Garfield Fan Presents: The First Ever Imagineering Jam (Currently Active!)

What Was Your Favorite Idea

• Soul: The Journey Within

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Disney Animation Ride

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • The Little Mermaid Project

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Darkstalkers: The Unseen Lands

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheOriginalTiki

Project teaser
1621275497566.png

spacemt354

Chili's
Soul: The Journey Within

After the transformation in the south-end of the park with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, the next project on the docket for Disney's Hollywood Studios was devising what to do with the north-end of the park. Where once Disney Animators would create new films and shorts as a working studio, it now sits isolated and thematically distant from its surrounding neighbors. Moreover, shows such as The Little Mermaid and Disney Junior, are on their last legs, with Star Wars Launch Bay obsolete in its current location.

With Toy Story Land being a smash hit, and Pixar continuing to generate quality story-telling into the 2020s, the ever awaited Pixar expansion of Disney's Hollywood Studios began. Where Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land added some greenery to DHS, the north-end Pixar expansion will focus on cities. Midtown from The Incredibles, Monstropolis from Monster's Inc, and even animated versions of New York City and San Francisco to represent Soul and Inside Out respectfully.
KwnuT7S.jpg

But the first of these expansions is relatively quaint, and focuses on transition from the 1930s Los Angeles aesthetic to the small-town brownstones and shops of a bustling New York City to the left and Monstropolis to the right.
da53c75e07f68fc2fc9156d104ce7dc0.png

ed989b415ace5d2003a98e04a3b141a41cf2e751_hq.jpg

Both echo similarities and their connect breeds new life into the Pixar Theory as well, connecting all the Pixar films into one universe. Our focus is on the left side of the city. We gaze over at a basement comedy club to the right of the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (moved from Tomorrowland), and look to a Jazz Club on the left, home of the suspended dark ride, Soul: The Journey Within.

Projection animatronics have become a mainstay in Disney attractions, popularized by the queue of Toy Story Midway Mania, to the Seven Dwarf Mine Train, and so on. Now in The Journey Within, the style of the Great Before, and the Great Beyond, both transition well to the use of projection animatronics, as the facial features and movements of the characters in the film blend well to the use of this technology.

The attraction itself is narrated by Joe, but his presence in the attraction is relegated to the queue as a mentor in the Great Before, as a projection mapping animatronic.

Most of the attraction takes place in the Great Before, as guests sail above the colorful hillsides and among the Jerrys looking at all the new Souls awaiting their journey to earth.
soul-greatbefore-700x300.jpg

The attraction winds around through the Halls of Imagination and throughout, each set of earthbound vehicles gets a badge to themselves where you can select what your passions are for your life on earth, to add interactivity to the attraction. Rather than Hidden Mickeys, this attraction and subsequent Pixar based attractions will have 'Pixar' easter eggs scattered throughout, to connect the attractions throughout Walt Disney World.

Transitioning towards the darker elements of the Soul World, you enter the realm of lost Souls, meandering around with no 'purpose.' You and Joe attempt to free them from their misery with the help of the colorful pirate ship, navigated by Moonwind.
soul_moonwind_s_ship_by_mdwyer5_debhxae-fullview.jpg

Before leaving for earth, you look up at a cosmic light beckoning guests to come towards it. The Great Beyond sits overhead. While you pass it by this time, it is a foreboding yet peaceful notice of what is to come, and to live life to the fullest each day.
soul3.png

soul_pixar_review_1.jpg

With your passons selected, your vehicles glide down towards earth through the earth portal. Melancholic music synthesizes in the background as you head back towards Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Guests exit into Moonwind's Corner Store. Featured as a quaint gift shop on the corner of the new sub-land with Soul and Pixar related merchandise throughout.

ThemeParkPriest

After the transformation in the south-end of the park with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, the next project on the docket for Disney's Hollywood Studios was devising what to do with the north-end of the park. Where once Disney Animators would create new films and shorts as a working studio, it now sits isolated and thematically distant from its surrounding neighbors. Moreover, shows such as The Little Mermaid and Disney Junior, are on their last legs, with Star Wars Launch Bay obsolete in its current location.

With Toy Story Land being a smash hit, and Pixar continuing to generate quality story-telling into the 2020s, the ever awaited Pixar expansion of Disney's Hollywood Studios began. Where Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land added some greenery to DHS, the north-end Pixar expansion will focus on cities. Midtown from The Incredibles, Monstropolis from Monster's Inc, and even animated versions of New York City and San Francisco to represent Soul and Inside Out respectfully.
KwnuT7S.jpg

But the first of these expansions is relatively quaint, and focuses on transition from the 1930s Los Angeles aesthetic to the small-town brownstones and shops of a bustling New York City to the left and Monstropolis to the right.

Both echo similarities and their connect breeds new life into the Pixar Theory as well, connecting all the Pixar films into one universe. Our focus is on the left side of the city. We gaze over at a basement comedy club to the right of the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (moved from Tomorrowland), and look to a Jazz Club on the left, home of the suspended dark ride, Soul: The Journey Within.

Projection animatronics have become a mainstay in Disney attractions, popularized by the queue of Toy Story Midway Mania, to the Seven Dwarf Mine Train, and so on. Now in The Journey Within, the style of the Great Before, and the Great Beyond, both transition well to the use of projection animatronics, as the facial features and movements of the characters in the film blend well to the use of this technology.

The attraction itself is narrated by Joe, but his presence in the attraction is relegated to the queue as a mentor in the Great Before, as a projection mapping animatronic.

Most of the attraction takes place in the Great Before, as guests sail above the colorful hillsides and among the Jerrys looking at all the new Souls awaiting their journey to earth.

The attraction winds around through the Halls of Imagination and throughout, each set of earthbound vehicles gets a badge to themselves where you can select what your passions are for your life on earth, to add interactivity to the attraction. Rather than Hidden Mickeys, this attraction and subsequent Pixar based attractions will have 'Pixar' easter eggs scattered throughout, to connect the attractions throughout Walt Disney World.

Transitioning towards the darker elements of the Soul World, you enter the realm of lost Souls, meandering around with no 'purpose.' You and Joe attempt to free them from their misery with the help of the colorful pirate ship, navigated by Moonwind.

Before leaving for earth, you look up at a cosmic light beckoning guests to come towards it. The Great Beyond sits overhead. While you pass it by this time, it is a foreboding yet peaceful notice of what is to come, and to live life to the fullest each day.
soul3.png

soul_pixar_review_1.jpg

With your passons selected, your vehicles glide down towards earth through the earth portal. Melancholic music synthesizes in the background as you head back towards Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Guests exit into Moonwind's Corner Store. Featured as a quaint gift shop on the corner of the new sub-land with Soul and Pixar related merchandise throughout.

So I was the one who first planted the idea on the forum for a Soul ride...so you’re welcome!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

KwnuT7S.jpg

soul3.png

soul_pixar_review_1.jpg

Omg we both picked like, roughly the same area of the same park!!!

(I swear on Margot Robbie that I did not see your project prior to posting mine!)

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Before I introduce the ride, I want to say that this ride is VERY unrealistic and is by no means to be taken in a realistic manner. This was just a fun idea I had to celebrate the animated movies we all know and love. Ok, without further ado, I present...

The Great Disney Animation Ride

xGUQ6MkNmwVQO1I40IhqWyenmaOqlMKMyQ05n-hwlLwhO5aIv3ATiOy2SxdyCuGbwNnnOJnsTwkW6KDUVZMkOKlVS2DVLbwy3uN5asQ-0ZoGI4N4HfTSbbGqrcrQuW_xikPccv-E

OHMYGOD I LOVE IT!! It’s so absurdly over the top!! It’s perfect!!! And I’m only two paragraphs in.

Orange Cat

Original Poster
My apologies, but I think I'll be dropping out of this round. To be honest, I've found myself hitting a bit of a mental brick wall, so I think I'll step back and try to focus on SYWTBAI. Hopefully, that gets the gears turning again.

Again, my apologies.
No problem! This is just for fun & the last thing I want is someone forcing themselves to work on something they don’t enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom