Game Plan in the Parks?

bubbles1812

Original Poster
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a specific "plan of attack" they like to use when they go to the parks (besides of course, the RSR FP early morning walk-run)? Weirdly enough, I had someone tell me I should go to the left first in DL... which threw me because I always start left at the MK too. I am now just over two weeks out from my DL trip (Vouchers and such came today. Wooooooo!). But I honestly have no idea what I'm doing haha. I have 3 full days to utilize, which are a Wednesday through a Friday.

Figments Friend

Are you visiting yourself alone, or with family/kids/friends in tow?

If by yourself, i highly recommend the Single Rider line at RSR.
If with a friend and you are willing to ride separately you can still utilize the Single Rider line.

If you plan on visiting with a 3/4 people, or with kids in tow...the Single Rider line is not an option.
You CAN still ride however without waiting hours if you are not able to score a FP in the morning stampede.
Try riding in the evening, right before Park close.
RSR is beautifully lit in the evening (as is ALL of Cars Land) and in most cases as long as you are in line for an Attraction a few minutes prior to Park closing time they will cycle you through for a ride.
It may be different however at RSR, so i recommend showing up 30 minutes ahead of closing and getting in line or at least inquiring about it with one of the CMs at the entrance to the Attraction.
Others here may have more insights.

I have had no problems riding RSR the two times i have visited since it opened.
The most i have waited in the eight rides i have done to date was about 20 minutes, and i have never used a FP for it.
BUT...i visit *off season* and alone...so...your mileage may vary.
;)

I find Single Rider is a blessing for RSR, Soarin* Over Cali, and the Matterhorn Bobsleds in particular.
I do NOT recommend it for *Indiana Jones Adventure* as you bypass the utterly amazing queue experience which is half the ride in itself.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I do not have a laid out plan when I visit the parks, I just go. I know you're used to WDW where there can be a lot of planning, but try not to for your upcoming trip to the DLR. If you're planning on hitting up RSR in the morning right when it opens, stick to the right side of the crowd.

gboiler1

Touringplans.com is a good resource if you want to optimize your time and helps decide what to ride when. Its a nominal subscription but might be worth looking at for help if you are interested.

JillC LI

Touringplans.com is a good resource if you want to optimize your time and helps decide what to ride when. Its a nominal subscription but might be worth looking at for help if you are interested.

I used Touring Plans to plan our course for both parks as we only had 1 day per park 2 weeks ago. W e deviated a bit here and there from the plan, but it was very helpful to have a plan and know what attractions we did not want to miss and have some knowledge of where they were located so we could do them in some semblance of a time-efficient manner.

JoMarch

For Disneyland, if you are entering in the early morning - or Magic Mornings, enter RIGHT. I like to tackle all the kiddie rides in Fantasyland. A lot of the "kiddie" rides do not have fast passes. If you are very early you may avoid the long lines.

If you are entering DL in the mid-afternoon, I prefer to go LEFT and hit Indiana Jones, Pirates, etc. These rides have fast passes so you can fast pass something, ride 1-2 other rides, return for the fast pass and make your way around the park in that fashion.

Definitely hit California Adventure in the early morning - hit the Radiator Springs Racer FIRST for a fast pass....and if you want another opportunty, single ride it at this time. Then maybe grab a ticket for "World of Color" and go ride Toy Story Mania. Maybe by that time your fast pass for RSR will be ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom