Game of Thrones: Season 7

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Gorram! Haha a Firefly reference. Thanks for that!
giphy.gif

Princess Leia

Original Poster
  • Tyene Sand (in front of her mother)
  • Ellaria Sand
  • Olenna Tyrell (just to wipe out the rest of the Tyrells)
  • Septa Unella (if the Mountain hasn't killed her yet)
  • Thoros of Myr
  • Beric Dondarrion
  • Grey Worm
  • Randyll or Dickon Tarly
  • a dragon not named Drogon (so either Visarion or Rhaegal)
  • Edd :(
  • Littlefinger- killed by Arya or Sansa in the season finale
Two Sand Snakes are dead (yayyyy), but I don't see any major characters outside of Littlefinger dying this season. I know Davos and Melisandre are common picks on some betting sites, but they seem too big to die... yet. The last season is where we'll see Cersei, Mel, The Mountain, Jorah, Bronn, Tormund, Jaime, Arya, and Theon go out.
Okay, while I didn't predict Olenna dying last episode, she did die. And I'm just going to assume that Septa Unella is dead (since we haven't heard about her or seen her).

Ellaria's actress has stated that last night was her last episode, so I think it's safe to assume she'll be dead by the end of the series (when ice zombies attack King's Landing, I highly doubt anyone is going to remember to feed her in the dungeon).

flynnibus

Premium Member
I so wanted Jamie to whip out his sword and do some hacking at Lady Tyrell when she admitted she poisoned Joffrey. Given Jamie just laid into Cersi for NOT caring about the loss of the children... it seems rather conflicting that moment wasn't more powerful for Jamie.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And I don't get the whole 'House Targaryen' were rightful rulers schtick Danni is on.

1) Your house was overthrown... and was more than 2 blood lines ago since they were on the throne. It's over. It's a conquest now, not a restoration.
2) She is the last Targaryen... and she's pretty sure she's infertile. For what she knows... her blood line is DONE. No heirs can be made. I don't see Jon and her getting together ultimately.. and I don't see some rebirth of Targaryen blood and dragon control. So again, why the whole House thing??
3) The oaths sworn were all by generations that were all dead.. and have since had to realign multiple times. And here you come from over the sea, a generation later, and expect just on blood alone for people to take the knee? She's not that stupid...

These last two episodes of improbable victories against her allies/forces seems like a extremely forced 'rebalancing of power' to knock Danni down. She will no longer have an overwhelming number of foot forces.. and meanwhile the Lannisters have conveniently went from weakened and desperate for allies (Tyrell, Bolton, Freys) to somehow able to grow to full strength WITHOUT any allies.. or gold.

And what is up with Bran playing psycho now? Surely his visions and fading off has irk'd his companions over the trips.. but nothing before made him seem like stand-off twisted evil boy. Now even tho he sees all... he jerks his sister around vs being happy to see his blood for the first time in years? They don't even talk about Rickon? This plot line seems very underserved... hopefully they fix up Winterfell in the next episode.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
And I don't get the whole 'House Targaryen' were rightful rulers schtick Danni is on.

1) Your house was overthrown... and was more than 2 blood lines ago since they were on the throne. It's over. It's a conquest now, not a restoration.
2) She is the last Targaryen... and she's pretty sure she's infertile. For what she knows... her blood line is DONE. No heirs can be made. I don't see Jon and her getting together ultimately.. and I don't see some rebirth of Targaryen blood and dragon control. So again, why the whole House thing??
3) The oaths sworn were all by generations that were all dead.. and have since had to realign multiple times. And here you come from over the sea, a generation later, and expect just on blood alone for people to take the knee? She's not that stupid...

These last two episodes of improbable victories against her allies/forces seems like a extremely forced 'rebalancing of power' to knock Danni down. She will no longer have an overwhelming number of foot forces.. and meanwhile the Lannisters have conveniently went from weakened and desperate for allies (Tyrell, Bolton, Freys) to somehow able to grow to full strength WITHOUT any allies.. or gold.

And what is up with Bran playing psycho now? Surely his visions and fading off has irk'd his companions over the trips.. but nothing before made him seem like stand-off twisted evil boy. Now even tho he sees all... he jerks his sister around vs being happy to see his blood for the first time in years? They don't even talk about Rickon? This plot line seems very underserved... hopefully they fix up Winterfell in the next episode.
I'll start with Bran- the more I think about it, I think the kid's in major shock. He's got the horrors of hundreds (or thousands) or years in his head. We don't know how much of Sansa's torture Bran has witnessed, but it sounds like he saw enough of it. Ditto with Theon. Or Arya (getting beaten around by the Waif). He's probably seen Ned, Catelyn, Robb, and Rickon's deaths. He accidentally caused Hodor's death. Bran is finally at Winterfell, but the last time he saw it, it was essentially overrun by the Greyjoys, then the Boltons. While I still think that the choice of memory to tell Sansa about was really wrong (c'mon kid), Bran's going to be somewhat okay eventually. Maybe when Arya comes back (we saw those two interact for like 5 seconds more than Sansa & Bran).

But I agree with you about Dany. The Targaryens haven't been on the throne in maybe 17 or 18 years (at least in the books, idk how long it's been on the show). I really don't think that most people in Westeros have fond memories of her father. I just don't see thousands of people joining her cause, no matter how much better she would be at ruling than Cersei.

And that's another question I have- what is the line of succession here? Like you said, Dany is probably infertile, so the Targaryen future is questionable. But Cersei isn't exactly young either. If she was smart, she'd marry Euron in an instant to try to start having babies (though she'd also keep Jaime as a side piece). However, who is going to father the Lannister kids that need to happen for their hold on Casterly Rock? Jaime could if he wanted to (but he doesn't want to), so it looks like it could fall to Tyrion. Who is controlling Dorne?? Ellaria and the Sand Snakes wiped out the male Martell line, but surely there's a cousin, right? That's why Robert was chosen to be king- he had some Targaryen lineage, so there's got to be a 3rd cousin of the Martells somewhere in Dorne. I'd like an answer to the Frey madness too. Arya killed the male line, so who is running the Twins? And where the heck is Edmure??? Is he okay?

flynnibus

Premium Member
And that's another question I have- what is the line of succession here? Like you said, Dany is probably infertile, so the Targaryen future is questionable. But Cersei isn't exactly young either. If she was smart, she'd marry Euron in an instant to try to start having babies (though she'd also keep Jaime as a side piece). However, who is going to father the Lannister kids that need to happen for their hold on Casterly Rock? Jaime could if he wanted to (but he doesn't want to), so it looks like it could fall to Tyrion. Who is controlling Dorne?? Ellaria and the Sand Snakes wiped out the male Martell line, but surely there's a cousin, right? That's why Robert was chosen to be king- he had some Targaryen lineage, so there's got to be a 3rd cousin of the Martells somewhere in Dorne. I'd like an answer to the Frey madness too. Arya killed the male line, so who is running the Twins? And where the heck is Edmure??? Is he okay?

Yeah it was weird that they acknowledged the Frey wipeout.. but didn't say what was next.. especially since the Neck is so critical to the North vs South and desires for a combined 7 kingdoms. Riverlands also seems to be taboo to talk about.. tho it seems to be a time warp tunnel now :)

Given the real lack of coverage of Dorne in the TV show.. I doubt we'll hear much about it anymore. They skipped the whole prince plot line..

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Yeah it was weird that they acknowledged the Frey wipeout.. but didn't say what was next.. especially since the Neck is so critical to the North vs South and desires for a combined 7 kingdoms. Riverlands also seems to be taboo to talk about.. tho it seems to be a time warp tunnel now :)

Given the real lack of coverage of Dorne in the TV show.. I doubt we'll hear much about it anymore. They skipped the whole prince plot line..
I think that getting rid of Victarion, Aegon VI, and Quentyn was a wise move, but I hate that the show cut Arianne and essentially neutered Doran in terms of his of personality and goals.

misterID

I don't think Dany is infertile. And I'm convinced that not only does she and Jon hook up, but she has their kid, the third head of the dragon. And she probably dies in childbirth. She's in my death pool for next season.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don't think Dany is infertile. And I'm convinced that not only does she and Jon hook up, but she has their kid, the third head of the dragon. And she probably dies in childbirth. She's in my death pool for next season.

I agree with most of this. Although I don't think Dany's death scene will be in the next season. The ship seems likely because it ties-up loose ends. But because this isn't a Disney show with a fairytale ending there's bound to be some realizations that throw everything into chaos. I expect one of these three things: Dany dies, her baby die or it's discovered that Jon isn't a really a bast ard.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I really hope they don't just leave it like that, at least a reference in a later episode or something.
*Cersei is alone in the castle, pondering her life minutes before she dies* "Oh drat, nobody has fed Ellaria in months." *shrugs before Jaime stabs her in the back.*

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Potential spoiler warning for everyone:

Apparently some nefarious computer types stole the rest of the season from HBO. Move cautiously amongst the interwebs.
They're claiming to at least have the script for Episode 4. Between this and the Season 7 script leak that was on Reddit, HBO is really going to need to crack down on their cyber security.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Starting to think that GRRM had the right idea with writing the manuscripts on an ancient word processor. No one has hacked him yet, and he's using WordStar 4.0, on MS-DOS.

Granted, he also types with two fingers (why, George????) and is dragging the plot of his books to a snail's pace, but he does seem to have an unhackable computer.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Starting to think that GRRM had the right idea with writing the manuscripts on an ancient word processor. No one has hacked him yet, and he's using WordStar 4.0, on MS-DOS.

Granted, he also types with two fingers (why, George????) and is dragging the plot of his books to a snail's pace, but he does seem to have an unhackable computer.
I really think the TV show took away his drive to finish the books.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The actress who plays Melisadra has also said she will not be back until season 8 because she was 8-months pregnant during the filming of her two scenes. They brought her in just for the Dany/Jon meet up. They wanted her for more but she wasn't able to film more.

The_Jobu

I really think the TV show took away his drive to finish the books.

That's why he stepped away from the show last year. Then he said the book should be out 2017, and then this was his latest update last month:

And, yes, I know you all want to know about THE WINDS OF WINTER too. I've seen some truly weird reports about WOW on the internet of late, by 'journalists' who make their stories up out of whole cloth. I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages. Both 'reports' are equally false and equally moronic. I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
That's why he stepped away from the show last year. Then he said the book should be out 2017, and then this was his latest update last month:

And, yes, I know you all want to know about THE WINDS OF WINTER too. I've seen some truly weird reports about WOW on the internet of late, by 'journalists' who make their stories up out of whole cloth. I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages. Both 'reports' are equally false and equally moronic. I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream...

I think it's more than just a time management problem. Every author is different and he was never one to just plug away at the story. I don't think he handles pressure well and the anticipation added by all the new fans plus the comparisons to the tv show when it does come out. I wouldn't be surprised if he was blocked. Fire and Blood is probably much easier for him to write at the moment. I also noticed he said none of the series HBO is developing are based on works of his that he is still writing. He says he wants to finish the stories himself before they are adapted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom