Future World vs. Tommorowland

Which is better?

• Future World - Epcot

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Tommorowland - Magic Kingdom

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

jw24

They're both unique in their own way but I do agree they need some fixing. It's really hard to say which one is more "futuristic" because neither exactly fit that label very well. But in terms of attractions, hmm...I'd go with Future World. As much as I love Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, TTA and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Future World has the advantage of having more attractions in a bigger space plus they have my favorite Epcot attraction, Soarin'.

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
Tomorowland is disgusting and unorganized. The place is a filthy discussing wreck, at least it was when I was they're not to mention the worse bathrooms in Disney World. I went to that ice cream place and the place was filthy. I didn't even feel like I was at the Magic Kingdom. Plus the layout of Tomorowland is like a closet.
Wow. I guess I love Tommorowland so much, that I haven't noticed. I guess I'll have to look harder next time. :)

NeedMoreMickey

I think the way tech things are now a days there is no way WDW can keep ahead with real life. In the time it takes to plan and build something it is already out of date. I read some where FW was going to have more "green" in the future which if you think about it that could be the way of the future. As I said in another post some things at Disney are classic and some things are old, Tomorrowland Speedway is old and needs to be replaced. Nothing speed about those cars or waiting in the line to ride them, plus the smell and noise is awful. Would live to see Buzz upgraded to more of something like Toy Story.

Sneezy62

I never went to see Future world, should have, but didn't (until 2009 and I saw little to no futurism at all). I think most people today don't even recognize the theme of Tomorrowland. When I would go as a kid it was about the immediate future. "Tomorrow". It was like walking into the cover of a Popular Science/Mechanics magazine.

KIds had the experience of driving a "real" car, like they would be able to do "for real" in just a few short years. As a ten year old I found it to be a bit lame but my 7 year old brother loved it.

Cirlclevision was a new way to see a movie. Soarin' belonged in Tomorrowland in the 90's

Astronauts were flying to the moon and we all would...tomorrow!

Flying in jets would be the way we would all travel...tomorrow. This one even came true.

Our homes were showcased from the way our grandparents lived to the way we would live when we grew up.

There was even a new way to get around our neighborhood in the Peoplemover.

Personally I blame the Challenger accident and the 24 hour news cycle for the sudden social recoil from all things new and exciting. That sucked for Futureworld as well.

I voted for neither, they both make me a little ill if I think about the lost themes. That doesn't take away from some fun rides but that's all there are in either.

stargrl33

They both need some TLC but Future World seems to have a better overall theme. I just don't get Tomorrowland. What does Stitch have to do with anything? And the Monster's Laugh Floor? And Buzz Lightyear (although I do love it)?

sbkline

I think I like FutureWorld better, but as far as which one is more futuristic, I would say Tommorrowland, even if it is more "retro-futuristic" rather than actual futuristic. With FutureWorld, I don't see a whole lot of "future" about it. Spaceship Earth is more about the history of communication, and where we currently are, with a little bit of future at the end. Soarin' isn't about the future at all. It's just a simulation of a glider ride over California. Great ride, don't get me wrong, but not very futuristic. Living With the Land is more about current things they are doing with growing food and not very futuristic. Test Track really has nothing to do with the future either. Ellen's Energy Adventure has more to do with the past and present than it does with the future of energy. Mission Space would probably be the only ride that has to do with the future.

Nothing against any of these rides. Just that they aren't very futuristic.

Meredith

I love test track and haven't been on the new version of it yet, but that's all I like about future world. I chose Tommorowland because I like the rides, the atmosphere...........not so much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom