Garfield Fan Presents: The First Ever Imagineering Jam (Currently Active!)

What Was Your Favorite Idea

• Soul: The Journey Within

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Disney Animation Ride

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • The Little Mermaid Project

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Darkstalkers: The Unseen Lands

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orange Cat

Original Poster
IMG_2601.jpeg

Welcome the the first ever Imagineering Jam! A fun little mini competition that will not only act as a warmup for SYWTBAI 19 but also just a general Imagineering exercise that anyone can partake in, but I suppose exactly what this is is a little unclear, so onto the explanation!

So first off this is inspired by a Game Jam, which is something most people even somewhat interested in game design know about, but for those who aren’t familiar with them, they’re basically exercises in game design that have limitations which usually act as competitions where the public votes for their favorite game, this is basically that but with Imagineering projects instead of games, now onto the rules!

Since this is a “mini-competition” it will act as Game Jams tend to & will only have one round that will last from May 13th to May 26th 11:59 EST. Anyone can submit a project which will be voted on from May 27th to June 2nd 11:59 EST. Once the voting is over the people in 3rd, 2nd, & 1st place will be announced as well as my personal favorite project. The project must fit into a theme & limitation that will be announced tomorrow!

So in conclusion, I hope people play & this isn’t a failure.

Last edited:

Orange Cat

Original Poster

PerGron

View attachment 556865

Welcome the the first ever Imagineering Jam! A fun little mini competition that will not only act as a warmup for SYWTBAI 19 but also just a general Imagineering exercise that anyone can partake in, but I suppose exactly what this is is a little unclear, so onto the explanation!

So first off this is inspired by a Game Jam, which is something most people even somewhat interested in game design know about, but for those who aren’t familiar with them, they’re basically exercises in game design that have limitations which usually act as competitions where the public votes for their favorite game, this is basically that but with Imagineering projects instead of games, now onto the rules!

Since this is a “mini-competition” it will act as Game Jams tend to & will only have one round that will last from May 13th to May 26th 11:59 EST. Anyone can submit a project which will be voted on from May 27th to June 2nd 11:59 EST. Once the voting is over the people in 3rd, 2nd, & 1st place will be announced as well as my personal favorite project. The project must fit into a theme & limitation that will be announced tomorrow!

So in conclusion, I hope people play & this isn’t a failure.
I don't know if I'll have any time, but if I do I'll definitely try to play!

Miru

Aye, this is an interesting subject...

Darkstalkers: The Unseen Lands

This is a somewhat Alien Encounter-like show based on the much loved Capcom game franchise. Making heavy use of animatronics and attempting to recreate the zany animation so key to the franchise, the experience features many beloved characters brought to animatronic form. The first scene is inside the Revengers Roost, where you notice various artifacts from the series, such as the Iron Maiden Donovan uses to imprison his foes. Morrigan herself watches from above with curiosity. Lilith is on the other side, and she’s clearly happier about guests. And look what’s around the corner, cause here he is! Mr Baine is now standing atop his bed, and informs visitors of the Darkstalkers, using projection technology for his face. Other Darkstalkers appear via Pepper’s Ghost effects. “My goal in life is to track the beasts down and slay them. Regretfully, I am one of them...” His sword, Dhylec, begins to spin, and points behind Donovan. It is directing riders to their seats. Pass by the emotionless Anita as you enter the seats, and get ready for a hell of a show.

The seats feature armrests, as well as a textured lap bar, and they are called “Prowling Chasers.” As riders are seated, the room begins to darken, eventually becoming pitch black, before lights along the avenues of the theater begin to glimmer with a mystical green glow. The curtain, appearing to be made of purple vines, opens up. Inside, we see a spinning globe, illustrated in animated sepia tones, with evil faces and beasts emerging from every corner. We are now in Las Vegas, gambling center of the United States. Neon lights are agleam, and yet shadows creep among them.

Donovan is now crawling in the darkness of the city, encountering jackalopes and hidebehinds. As he comes up to the top of the skyscraper in pursuit of his prey, seats are tilted upwards, getting a view of Felicia, back facing the guests. Donovan corners her, and she turns around. She says “My destiny... it’s to make a killing, not to kill.” Donovan isn’t convinced, but Dhylec is glowing oddly, as if to tell Donovan that she’s telling the truth. A battle ensues regardless. The animatronics, based on the Spider Man animatronic, perform a number of their moves from the games. Donovan wins, and Felicia is dragged into his Iron Maiden. However, her friends appear, and Donovan starts getting second thoughts. Felicia looks at him sadly. He shrugs, and supposes that she’s becoming an adventuring companion to their next destination.

We arrive in Canada, where Donovan escapes the clutches of unknown beasts, still carrying Felicia, as the theater is chilled with air, and the seats rotate again. We come to the fuzzy but misanthropic Sasquatch, who’s sitting by his lonesome. Seeing what appear to be humans, he starts to get up, but turns and bellows when he realizes they are Darkstalkers. This pushes the seats back, and phlegm sprays on the riders. Felicia is let out of the iron maiden and soon attacks Sasquatch. After the brawl, we see the globe again, and end up in China. Hsien-Ko appears there, and confronts Donovan. As their respective blades clash and produce sparks, Hsien-Ko tells Donovan her sobering backstory as Felicia watches. Donovan puts down his saber... but then Lord Raptor jumps out! He attacks Felicia with his Hell Dunk attack, prompting a battle against him and his evil blood. Lord Raptor strikes his guitar, making the room go black once more.

He now stomps around on guest lap bars, makes seats spin wildly, and occasionally shows up in flashes of light, trying to get it on with Hsien-Ko and the rest. Eventually, this light show ends with Donovan covered in blood, pinned by the wicked ghoul. Anita is there, looking at him, and finally feeling emotion. Suddenly, the scene goes white, and Donovan and Raptor appear to be no more. Hsien-Ko, Felicia, and Anita do look to the sky, where Dhylec appears to be pointing forward... to the exit.

Felicia, much in the spirit of the Tiki Room’s dwellers, now sings to point you to the exit. Her last words are “Maybe stardom isn’t as hot as it seems...”

Exit into a gift shop selling Darkstalkers stuff, and even this is highly decorated as well.

Chaos Cat

Aye, this is an interesting subject...

Darkstalkers: The Unseen Lands

This is a somewhat Alien Encounter-like show based on the much loved Capcom game franchise. Making heavy use of animatronics and attempting to recreate the zany animation so key to the franchise, the experience features many beloved characters brought to animatronic form. The first scene is inside the Revengers Roost, where you notice various artifacts from the series, such as the Iron Maiden Donovan uses to imprison his foes. Morrigan herself watches from above with curiosity. Lilith is on the other side, and she’s clearly happier about guests. And look what’s around the corner, cause here he is! Mr Baine is now standing atop his bed, and informs visitors of the Darkstalkers, using projection technology for his face. Other Darkstalkers appear via Pepper’s Ghost effects. “My goal in life is to track the beasts down and slay them. Regretfully, I am one of them...” His sword, Dhylec, begins to spin, and points behind Donovan. It is directing riders to their seats. Pass by the emotionless Anita as you enter the seats, and get ready for a hell of a show.

The seats feature armrests, as well as a textured lap bar, and they are called “Prowling Chasers.” As riders are seated, the room begins to darken, eventually becoming pitch black, before lights along the avenues of the theater begin to glimmer with a mystical green glow. The curtain, appearing to be made of purple vines, opens up. Inside, we see a spinning globe, illustrated in animated sepia tones, with evil faces and beasts emerging from every corner. We are now in Las Vegas, gambling center of the United States. Neon lights are agleam, and yet shadows creep among them.

Donovan is now crawling in the darkness of the city, encountering jackalopes and hidebehinds. As he comes up to the top of the skyscraper in pursuit of his prey, seats are tilted upwards, getting a view of Felicia, back facing the guests. Donovan corners her, and she turns around. She says “My destiny... it’s to make a killing, not to kill.” Donovan isn’t convinced, but Dhylec is glowing oddly, as if to tell Donovan that she’s telling the truth. A battle ensues regardless. The animatronics, based on the Spider Man animatronic, perform a number of their moves from the games. Donovan wins, and Felicia is dragged into his Iron Maiden. However, her friends appear, and Donovan starts getting second thoughts. Felicia looks at him sadly. He shrugs, and supposes that she’s becoming an adventuring companion to their next destination.

We arrive in Canada, where Donovan escapes the clutches of unknown beasts, still carrying Felicia, as the theater is chilled with air, and the seats rotate again. We come to the fuzzy but misanthropic Sasquatch, who’s sitting by his lonesome. Seeing what appear to be humans, he starts to get up, but turns and bellows when he realizes they are Darkstalkers. This pushes the seats back, and phlegm sprays on the riders. Felicia is let out of the iron maiden and soon attacks Sasquatch. After the brawl, we see the globe again, and end up in China. Hsien-Ko appears there, and confronts Donovan. As their respective blades clash and produce sparks, Hsien-Ko tells Donovan her sobering backstory as Felicia watches. Donovan puts down his saber... but then Lord Raptor jumps out! He attacks Felicia with his Hell Dunk attack, prompting a battle against him and his evil blood. Lord Raptor strikes his guitar, making the room go black once more.

He now stomps around on guest lap bars, makes seats spin wildly, and occasionally shows up in flashes of light, trying to get it on with Hsien-Ko and the rest. Eventually, this light show ends with Donovan covered in blood, pinned by the wicked ghoul. Anita is there, looking at him, and finally feeling emotion. Suddenly, the scene goes white, and Donovan and Raptor appear to be no more. Hsien-Ko, Felicia, and Anita do look to the sky, where Dhylec appears to be pointing forward... to the exit.

Felicia, much in the spirit of the Tiki Room’s dwellers, now sings to point you to the exit. Her last words are “Maybe stardom isn’t as hot as it seems...”

Exit into a gift shop selling Darkstalkers stuff, and even this is highly decorated as well.
It's literally the first day, how?!
Oh My God Wow GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom