Gainsville residents?

lamarvenoy

Right Right. G-town is Rock City!
I live in Venice, Fl. many of my friends have and or still do go to U of F. at G-town. been there many twisted x filled nights , skiing and listening to good hard punkbands play. I do love LTJ and there home town is G. But they are a lil' bit soft for me most of the time. could use less horns. Gainesville is a powerful place that could change your life,many people sleep through it as a "laidback college town" but it is a cool place if you know where to go. University of Florida could be renamed Punk Rock University if for no other reason than the number of Venice kids there.Venice is known for their Punks and scrappers. lots of shows hours away that we rule. to answer your questions... yeah its cool and I'm reading.

The Mom

Premium Member
Gainesville (U of Florida) is known as a "party" town/school...if not for the college, it would be a sleepy backwater. This is precisely why my daughter is NOT attending, even though she is eligible for a free ride! FSU (Florida State University) is a little better,(partywise) but not much! (she's not going there, either!);)

NowInc

Originally posted by The Mom
Gainesville (U of Florida) is known as a "party" town/school...if not for the college, it would be a sleepy backwater. This is precisely why my daughter is NOT attending, even though she is eligible for a free ride! FSU (Florida State University) is a little better,(partywise) but not much! (she's not going there, either!);)

Well..its FLORIDA...people think of our state as a vacation spot (even tho in reality...its just plain boring sometimes). when I was in college, no matter what part of FL you were in...you would party. UoF is quite the party school, but no offence to anyone who lives up there..but there is NOTHING ELSE.

Maria

When I was young and wanted to live and study abroad, my dad wanted me to study in Flagler College in Saint
Augustine, and even made me go with him to visit the school and dorms.

We love the city and the school was beautiful, but I refused, to my dad´s dissapointment.... sure the place was beautiful and all, but there was nothing to do there! I didn´t want to live in a tourist attraction and without public transportation and parking spots! The idea of riding my bike to everywhere was not very appealing to me...such a sporty woman! :rolleyes: :lol:

Maria

Originally posted by tenchu
They should build a university in WDW. I'd demand a transfer straight away!

There is Disney University, but you have to be a Cast member to attend its seminars.

DisJosh

U talking about Less Than Jake? I used to listen to them during my skater/punk/ska faze. lol :D

Now I'm in my metal/thrash/horror-punk/classic-punk faze. :D

Maria

Originally posted by tenchu

What do they teach there?

All kinds of stuff.... quality in service oriented curses, English, French, Portuguese, etc, Tourism, Computation, etc. They also give the trainnings for many positions. Those are some that I remember. There is always something going on.... :)

tenchu

Original Poster
Doesn't matter, I'm probably talking rubbish. I'm sure seaworld do something like that, when people who have graduated with sorta relevent degrees can get a job there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom