Future of Great Movie Ride?

kucarachi

LOL for days. :)

Hmm, the GMR... I do love it, but I would like to see it completely re-vamped into a more immersive experience (and no Disney, I don't mean using Smart Phones or touch screens). I'd like to see Titanic added, as it's one of the top grossing movies of all time (maybe the kissing at the bow scene -- that could be spectacular, done correctly), also Star Wars (love the idea above about watching them in the Millenium Falcon, also scope to do something in the ice world, Hoth or even on the Death Star).

The guides always make me cringe, and some of the animatronics are just outdated and creepy -- I'd get rid of Tarzan and update Alien (but I'd keep it, it's genuinely scary), also update The Wizard of Oz and get rid of Footlight Magic, etc.

I just think it's a ride with SO much potential, but right now, it's become stale-dated. The movie at the end also needs a complete re-do.

Sounds like a good idea on titanic but im pretty sure disney would only stick with their studios pictures. You can bet your butt with the current success of the Avengers...you will be seeing them in some form and it would be absolutely amazing if they did it right. But star wars already has a ride and adding it the TGMR would overshadow some of the other movies that don't have those kind of special effects. It's a tribute to the hollywood of old and really not much they can do except maybe update the effects and storyline

CP_alum08

Original Poster
It's on the left wall, about 2-3 squares up from the bottom (aprox the middle of the room).
great_movie_ride_fun04_large.jpg
Thats so cool! and great shot of it too.

Stellajack

Premium Member
It's pretty good but add some token new scene(s) and some AA Compliance.

Oh, make sure the building can be seen too.

Definitely, move the hat! I love the Great Movie Ride and I realize that DHS is a salute to the Golden Age of Hollywood; however, I agree that this ride could be updated. There are still some great movies that could be included. Agree, too, that the CM's need to do a much better job on the tour. On our last visit, the microphone sound quality was terrible and the CM did not seem to care that her speech was garbled. If we had not done this attraction previously we would not have known what she was saying.

joanna71985

Definitely, move the hat! I love the Great Movie Ride and I realize that DHS is a salute to the Golden Age of Hollywood; however, I agree that this ride could be updated. There are still some great movies that could be included. Agree, too, that the CM's need to do a much better job on the tour. On our last visit, the microphone sound quality was terrible and the CM did not seem to care that her speech was garbled. If we had not done this attraction previously we would not have known what she was saying.

Mic problems is not the CM's fault though (there are some vehicles that have bad audio quality, and others that don't get along with some of the mics). Once the tour starts and if the mic starts acting up, there's not much you can do about it until the tour ends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom