Future of animatronics

td1129

Original Poster
For deliberately getting under people's skin, under the guise that you're simply here to profess everything you love about the wonderful magic of Disney. That's why you post in the News/Rumors forum. :rolleyes: You are, indeed, a very gifted "troll".

Time to reevaluate what it means to be a fan, as opposed to a junkie.

If liking Disney "gets under you skin" yet you frequent a site called wdwmagic, who has the problem?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This is a joke, right?

Despite the OP's typical posting, I did want to mention that the Yeti animatronic isn't the problem, its the structure holding it in place couldn't take the constant movement. They COULD still run the Yeti at full speed, but eventually the platform would break and possibly fall into other structures/trains along with it.

That's at least what I've gathered from hearing from others.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Despite the OP's typical posting, I did want to mention that the Yeti animatronic isn't the problem, its the structure holding it in place couldn't take the constant movement. They COULD still run the Yeti at full speed, but eventually the platform would break and possibly fall into other structures/trains along with it.

That's at least what I've gathered from hearing from others.
And they've had three plans of action to make him somewhat animated since 2007, none of which would involve closing the ride.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
And they've had three plans of action to make him somewhat animated since 2007, none of which would involve closing the ride.

So are they just sitting on those 3 plans, or have they been testing them? I mean it seems like things keep getting moved and changed, but no significant improvements

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So are they just sitting on those 3 plans, or have they been testing them? I mean it seems like things keep getting moved and changed, but no significant improvements
That would require them admitting that there were mistakes made. Disney is loathe to admit fault/guilt/mistakes.

Fable McCloud

For deliberately getting under people's skin, under the guise that you're simply here to profess everything you love about the wonderful magic of Disney. That's why you post in the News/Rumors forum. :rolleyes: You are, indeed, a very gifted "troll".

::hugsYeti::

Thank you for addressing the fact that trolling is unnecessary. I <3 you!

About the animatronics though...

I think with the advances in robotics technology that we've be seeing the animatroincs in the parks will only improve. They were a modern marvel when first introduced, and I have to say that maintenance aside :):coughdiscoyeticough::) they are still impressive. I remember being a little girl and seeing the Hall of Presidents on tv and thinking "wow, they look so real." When I saw them in person, and they stood up, gestured, winked, tapped their feet, and shifted their weight, I almost died. I think with the right Imagineer team, they can only get better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom