Galaxy's Edge Specialty Sodas for Sale

WDW Pro

Original Poster
I imagine it's more to do with quality control than food safety. That and an effort to turn over inventory faster.

I don't think you can legally alter an expiration date on a food or beverage item in the United States. I'd need a photo before I'd believe they're selling expired sodas.

Animaniac93-98

I don't think you can legally alter an expiration date on a food or beverage item in the United States. I'd need a photo before I'd believe they're selling expired sodas.

I saw past dated yogurt for sale at the grocery store last week. I could see it happening with soda.

Some times people just don't check this stuff often enough.

TrainsOfDisney

Pop doesn’t expire that quickly...when did every food manufacturer decide to scam the American population with close in expiration dates?

It does. I used to work at a tourist attraction and we sold specialty aluminum bottles of coke. When you get large deliveries every month, you’d be surprised how often you get super close to the expiration date.

Diet Coke goes bad the quickest (as in people will taste it) - Dr. Pepper is the best at being able to be used long after it’s shelf life. (Syrups too.)

asianway

It does. I used to work at a tourist attraction and we sold specialty aluminum bottles of coke. When you get large deliveries every month, you’d be surprised how often you get super close to the expiration date.

Diet Coke goes bad the quickest (as in people will taste it) - Dr. Pepper is the best at being able to be used long after it’s shelf life. (Syrups too.)
I’ve had Diet Coke in my pantry two years and it’s fine. Root beer 4 years...

Jon81uk

Pop doesn’t expire that quickly...when did every food manufacturer decide to scam the American population with close in expiration dates?

Diet soda does have a short shelf life, full sugar lasts longer as the sugar acts as a natural preservative. For me, diet cola tastes "off" only a few months past the best before.

Jon81uk

I'd imagine they were manufactured based on expected demand that didn't materialize, so they shipped them to retail stores.

I would also assume that this isn't just Covid related and they weren't selling well anyway, likely due to the high prices. Disney should be selling enough that they don't get left with stock that only has weeks on the shelf life and the parks only closed just over a month ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom