Gaston's Fountain....Ummm Take one angle shot and you get this?!

bubbles1812

D
Was this character meant to appeal to boys in Fantasyland expansion? Why even feature such a douchey basically villainous character. I don't get it.
Dude, the villains are some of the best and most interesting characters in the Disney movies. Where would Sleeping Beauty be without Malifecent? Or Aladdin without Jafar? Lion King without Scar? And Beauty and the Beast without Gaston? They'd all be pretty dang boring without them.

Gaston was a pretty fun villain. His song in the movie was excellent and a tavern as a quick service was a great idea. What else would you have featured from the movie in terms of eateries? The ballroom was already taken for Be Our Guest.

And have you ever gotten to do a character meet and greet with one of the villains? So much fun and not so vanilla as the other ones. I watched Gaston hamming it up with guests the other night and it was hilarious.

I actually wish there was more of a villain presence in the parks. As I said before, they are great characters and some of them quite steal the show in their respective movies. There was even the concept of a "Villain Mountain" as an awesome E ticket once upon a time.

George Lucas on a Bench

But Gaston is one of the lamest villains. The real villain in Beauty and the Beast was the Beast's former self. His character redeems himself and he becomes a good man. Gaston was just this douchey womanizing frat boy character and a bizarre choice to feature in the park like this. There's nothing appealing about him for men or women. He isn't charming or delicious in his evilness like those other characters you mentioned. He's a total nincompoop and he never gets the girl. It's not as though they needed to have a fake "tavern" with a peeing Gaston statue.

Bob Saget

But Gaston is one of the lamest villains. The real villain in Beauty and the Beast was the Beast's former self. His character redeems himself and he becomes a good man. Gaston was just this douchey womanizing frat boy character and a bizarre choice to feature in the park like this. There's nothing appealing about him for men or women. He isn't charming or delicious in his evilness like those other characters you mentioned. He's a total nincompoop and he never gets the girl. It's not as though they needed to have a fake "tavern" with a peeing Gaston statue.
But a statue of Beast's former self wizzing like that would only confuse children. (Not to mention be completely off-base with the story).

real mad hatter

Took a picture at Gaston's Fountain....I Got this...:eek:
DSC02452_zps2e027f28.jpg
Come on now! Your surely taking the ....;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom