FW07 - Peeps in Wonders! (and more)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okie, so i wandered over to wonders..

fw0701.jpg

And it looked empty.. sad :( But, look at all the stuff listed inside!

fw0702.jpg

How could people not be drawn to that?

Here's the layout map, overtop of the old pavilion map.

fw0704.jpg

And surprise surprise - there were people in wonders! Sadly, no broccoli mural though.

fw0703.jpg

Well duh - there's the reason, they're serving liquor.

fw0707.jpg

And talking about the joys of AKL Villas - in what might quite possibly be the worst placement of theming ever.

fw0708.jpg

But at least it has nice seating, for while they liquor you up and sell you DVC - one of us, one of us. Don't drink the kool-aid kiddos, though i must admit my room at BWV is nice.

fw0709.jpg

Where body wars queue used to be...

fw0706.jpg

And what used to be Cranium Command. See ya later General Knowledge!

fw0705.jpg

Other random Epcot pics in a few..

And btw: Wonders was busy! The lines for each of the shows about the start were insanely long and made it hard to navigate the area. Plus, there's some sort of film in the MoM theater.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Checked the original photo, the MoM theater houses "Gastronomy on the Screen"

That actually more yuckey then a film about reproduction in Epcot.

Off to the rest of Epcot - no progress on the Innoventions sign:

fw0710.jpg

Blue tile abatement is in full swing, this is near Art of Disney:

fw0711.jpg

SSE is getting more paint... purty..

fw0712.jpg

It's all retro swooshy.

fw0713.jpg

And finally, my fabu-tastic view at BWV's. I likie. I can see ToT clearly, the tip of BAH, and the water tower too.

fw0714.jpg

All for now, hope to see you all soon at Epcot 25.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Also - they're painting Fountainview pastel purple with some blue highlights. They're not done, but it looks.. different..

SirNim

The scene at the former WOL is bizarre. Almost ghostly... Its quasi-transformation and all...

And the painted swooshes along the SE entrance are wonderfully retro. They bear all the attributes of the 1980s aesthetic— bold colors, geometric patterns, so organic in their inherently inorganic nature. If... they... could... only... rip... out... those... Disneydendron Fuglyus... trees... from... the... planters... on... either... side... and... in... front... of... SE... before... Monday!...

Fun2BFree

I am so envious of all you guys attending Celebration 25.

I just want to murder you all... in a good way. :lookaroun :lol:

doop

Thanks for the pictures. From what I can see it looks like the paint job they're doing on SSE is going to look awesome.

OmegaKnight

All of the WoL pics make me happy and sad. I am happy to see all the people in there but I am sad to see how outdated the inside of the pavilion looks. That building really needs to go.

TheDisneyMagic

I can't quite tell form the pictures, obiously some props, paint/murals and signs have been removed but have the entrances two Cranium Command and Body Ward been walled off or is it still possible to see down the two corridors?

TOTGuy

It also appears that they painted over the body wars mural. Strangely enough they kept the Body Wars Sign...does that bode well for BW? I kinda want to go on that ride one more time. I haven't been on it in over 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom