Garden Grill

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the link. :) I probably should have checked that out.

Is the mushroom au jus and the cranberry sauce served on the side? What is the potato casserole like?
I assume it can be served on the side. The steak is marinated which to my knowledge can not be undone.

mouselvrmom

Thanks for the help, yoda! :)

One more quick question, if you don't mind. Are there actual mushrooms on the steak or is it just marinated in a mushroom sauce?

meljaffe

we went in sept 07 --food was nothing special but good--characters were wonderful-- they all (mickey, pluto, goofy, chip & dale) came to our
table numerous times. chip & dale help my 4yo decorate her cupcake and
gave her a certificate that made her an honorary rescue ranger. this is the
most time the characters have spent with us at any character meal--
it was revolving then

DizneyPryncess

I love the Garden Grille! I was there twice last year, and it has become one of my favorite places to eat!

The characters are Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale - at least they were when I was there. The food was so good I thought. They brought us all you can eat Turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, mac&cheese (amazing), and catfish which I don't eat. I think it's weird to ride Living with the Land & see the fish and then go upstairs and eat them.

The CM's there were so friendly to us. We had just gotten engaged and they brought us a free congratulations Mickey cake, Just Married buttons even though we were only engaged, and a free cheese & fruit appetizer. Then they brought Chip over to do a special "proposal" to me in front of the restaurant. It was a very magical meal!

If you go there, there is a fantastic hidden Mickey in the big plant wall mural that you have to be eating in the restaurant to see! Ask your waiter or waitress to help, it's hard to find. Very cool though, I recommend it! I also recommend reservations, as the only reason we got a table the 2nd time is because they were impressed that my fiance was wearing his groom ears & they squeezed us in.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Thanks

Is the mushroom au jus and the cranberry sauce served on the side? What is the potato casserole like?

I absolutely love the potato casserole, it's small chunks of potato with cheese baked onto it, and it's just fantastic :slurp: I think it's my favorite thing on the menu!

I don't eat catfish either, and I've never had a problem leaving full, the steak is wonderful and would be sufficient on it's own, even if that were the only offering. I wouldn't worry about mushrooms. I've eaten there several times, and didn't even realize until this thread that there were mushrooms :eek: If they are there, I would think you could push them aside, yes? Honestly, I don't recall anything but the great flavor of the meat.

The Garden Grille may not have the most exciting menu on property, but the food is good enough to make it worth the trip, and the atmosphere more than makes up for anything the menu may lack, which isn't much! I love the slow spin through the sets of Living With the Land.

mouselvrmom

I absolutely love the potato casserole, it's small chunks of potato with cheese baked onto it, and it's just fantastic :slurp: I think it's my favorite thing on the menu!

I don't eat catfish either, and I've never had a problem leaving full, the steak is wonderful and would be sufficient on it's own, even if that were the only offering. I wouldn't worry about mushrooms. I've eaten there several times, and didn't even realize until this thread that there were mushrooms :eek: If they are there, I would think you could push them aside, yes? Honestly, I don't recall anything but the great flavor of the meat.

The Garden Grille may not have the most exciting menu on property, but the food is good enough to make it worth the trip, and the atmosphere more than makes up for anything the menu may lack, which isn't much! I love the slow spin through the sets of Living With the Land.

Thanks for you take on the menu and answering my question on the potato casserole-which sounds nummy by they way! :)

We'll really have to think about this one. It's so hard with so many good places to choose from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom