Garden View Tea Room

NadieMasK2

Original Poster
I am so excited! I just made ressies for me and DD18 for afternoon tea in August, kind of a special treat for her before she heads off to college :(. Has anyone done this, and what did you order? Was it yummy? It's kind of pricey but hopefully it will make for a memorable experience.

On a side note, during this time my DH and DD11 will be on their own in MK. Any suggestions for a good lunch place for them? Maybe something more fun like Cosmic Rays?

mpoppins217

You and your daughter will love it. It is the most relaxing enjoyable experience I have ever had. My mom and I both got the B-ham Palace (it's editing it out but if you look at the menu you'll see) and it was wonderful. The sandwiches are delicious (my favorite was the pear one). Make sure if you're allergic to shellfish to let them know because one of the sandwiches is usually shrimp salad. You get to smell the teas before deciding. I recommend the Eros and Nobo, both were so delicious. If you want more info you can find the menu over at allears.net (and possibly here, I'm not sure).

Just remember to relax and enjoy your time to the fullest!

Have a great trip! :wave:

Kwit35

If this is the tea over at the GF, we did it a couple years ago. It was really nice. My daughter was to young for tea, so they brought her apple juice in a tea pot so that she could pour her own. It was a nice afternoon for my mom, my daughter, and myself. My boss was also with us on that trip along with her husband. He kept asking when they would bring the real food. So, this is definatley a girl thing. My boss is going again this fall and taking her daughter-in-law. They are leaving the boys at the park.

travelgip

Afternoon tea

Be aware, afternoon tea at the Garden Grill is nice, but it is not like an "authentic afternoon "high" tea. If that is what you are looking for you will be disappointed. While the price is high, it is such a lovely room and the service there is great. Just know in advance that this is the "Disney style" of afternoon tea.

NadieMasK2

Original Poster
Thanks all!

Be aware, afternoon tea at the Garden Grill is nice, but it is not like an "authentic afternoon "high" tea. If that is what you are looking for you will be disappointed. While the price is high, it is such a lovely room and the service there is great. Just know in advance that this is the "Disney style" of afternoon tea.

LOL I grew up in Southern Indiana, I don't have a clue what an authentic high noon tea consists of, so I don't have a comparison.:shrug:

I'm assuming it will beat my regular afternoon snack consisting of diet coke and a Reeses.;) Just got to remember to hold up that pinky while I"m drinking and pat the corners of my mouth daintily. Oh and not ask for ketchup :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom