Future Fireworks!

FantasmicFan

Original Poster
What are the plans for the ending firework shows at WDW. Apparnatly Wishes to coming to an end at the end of August in Disneyland Paris, whats happening at Florida?

wannab@dis

I doubt it will be ending anytime soon. It's less than 2 years old and will probably be around for at least 4 or 5 years.

FantasmicFan

Original Poster
At Florida? Because I'm looking to go to Paris this Month and in the brouchure it does say that Wishes ends, end of August at Paris!

Thumper 32

Wishes ends in Paris at the end of August because they only have fireworks during peak seasons. It will most likely be back next summer.

At WDW, it will likely stay for a few more years, as wannab@dis said.

Epcot82Guy

RCMAN2001 said:
They're replacing Illuminations in 2007, BTW.

Where is your source on that? I've heard that there will/may be an upgrade/upgrades to the show but that it will be remaining fairly well intact. Afterall, it is still incredibly popular (and, IMHO, hands down the best Disney nighttime show ever - although I haven't seen Wishes yet).

1stStarIC2nite

I'd like Wishes to stay but I think it'd be kewl if it got some upgrades/improvements for next year. New projections, effects (including new Tink mechanism), and perimeter fireworks (make it more like Remember... Dreams Come True at Disneyland which is by FAR the best Disney fireworks show ever created) :D

dave2822

RCMAN2001 said:
They're replacing Illuminations in 2007, BTW.

Not confirmed yet, but if any show were to have a tweak or change to it in the near future, it would be the one that makes the most sense, for EPCOT's 25th.

But again, nothing set in stone.

DisneyPants

I know that AK is still fairly new but lets not forget that it has no nighttime attraction either...as AK keeps building and spreading theyre going to eventually begin to stay open later just like the other kingdoms and they will eventually need some sort of nightcap for the families spending their day there...any ideas of what it might be?

dave2822

DisneyPants said:
I know that AK is still fairly new but lets not forget that it has no nighttime attraction either...as AK keeps building and spreading theyre going to eventually begin to stay open later just like the other kingdoms and they will eventually need some sort of nightcap for the families spending their day there...any ideas of what it might be?

Remember that the main reason there is no nighttime spectacular is because the pyrotechnics scare the animals. In fact, the main reason the park closes early is because the attractions with live animals must shut down before dusk, thus closing more than half of AK as it is.

As many have discussed, with EE should come the later hours, the full service dining, perhaps more additions, and even a (quiet) nighttime event. An electrical water pageant or parade comes to mind as a possiblity.

DisneyPants

i definately wouldnt suggest another fireworks show...i think that two shows is perfect, perhaps something completely innovative like Fantasmic was for MGM...i really have no clue what they could do but i would love to hear some ideas

wdwcp2000

These are some great ideas. I worked at DAK when I was at CP and loved the fact that we closed early. Some of my friends at MK worked till 2 or 3am! When is there time to party!?! There could be a "tree of life tuck in" or something. There are very few animals in that area.

dave2822 said:
Remember that the main reason there is no nighttime spectacular is because the pyrotechnics scare the animals. In fact, the main reason the park closes early is because the attractions with live animals must shut down before dusk, thus closing more than half of AK as it is.

As many have discussed, with EE should come the later hours, the full service dining, perhaps more additions, and even a (quiet) nighttime event. An electrical water pageant or parade comes to mind as a possiblity.

1stStarIC2nite

I definately think AK could benefit from a nighttime spectacular. It could be more water, fire, and laser based (similar to Fantasmic). As far as pyrotechnics, they can just use the quiet, low level "comet" type fireworks if they want. The potential for the music would be amazing as well and they could incorprate the Tree of Life, Circle of Life, and Transformation (from Brother Bear) themes. It would also be kewl if they had projections on Expedition: Everest during the show. :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just look at DisneySea for night time shows on water with `quiet` pyro; DisneySea Symphony is awesome!

WDWCP

Epcot82Guy said:
Where is your source on that? I've heard that there will/may be an upgrade/upgrades to the show but that it will be remaining fairly well intact. Afterall, it is still incredibly popular (and, IMHO, hands down the best Disney nighttime show ever - although I haven't seen Wishes yet).

Personally, I miss the Illuminations 25 show. It was fairly short-lived, but I thought it had the best musical score by FAR...

stitchcastle

Wishes I think is the best fireworks show that ever was. Reflections of Earth is a very close second and Remember would be a third (it's basically Wishes on steroids and themed to Disneyland, plus it doesn't flow together as well as Wishes and Wishes is much more emotional than Remember).

Animal Kingdom needs a Nighttime Show, they could have it be in Discovery River and use the concept for Downtown Disney's proposed Lake Show, "Noah's Ark".

Anyway, I hope Wishes stays for a long time. Maybe a few upgrades here and there but keep it the way it is it's simple yet very emotional. As long as they keep the core message and not rub it too much in our faces then i'm happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom