Gaston

I cannot agree more, she has always been the most boring of all the princesses for me, we literally don't learn anything about her other than she likes some guy she meet in a dream.
I have to say Aurora was my favorite character that we met! My son was nervous about meeting characters and I thought she would be the perfect first character and she was. He wouldn't go to her at first, so she talked with him for a while, asking what kingdom he hailed from and if there were any dragons there. She said if he needed help slaying any dragons she would ask prince Phillip to help him. She also taught him to dance a waltz. She took so much time with him and was so patient until he was comfortable taking a picture with her! This was in Epcot by the way. She also said it was ok to be shy, because Prince Phillip was shy sometimes. She did great staying in character and being so kind. Just thought I would add that in.

Sped2424

I have to say Aurora was my favorite character that we met! My son was nervous about meeting characters and I thought she would be the perfect first character and she was. He wouldn't go to her at first, so she talked with him for a while, asking what kingdom he hailed from and if there were any dragons there. She said if he needed help slaying any dragons she would ask prince Phillip to help him. She also taught him to dance a waltz. She took so much time with him and was so patient until he was comfortable taking a picture with her! This was in Epcot by the way. She also said it was ok to be shy, because Prince Phillip was shy sometimes. She did great staying in character and being so kind. Just thought I would add that in.
Im sure for a face character she is entertaining as are all of them, She as a character in her film is just boring all we know about her is that she fell in love in a dream and that she wishes to marry the boy she meet in the woods. Everyone in that film has more personality and development than her, something I hope they fix in Maleficent.

Weather_Lady

Wow - your Aurora sounds great! Ours was beautiful and personable, but dimwitted to the point that it was kind of awkward trying to speak with her because she seemed to have trouble understanding us -- the Photopass photog that was with her kept "translating" what we'd said for her, using VERY SMALL WORDS. (We speak plain, unaccented American English, BTW). It was just weird.

Based on these descriptions, I really hope to run into Gaston some day -- he sounds like a riot!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Just back from 10 days in the World, which included 7 (1 full, 6 half days) at MK, and no Gaston.
Between the Mermaid ride, lunch at BOG, and just plain Gaston hunting, we were in FLE at least 9 times.
Alas, no Gaston. I was sad.

WDWFanDave

Just back from 10 days in the World, which included 7 (1 full, 6 half days) at MK, and no Gaston.
Between the Mermaid ride, lunch at BOG, and just plain Gaston hunting, we were in FLE at least 9 times.
Alas, no Gaston. I was sad.

That's interesting...we saw him out a couple of times, back behind the 'book shop', but both times it was near the end of his time, and we were very loudly told that the line was closed. It was said in a magical way, though, I guess.

ETA: I believe it was Thursday 9/26 when we saw him.

muteki

Do they put him on the Times Guide? They should, if he isn't going to be out and about often.

We've run into him a couple times, once on a MNSSHP night soft opening last year and in the middle of the day last spring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom