Garden Grill - Epcot ??

WDWspider

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
I know in all the books and sites online it's two $$'s so that means it's the same price as Crystal Palace and everything. So I'm guessing around 15 - 20 a meal. I'm not big on icecream either, but I AM liking the straw hat. I'd pimp that thing like nothing else! :p

Well, for me... experience at a Disney Restaurant is half the price spent. And Characters too... go for it. You can write the rest off on your Straw Hat and go hang out on Tom Sawyer Island. :lol:

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by spider-man
Well, for me... experience at a Disney Restaurant is half the price spent. And Characters too... go for it. You can write the rest off on your Straw Hat and go hang out on Tom Sawyer Island. :lol:
Yeah, I guess I'll have to do it! Besides, it's not like I am the one paying for it! Thanks Dad!! :lol:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by spider-man
OK it's Chip n Dale, Mickey, and one other (maybe two)

I think they have Fried Chicken, It's like a southern Meal (I don't remember Turkey).

It is all you can eat Spark.

You get a free straw hat.

You need to make PS arrangements even though it's not as well known, it still fills up most of the day.

When I was there on the 13th of Jan., the price was $19.95 for adults. We walked right in without a PS (but the parks were pretty empty, and there were only two of us.)There were the characters already mentioned, plus Farmer Minnie and Farmer Goofy. And we did not get a hat. :mad:

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by The Mom
And we did not get a hat. :mad:

I think they are up front before you step onto the Rotation. We went like 7 years ago also, but I still have the hat at my parents house somewhere (everyone in the family got one)... Sorry you didn't get one. :( Maybe they have stopped it??

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
MKTiggerman and I ate there last time I was at WDW for lunch one day. We were one of like 3 groups in the whole place, so the characters had a field day with us.

The food was very well done. Our waiter was a bit pushy but other than that, I'd recommend it to anyone :)

Upvote 0

mwitkus

There is a lot of food, so if you aren't a big eater, you may be overwhelmed.. It's all served family style I believe. (Hubby and I had different servings since he eats meat and I don't.) He is generally a picky eater but seemed to enjoy all of the food they served.

Also - we didn't get a hat! I'm kind of bummed about that, but I didn't see anyone else get one either so I'm guessing maybe they aren't doing that anymore???

As for characters - when we were there we saw Mickey, Pluto, Chip n Dale, and Goofy.. All farmer style...

We enjoyed it...

Upvote 0

Becky

We have eaten at GG a dozen or so times:D

Last time they had hats was about 3 years ago. I don't miss them. Once you left you looked rather corney with it on

Food has been Chicken or Turkey depending on the time of year, beef and fish. Vegies,potatoes, bread (no more Mickey butter:( non-alcoholic drinks salad and desert (the apple crisp and ice cream is no longer :(

Price is fair and you won't need to eat again that day.

You get as much as you want. Stay as long as you want. We have sometimes done two revolutions:cool: :D

Ask for Rosie from Cuba. She is a super CM:) :animwink:

Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale will spend a lot of time with you:cool:

PS is important at Easter, Christmas break, and other major holidays but most of the time they have lots of tables without doing PS:D

Enjoy:)

Upvote 0

RandeB

No Hat

We had hats our first time, five years ago. Two years later, we were told they discontinued the hat giveaway because most of them ended up in the trash. Now we know Disney likes to cut costs, but in this case I have no problem as we had seven people in our party get hats and all seven ended up in a dumpster.

I'm sure ninety nine percent of the hats are wherever Disney rubbish goes to rest.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Re: No Hat

Originally posted by RandeB
We had hats our first time, five years ago. Two years later, we were told they discontinued the hat giveaway because most of them ended up in the trash. Now we know Disney likes to cut costs, but in this case I have no problem as we had seven people in our party get hats and all seven ended up in a dumpster.

I'm sure ninety nine percent of the hats are wherever Disney rubbish goes to rest.
Yeah, I can see that happening. It IS kind of a waste b/c even if people do keep them, they don't ever use them again. They just take up space in your closet at home or in a box in the basement/attic. I still think a straw hat is an awesome incentive for eating at a place like that. Oh well. Looks like I'll just have to bring my own from home. :lol:

Thread Drift Alert!? If your screen name is refering to what I think it is, I love Rande and Tiki Barber! They're so cute in that visa check card commercial. You must be a fan. :D

Upvote 0

RandeB

Re: Barbers

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
Thread Drift Alert!? If your screen name is refering to what I think it is, I love Rande and Tiki Barber! They're so cute in that visa check card commercial. You must be a fan. :D

Uh, no. Just my own name. It's Ronde Barber. I happened to root for the, um, er, Philly Eagles. (Wait til next year).

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Sad about the Hats - but not too much, still you guys had got me hyped about going back to the restaurant on my next trip... don't know yet, too many good choices at EPCOT.:slurp:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We ate lunch there last year in October. We loved it. It was alot like Liberty Tree Tavern food, which we love as well.

The characters we had were Mickey, Pluto, and Chip n' Dale.

It wasn't crowded at all. I had to use the restroom during lunch, I I can say that there were only 10 or so tables with guests at them.

One thing I've noticed that no one has saud was the Re-Hitching Cerimony. I surprised my wife with that one. She knew something was up when the server started asking questions, like our full names, and spellings, when were we first married. Then all four characters came to our table, we had to stand up and face the other guests in the area, and then we said our wedding vows (basically I Do's). Then they took a few pictures with our camera for us, and all four characters signed a re-marriage certificate for us, and we got a small wedding cake. All at no cost to us I might add!

If you want to do a little special thing for you better half, and your not shy...this was a fun thing to do.

The cake was very good, but way to much to eat. We took it back to the resort, but we never did eat any more of it, and it kinda melted. :lol:

I'd recommend this place to anyone!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom