Gaston bathrooms sightline being fixed

Rob562

Original Poster
Well, the one bit of news I can actually report from here in WDW is just a minor issue I'd seen in videos from Day 1 of the Expansion is being worked on. Back at the bathrooms by Gaston's you could look to the right and see the top 2-3 feet of green building that was the Mermaid queue building.

Well, last night after stopping into Gaston's, I noticed that a tarp had appeared above the wall that wasn't there on Tuesday. So it looks like they're taking care of that one little issue back there. (It'll be interesting to see if they just paint it, or if they have some kind of three-dimensional setpiece to plop on there)

I took a pic, but it didn't really come out in the dark.

-Rob

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, the one bit of news I can actually report from here in WDW is just a minor issue I'd seen in videos from Day 1 of the Expansion is being worked on. Back at the bathrooms by Gaston's you could look to the right and see the top 2-3 feet of green building that was the Mermaid queue building.

Well, last night after stopping into Gaston's, I noticed that a tarp had appeared above the wall that wasn't there on Tuesday. So it looks like they're taking care of that one little issue back there. (It'll be interesting to see if they just paint it, or if they have some kind of three-dimensional setpiece to plop on there)

I took a pic, but it didn't really come out in the dark.

-Rob

Good to hear this is being fixed. Here is what it looked likely shortly after opening:

SightLine.jpg

Rob562

Original Poster
Oh, your pic reminded me of something. That drinking fountain outside the bathrooms is currently missing. There's a large barrel sitting where it's supposed to be.

And while we're on the subject of bathrooms, have the "Reclaimed Water, Do Not Drink" signs in the bathrooms at Gaston's and Be Our Guest been discussed on here?

-Rob

lnsemsf

The Dumbo sign was up last night around 10PM when we rode it. So it's either back or was removed overnight, depending on the age of that photo.

menamechris

Yeah, I will hold of on any criticism of that sightline until Mine Train is done. Some trees within what is currently walled off could easily fix it.

-Rob

I'm not sure how that would work. From Gaston's Tavern - it is pretty much a corridor, with the mine train to the right, and the Little Mermaid to the left. Storybook Circus is straight ahead. You can see Space Mountain and the Contemporary over Storybook Circus, not the Mine Train mountain. There really is no way to hide it. It's something that will just have to be ignored or overlooked.

Timothy_Q

I'm not sure how that would work. From Gaston's Tavern - it is pretty much a corridor, with the mine train to the right, and the Little Mermaid to the left. Storybook Circus is straight ahead. You can see Space Mountain and the Contemporary over Storybook Circus, not the Mine Train mountain. There really is no way to hide it. It's something that will just have to be ignored or overlooked.

Actually, if you look at the plans (or google earth and aerials) you'll see that the path to Storybook Circus makes a slight curve after you've passed the grotto. That curve is probably there for this exact reason... if they plant enough trees, I think *hope* Dumbo's tent and Space will be hidden.

IMG-20120518-00063+copy.jpg

JLipnick

I had noticed the green wall also. However, one thing I had wondered about in that back area with the bathrooms is the small rounded door that is about 2 feet tall. Just wondering if there was a story behind it?

Rob562

Original Poster
I had noticed the green wall also. However, one thing I had wondered about in that back area with the bathrooms is the small rounded door that is about 2 feet tall. Just wondering if there was a story behind it?

We saw that and started making Wonderland jokes... I don't know of any reason for it.

-Rob

Patricia Melton

I think the sight lines issues are very hard to predict before everything is built. Really glad to hear they are fixing the green wall. Wonder if they will just paint it like the other wall or wether they will hide with fake trees or something.

A friend of mine was just at WDW and she said they also took down the animal names and paintings in the Big Top Souvenirs. They used to have them by the cash registers but they are gone now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think the sight lines issues are very hard to predict before everything is built. Really glad to hear they are fixing the green wall. Wonder if they will just paint it like the other wall or wether they will hide with fake trees or something.

A friend of mine was just at WDW and she said they also took down the animal names and paintings in the Big Top Souvenirs. They used to have them by the cash registers but they are gone now.

Right behind the wall is a narrow employee walkway so I don't think there is enough room for trees. They will likely theme that section of the green wall to something that blends in better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom