FYI: New Florida laws

disneytati

MKCustodial said:
Well, I'm gonna bow out of this one, folks. It's just too weird, and since I'm not American, maybe it's something in your culture or something.

I just thought it was funny to see this now, since we're about to hold a big national vote down here to decide whether or not people should be allowed to have guns. Those who are against the disarmament say the same thing that was said in that article, that people should have the right to protect their homes and families. Personally, I think violence attracts violence. I know that if the disarmament thing happens, the criminals and drug lords and what nots won't be affected, since they don't buy guns legally, but to me this thing affects the nuts who pull out their guns as soon as a fight starts, and usually it's a fight they provoked themselves.

I guess in this day and age, with everything that's happening world-wide and the way it's so difficult now to tell the white hats form the black hats, receiving this kind of OK from your government sounds pretty dangerous for you, Americans, and for us tourists in your country.

I agree, Rodrigo... And I think this national vote here won't change anything, since most people who have guns (criminals or nut guys who shoot people with no reason) buy them illegally. Here in Brazil, laws don't mean much, at least it's my impression... I am completely against guns, actually I am terrified of them. When I see a police officer here, I try not to stay next to him for a long time, because he has a gun. And some of them don't even know how to handle the gun very well, criminals shoot much better than policemen... Well, this Florida law frightens me. Thank God there's no such law here. Things are already out of control!!! Imagine if you could give this kind of excuse in court!

lamarvenoy

In New Orleans for several days there was a complete lack of ANY laws. For a short while anarchy was in effect and no one was there to enforce the laws. All of the anti-gun people would have wished they had a firearm in that situation.In N.O. it would be very easy to kill someone and just stash the body anywhere-weigh it down or let it float away. It would be very difficult to solve any crimes in that area and police will be overwhelmed for a very long time. It was a very bad place to be and I'm sure we won't here much about the bodies they find that were indeed murdered,I'm sure there are quite a few.Only an armed citizen is a deterent to an armed criminal.Those with guns ruled the streets whether they were good or bad people.In that situation which would you rather be armed or not?

disneytati

lamarvenoy said:
In New Orleans for several days there was a complete lack of ANY laws. For a short while anarchy was in effect and no one was there to enforce the laws. All of the anti-gun people would have wished they had a firearm in that situation.In N.O. it would be very easy to kill someone and just stash the body anywhere-weigh it down or let it float away. It would be very difficult to solve any crimes in that area and police will be overwhelmed for a very long time. It was a very bad place to be and I'm sure we won't here much about the bodies they find that were indeed murdered,I'm sure there are quite a few.Only an armed citizen is a deterent to an armed criminal.

Well, in some places here in Rio de Janeiro it is like this all the time... But only in the very poor neighborhoods, where drug dealers rule. Around the city, things seem to be under control. But many times police officers can't be trusted.

lamarvenoy said:
Those with guns ruled the streets whether they were good or bad people.In that situation which would you rather be armed or not?

That's exactly what's being discussed here right now, and we are having this big national vote this month.

lamarvenoy

I've been to Rio twice now and I've been through Columbia and Peru for a week at a time. While down there on buisness I always took the advice of my best friends dad(a lawyer and family friend)1.) always keep several hundred dollars in bribe money hidden well on your body 2.)If going out of the buisness district have a trusted armed bodyguard 3.) if you feel like you are in the wrong place-you are.Get out ASAP. Luckily I'm out of that buisness and international travel would only be for pleasure. I met alot of great people down there and will visit again someday. I never did get in trouble except a speeding ticket/payoff I had to make to a crooked cop,but its definately a different piece of earth.

disneytati

lamarvenoy said:
I've been to Rio twice now and I've been through Columbia and Peru for a week at a time. While down there on buisness I always took the advice of my best friends dad(a lawyer and family friend)1.) always keep several hundred dollars in bribe money hidden well on your body 2.)If going out of the buisness district have a trusted armed bodyguard 3.) if you feel like you are in the wrong place-you are.Get out ASAP. Luckily I'm out of that buisness and international travel would only be for pleasure. I met alot of great people down there and will visit again someday. I never did get in trouble except a speeding ticket/payoff I had to make to a crooked cop,but its definately a different piece of earth.

:lol: True about the bribe money!!! If you can bribe here, things get much easier for you! Specially if you are a foreigner and you bribe them in dollars. And yeah, you are right: the wrong place really looks like the wrong place, so there's no way to miss it. Nice to know you would come here again, though! :wave:

TchaikovskyVCID

Account Suspended
Okay, this debate and the points in it are all good 'n' plenty until you consider one thing. Florida is full of Republicans...

Oh man, am I gonna catch hell for that one.:lol:

disneytati

TchaikovskyVCID said:
Okay, this debate and the points in it are all good 'n' plenty until you consider one thing. Florida is full of Republicans...

Oh man, am I gonna catch hell for that one.:lol:

Sorry guys, but could you explain this to me? I don't know much about American politics, but I would like to. So, I know there are republicans and democrats, which seem to have opposite points of view. What's the difference between them? Here, we don't have such thing like: "I am a democrat/republican" So, how does it work?

wannab@dis

disneytati said:
Sorry guys, but could you explain this to me? I don't know much about American politics, but I would like to. So, I know there are republicans and democrats, which seem to have opposite points of view. What's the difference between them? Here, we don't have such thing like: "I am a democrat/republican" So, how does it work?

You may want to Google it since politics are not allowed on the board. :wave:

disneytati

wannab@dis said:
You may want to Google it since politics are not allowed on the board. :wave:

Ok, I'm sorry. I didn't know ti wasn't allowed, and it was posted... Yeah, i'll google it, because the topic interests me a lot. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom