News Future World confirmed to be split into 3 neighborhoods

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tom’s mandate was update for today. That means the park he built is no longer, but there are interesting new things to come. Epcot Center had its time. The company has given a request to go in a new direction, and that’s what this new epcot will be. Do I wish they had kept EPCOT Center and updated? Yes. But that’s not the Disney company of right now. I’ll do a separate post with thoughts on the new direction. The new attractions will be of a quality that Tom is known for overseeing, however, which is top tier, even if it‘s not a redo of what used to be.

Welcome back

trainplane3

Tom’s mandate was update for today. That means the park he built is no longer, but there are interesting new things to come. Epcot Center had its time. The company has given a request to go in a new direction, and that’s what this new epcot will be. Do I wish they had kept EPCOT Center and updated? Yes. But that’s not the Disney company of right now. I’ll do a separate post with thoughts on the new direction. The new attractions will be of a quality that Tom is known for overseeing, however, which is top tier, even if it‘s not a redo of what used to be.
Interesting. I had a slight feeling that could've been the case but I don't have the knowledge you have. It was a surprise when this "kid" came out instead of Tom especially after hyping him up in 2017. If this Zach person can do a quality job then you won't hear any complaining from me. He certainly spouted off things we wanted to hear (ex. purple dragon).

brb1006

The Walt statue at Dreamer's Point.
EC1gMLlUUAAZhca.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I look forward to discovering, celebrating, and naturing in the appropriate neighborhoods. For god's sake, the former EPCOT Center is going to be a pointless, meandering, gobbledygookey mess for the foreseen future. Theme is irrelevant. At least use that freedom to come up with good names. I can't imagine the meeting where it was decided that the World xxxxxxxx naming template was a necessity...a rule that had to be followed. Maybe its to distract that a multi use corporate building and water maze are getting their own little posters and place in the pantheon of Epcot history along with actual WS pavilions and actual attractions.

Quoted so I could like this twice.

I’m quite curious about, but am uncertain that the World is ready for, how you will be “naturing” 🤩

doctornick

The new attractions will be of a quality that Tom is known for overseeing, however, which is top tier, even if it‘s not a redo of what used to be.

May be silly, but what "new attractions"? The Moana water maze is small, Rat is a clone, the festival center isn't an attraction. So, maybe GOTG and whatever shows up for Mary Poppins in UK? I guess the new films? Just seems like there isn't much actual there to be high quality unless there is stuff coming we don't know about.

eddie104

I like this new direction they are going with as it helps with issue the current Future World has with staying updated and also they can go all out with making sure every area is unique to its theme.

May be silly, but what "new attractions"? The Moana water maze is small, Rat is a clone, the festival center isn't an attraction. So, maybe GOTG and whatever shows up for Mary Poppins in UK? I guess the new films? Just seems like there isn't much actual there to be high quality unless there is stuff coming we don't know about.
I understand what your saying but adding attractions to this park wasn't going to solve it's glaring issues. Disney can easily add rides anytime but Epcot needed more than just some rides to help with its current dilemma.

Last edited:

GeneralKnowledge

The opening line of the release shows exactly how little they care or understand or think the fans care or understand about any of this....

“Walt Disney once said Epcot “would always be in a state of becoming” – it is a place that changes with the times.”

The Epcot he was referring to wasn’t the theme park. As we all know he was talking about his original concept. They’re basically using a misquote of Walt to half-assedly justify the creeping retheme/redirection of Epcot.

I don’t know about you all but at this point I wish they’d just end it already and just announce they’re going to rebuild the park from scratch. This slow, drawn out torturous murder of old Epcot is painful to witness. We all know what they’re doing. I wish they’d stop pretending they’re trying to respect the original vision of Epcot.

scottb411

A big part of the original plan for Epcot was experimenting with urban planning. I do believe that the new festival center is closer to the original vision with the natural park on the third level with the monorail nearby and the new gondolas being seen in the distance - another nod for urban planning for a new type of transportation at Disney World. The rendering of the festival center reminds me of the new apple store in downtown Chicago on a larger scale. I feel that the discovery and nature worlds names will eventually be a home for some type of integration with National Geographic down the road - that’s my opinion, not rumor. I’m glad to see all the additions and changes for Epcot. You can also look at UCF for Walt’s hub-and-spoke design for Epcot, the town of Celebration as a planned experimental community, and the Orange County Convention Center as a top-3 convention center in the US where companies like Microsoft are visiting annually to discuss future technologies so Walt’s vision is happening throughout the metro-Orlando area. Elements of the original plan for Epcot is being implemented but it is not confined to just the theme park.

articos

perhaps you're super-excited it's so immersive
No, I actually dislike it, and think it’s the opposite of what should have been done. I know the reasons they doing it. The new epcot will be very pretty, with some really fun new attractions/areas/retail/dining/night time show, but the redo destroys what made the park unique. It’s now going to be just another Disney Park.

Last edited:

articos

Not silly, it’s a legitimate concern. Moana isnt as small as it seems. You have the redo of SSE, the redo of MetLife which has multiple things inside, Guardians, which is an E ticket, Poppins (both what takes shape and environment), the new night shows and unannounced stuff on the boards. There‘s also Rat, new films and the festival pavilion, and new atmosphere and retail/dining. Taken as a whole, it’s a lot of work coming to epcot.

smile

No, I actually hate it, and think it’s the opposite of what should have been done. I know the reasons they doing it, though, it will be very pretty, with some really fun new attractions/areas/retail/dining/night time show, and it destroys what made the park unique. It’s now going to be just another Disney Park.

i'm so disappointed and exhausted regarding her current state i can't even hate
... yet i see many of the changes in the mist of the only emotion worse - and that's sad.

............. and for the money?!
😶

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom