'm going to reserve judgment on it until I try it myself in late May. The MSB Cinnamon Roll was the ultimate welcome to WDW/ comfort food for me.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I believe they have taken on a version of my beloved Main St. Bakery Cinnamon Roll. The version they have is rumored to be a bit tougher and to have a maple glaze on it. I'm going to reserve judgment on it until I try it myself in late May. The MSB Cinnamon Roll was the ultimate welcome to WDW/ comfort food for me.
Yep. Shame we are going to have to settle for a mass produced and shipped in Starbucks version now....

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I've seen a lot of photos and videos of Gaston's Tavern, inside and out, of decor and of its menu.....is it just me or is it really wasted space for the piddly snack offerings it carries? I've heard mixed reviews on LeFou's Brew, and nothing else I saw on its menu looked all that impressive. Is it just me, or should there be more substantial items there that might make the place a particular draw for people to come back (i.e. Aloha Isle for Dole Whips)? It seems like for it's terrific theming and decor, it's really lacking for what it is.
I thought it well worth the trip: to smell the delicious pork shank, sip on a LeFou's brew (which is best shared due to its sweetness) and hang out waiting for the oh-so-hilarious Gaston to appear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom