Fussy children at WDW? Heaven forbid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixieintraining

Q: Iam spending my honeymoon at WDW and would like to know where I can take my wife for a quiet, romantic dinner, with no "overstimulated" cranky children......

A: JAMAICA! Sandals resorts are couples only!

(ummmm....can I post a possibly controversial topic here?) Too often lately I have heard and read questions and comments similar to this (not necessarily in this exact forum). It has become my pet peeve! On my last visit to WDW as we were leaving AK on a bus a very young little girl (maybe 3) had a complete meltdown. She screamed at the top of her lungs the entire ride to the Poly. Several of the other riders became horribly rude and voiced their dismay. The mother was in tears and trying anything to quiet her child. The worst of the firing squad was a woman (maybe in her 50's) who had no children with her. She was downright ugly to this poor young mom. When we reached the Poly and the family got off, the bus erupted in applause! UNBELIEVABLE! And frankly, disgusting!

Why would anybody who was sensitive to other peoples children go to a place like WDW? Would you go on a romantic date to a "G" rated movie? I doubt it!

Honeymooners ask these questions regularly...about privacy and quiet and romance. Never have I seen a response that says "go someplace else!", its the same over and over......

To the parents of these "overstimulated" children....

"1. DON'T take a tired, cranky or "overstimulated" child to a restaurant. Remember others have paid the same amount of money as you and would like to enjoy their meals without fussy children around!" I also read a comment that suggested WDW have an "adult hour" to be observed in all sit-down restaurants. HA!

OK....so you get rid of all the families with tired children at dinner. Im sure the higher powers at Disney would be thrilled with the revenues from that venture! But then again I guess they could just cut down the restaurant staff to one cook and one waitress and get rid of the characters all together. And hey it would probably only require one restaurant in the entire place to serve the masses that travel there without children.

"2. DON'T take tired, fussy or "overstimulated" children on the Disney transportation systems. If you are travelling with young children you should seriously consider renting a car! Remember others have paid the same amount, yadda, yadda, yadda!"

I travel with my children and last I checked I was the "majority". If tired, fussy children offend you.....you rent a car!

"3. Same comments have been applied to attraction lines, parade viewing and even resort pools!" And ALWAYS with this rediculous comment about someone paying the same amount as me. Hmmmmm......A couple travelling alone, no children vs. my family of five, 2 hotel rooms, 5 plane tickets, meals, snacks, souveneirs, park hoppers, souveniers, souveniers, and more souveniers (you know how kids are!)....I feel pretty confident that my donation to WDW was ASTRNOMICALLY higher. And IF they paid the same amount as me to go to a place made for children and families with children and still got upset about normal child behavior then they have noone to blame but themselves!

I honestly believe that ANYONE who loves Disney should be there. I cant imagine how romantic it would be to be married there in Cinderella fashion. I plan on visiting WDW even after my children are all grown up. But I will always know and accept that this is a place where children are abundant, even fussy, cranky, hyper and overstimulated ones (and I wouldnt want it any other way!).

Soooo, if you are sensitive to children, please dont go and be ugly! Hawaii is beautiful!

mrtoad

cnfdrate1 said:
Mr. Toad, just who the HELL do you think you are telling me not to have children. Actually, I can't have them...my wife would...this whole uterus thing...

You who apparently thinks you are a paragon of child behavior and parenting knowledge...let me tell you....it is annoying when kids scream...your kids...anyone's kids....it is annoying....it is NOT, REPEAT NOT music to anyone's ears.

So by virtue of the fact that I find screaming annoying...I shouldn't have kids....

GROW UP!

KIDS are annoying when they scream....CASE CLOSED...

YESSSSSS...there may be a reason other than the kid being a "bratty" pain in the butt...but that doesn't change the objective fact that the high pitched whine of a child sends cold shivers down people's backs...

You may be super dad and can sit back and say "my kid's crying doesn't annoy me"....well great for you....you're a liar....but that is ok...

And if YOUR kid's crying doesn't annoy you....can you say that about everyone's kids...does no crying annoy you? or just your kids? How about your kid's crying to other people? I guarantee you that your kids catterwauling would annoy me....and it would probably annoy most normal people. Its all a matter of respect Mr. Toad, and it boils down to this...

IF YOUR KID IS SCREAMING...YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM. YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE KID WHO IS BEING LOUD AND DISTURBING PEOPLE...SO YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT...if you sit there like a goon and do nothing...then you need to have more respect.

However, this often becomes moot because....I DON"T GIVE A CRAP IF YOUR KID IS SCREAMING...i'll just smile and offer assistance...NOT A CONDESCENDING SMILE...AN UNDERSTANDING SMILE.

SO, honestly Mr. Toad, I think its just great if you want to let your kids scream and holler and throw fits and whatever...that is terrific...

BUT WHY NOT TAKE A DOSE OF YOU OWN MEDICINE...

and don't judge me and my parenting ability....or my ability to raise children...or whether or not i should have them...that's between me and my wife. And if some time in the future, you see us in Disney...WHEN we have children...stop by and say hello....WE'LL BE THE ONES WHO HAVE WELL MANNERED AND POLITE CHILDREN...NOT RUDE, CRYING, LOUD MOUTHED BRATS.

Look, first I never said someone should sit and let a kid cry and do nothing. My problem with you and people like you is that you find it annoying when a kid cries. Well what if you were out somewhere and you slip and fall and break your leg. So if you lying in the ground wailing, am I and others just think to ourselves "wow, that guy is amazingly annoying"?

Kids cry get over it.

And I am trully sorry you can not have kids because someday you might change you horrible attitude about kids. So I hope the doctors can do something for you if you attitude changes.

But I stand by my words that if you have that attitude about kids, right now you should not have any.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I hope everyone can agree to disagree and attempt to understand where others are coming from (which most of you do very well, otherwise I would have closed this thread ages ago), I'm going to have to close the thread now before things escalate. Hope everyone understands. :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom