Gaston and LeFou Statue/Fountain

dreamscometrue

Is the statue even in the movie? I just searched through the movie and haven't been able to find it.

Nope, the statue isn't in the film at all.

Just so I have this straight. Earlier this summer, some people on here were complaining that the BatB restaurant ballroom didn't look enough like the computer generated one from the movie. Now, we have people complaining that the statue doesn't look like the non-existant one from the movie. :) I know there was concept art, but that often changes. I don't see this as an issue at all. I'm just looking forward to all the clever antler accessories inside.

ellie-badge

Just so I have this straight. Earlier this summer, some people on here were complaining that the BatB restaurant ballroom didn't look enough like the computer generated one from the movie. Now, we have people complaining that the statue doesn't look like the non-existant one from the movie. :) I know there was concept art, but that often changes. I don't see this as an issue at all. I'm just looking forward to all the clever antler accessories inside.

I'm really excited to see the Beauty and the Beast area! I want to have a nice sit-down dinner at Be Our Guest more than anything, and I can't wait to see Belle's Cottage and Gaston's Tavern in person. I wasn't complaining about the statue that's been installed - I think it looks amazing - I was just clarifying that it wasn't featured in the movie, and came straight out of an imagineer's head. :D

dreamscometrue

I'm really excited to see the Beauty and the Beast area! I want to have a nice sit-down dinner at Be Our Guest more than anything, and I can't wait to see Belle's Cottage and Gaston's Tavern in person. I wasn't complaining about the statue that's been installed - I think it looks amazing - I was just clarifying that it wasn't featured in the movie, and came straight out of an imagineer's head. :D

I wasn't referring to any of your posts at all. :)

ellie-badge

You know something....I just figured out where I've seen that expression before!!!

200px-Trollface.svg.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Actually, no one in this thread complained that it didn't match the movie. The complain was that the gun was shown in the concept art and removed for the final statue. Whether true or not, it does give the impression the Disney is trying to be "politically correct".

WDWFanDave

Ok, so the gun isn't in the statue, but it is in the portrait that's going to be inside Gaston's, right? Haven't seen water running yet, but thinking that it made more sense for it to be running from a barrel into the mug instead of a gun. I'm just anxious to see it all in person, but thrilled that we keep getting sneak previews along the way too.

Rescue Ranger

I really REALLY hope I will be able to see this and at least some parts of all of this come the end of September when I'm there. Even if just the gift shop and his tavern. I see no reason why they can't open some areas in phases. Especially if completed. They did it/are doing it with Dumbo. Fingers crossed!!!

I think the fountain looks awesome :cool:.....though I'm always a sucker for water features of any kind.

Adam5897

Very cool! I can't wait to see the inside of Gaston's tavern. I hope the imagineers listened when he said "I use antlers in all of my decorating!"

tl77

I think it may have been that the short round shape of the keg is just more structurally sound than the long skinny gun with the big ended barrel, certainly a lot easier to cast out of bronze if that's how it was made. But I think it may have just been changed because of the logistics of the design instead of the politics of it

Cmdr_Crimson

Incase you were wondering what the concept art showed...That he did hold his rifle..
Belles-Village-Fantasyland.jpg

And a now a new closeup shot of the new statue..Sans Rifle
Gaston-Fantasyland.jpg

I for one would LOOOOOVE To see a Gaston's Tavern Shirt...With a fun catchphrase..."No One Brews Better Than Gastons!"

BrightImagine

Regarding the rifle/barrel: my first thought was that, in the concept art, there's a big bird sitting on that rifle... and maybe they did not want that to happen in real life. Secondly, the two barrels gives two opportunities for flowing water, and a more balanced fountain.

Regarding what's in the movie... there is no Gaston statue in the movie but Belle does sit down by a big nondescript fountain. And that large portrait is in the movie, I am fairly sure of it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Regarding what's in the movie... there is no Gaston statue in the movie but Belle does sit down by a big nondescript fountain. And that large portrait is in the movie, I am fairly sure of it.

The Portrait is there...But it's different You can see that it's a side profile of him looking up.
tumblr_m6zui5yxDb1qh693o.gif

WishIwasThere

I want to see someone post a picture of Gaston filling Lefou's cup (heard it can be see from certain angles)...that would be funny. Though TDO would catch wind of it and take down the statue....so never mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom