Funtastic World of Hanna Barbara Ride??

VinnieG

Original Poster
It has been about 3 years since I been to Universal Studios and decided to get a brochure from them & got it in the mail today.I noticed on one of the brochures is a map for IOA & Universal Studios and on the Universal Studios I did not see the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbara.Has this ride been closed or was it just not on the map.Just want to know it was one of my favorite rides.:(

The_CEO

Maybe yoy mean you saw Suess Landings.. There is nothing else like your talking about.. But.. Yeah they did close some kind of monorail ride in S.L.

~ Just In...

woofboy111

the monorail in suess landings was never opened. I know they were planning on closing the hanna barberra ride, but I don't think it's closed yet. This weekend I'll confirm this (the last time:(, my annual pass is expiring:( )

Rider

No... no... NO!

He is talking about the kid's motion ride at the Studios.

Its still there now but they are planning to take it out and replace it with a new ride very soon.

To clarify:

1-Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera will be closed (don't know when) and replaced with "Jimmy Neutron Adventures"

2-Across the street from Hanna-Barbera, the Alfred Hitchcock attraction will also close to make way for Shrek 3D, a muppets style 3D theater attraction.

Both are expected to close by the fall and reopen next year by the spring or summer.

MKCustodial

Nice move Universal... Take out Hana-Barbera, take out Kong. There's already no Ghostbusters... Keep going and I can eliminate a park from my visits. Seriously, I don't know where they think they're going with all this! :brick: How long do they think Bob Sponge and Jimmy Neutron are gonna be around? :hurl: As long as Yogi and the gang, the Flintstones and Scooby-Doo? You don't have to be a rocjet engineer to figure this one out...

WDWFREAK53

I TOTALLY AGREE...I mean, I do like Spongebob...but come on...THEY ARE FADS!!! Just like REN AND STIMPY!!! WHERE ARE THEY NOW??? Scooby and gy and Yogi and Booboo...Jetsons, Flintstones...kids today KNOW these characters...do you think that kids 5-10-15-20 years down the road will know who Arnold is??? or Jimmy Neutron???

WDWFREAK53

Oh yeah...one more thing...when do we get a He-Man attraction??? PLEASE SOMEBODY WHO HAS SOME AUTHORITY READ THIS!!! HE-MAN HE-MAN HE-MAN...TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS...THUNDERCATS THUNDERCATS THUNDERCATS...SMURFS SMURFS SMURFS...

Somebody build a POP CULTURE THEME PARK!!!

wbboy29

The Hannah Barbera closer has been coming for a while now. The problem is, Universal never owned the rights to The Barbera gang, Warner Brothers does. Infact The gift shop at the exit of the ride was not run or owned by Universal it was owned and run under the Warner Brothers Studio Store's ownership. I used to be a manager for the Studio Stores and almost transfered down to the Hannah store a couple years back. But as some of you may know when AOL bought out Time Warner they closed down all of the Warner Brothers stores. The last few closed up at the end of October last year. So, as you can see, with all the stores being shut down and the Hannah Barbera stuff and store being owned by AOL-Time Warner it was inevitable that the Barbera ride and store would be closed as well. So, its wasn't Universal's decision or choice to close the ride. It was either replace it or have another empty building sitting on a busy walk way in their park. All though I too would like to see something other than the Jimmy Neutron ride, they needed something quikly along the same lines of what they already had there to replace it. Well, I hope this helps clear up some of the issues behind the Barbera removal. If you have any other questions just ask, hopefully I or someone else can answer them for you.

disney_nutter

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Oh yeah...one more thing...when do we get a He-Man attraction??? PLEASE SOMEBODY WHO HAS SOME AUTHORITY READ THIS!!! HE-MAN HE-MAN HE-MAN...TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS...THUNDERCATS THUNDERCATS THUNDERCATS...SMURFS SMURFS SMURFS...

i grew up with all them shows.

woofboy111

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Nice move Universal... Take out Hana-Barbera, take out Kong. There's already no Ghostbusters...

Actually, there are ghostbusters. Universal added a ghost busters street show that involves beetlejuice recently since the beetlejuice show is being redone.

Luau Cove

Jimmy Neutron to replace something as classic as the Hanna-Barbera bunch of cartoons? *Scoffs* I hope this is a rumour. Peopel love that ride, which is usually riden when you enter the park to start a nice day with the family. Suppose they MUST replace Hanna-Barbera...Universal owns thousands of rights of better stuff than Jimmy Neutron to create a new simulation ride. I don't understand why they have that idea of replacing cartoons for cartoons, while they can use anything the please.
About SHREK...I don't mind, Hitchcock is one of my favorite directors but it isn't attractive in a park. I saw it twice and that was it, no need to come back.

-->LUAU

woofboy111

From what I understood, Nickelodeon has been bugging universal to have more in the park. Jimmy Neutron was their answer. Maybe they could actually give tours of their studios, even if they are empty, and that could count as something. What nickelodean shortened their attraction down to now is such a waste of time.

I heard that Universal will be keeping part of hitchcock. The part of the ride that houses the movie screen will be made into shrek, and the part where they show you how hitchcock did his special effects will stay and become a combined giftshop for the two attractions.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

And don't forget Silverhawks, GI Joe, TMNT...

Seriously, it IS a good idea! The 80's are back full force, they should try to acquire some sort of deal... Besides Dragonball Crap and those dreadful animes, anything is better than what Nickelodeon has to offer... :hurl:
They could even use Woody! Wat's his attraction anyways?:confused:

woofboy111

Originally posted by MKCustodial

And don't forget Silverhawks, GI Joe, TMNT...

Seriously, it IS a good idea! The 80's are back full force, they should try to acquire some sort of deal... Besides Dragonball Crap and those dreadful animes, anything is better than what Nickelodeon has to offer... :hurl:
They could even use Woody! Wat's his attraction anyways?:confused:

Woody has Woody Woodpecker's nuthouse coaster in kidzone section of the park.

Tron

In a way I don't mourn the loss of Hanna Barbara. Don't get me wrong -- I love the characters and all, but I've always thought they deserved far better than that ride. It's really not even a ride! Half of the characters aren't even in the thing. Hanna Barbara deserves it's own land, with each property getting its own devoted attraction -- instead of piling them all into one crappy show.
On the flipside, the Jimmy Neutron idea stinks. Nobody even remembers that movie, and it just came out like six months ago.

And they best leave their hands off of Alfred Hitchcock. It's bad enough they got rid of the Psycho house....

WDWFREAK53

I do agree that Anime's are NOT that good...but you gotta give one of them some props...VOLTRON!

But think about it...a GI Joe Action ride like Dinosaur
M.A.S.K. Flying attraction (could fly in the red car)
He-Man show like Poseidon's Fury
Transformers "Transforming" ride...like, your cars could change into robots and fight off Megatron and the Decepticons

Soooo many ideas out there!

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Tron
Hanna Barbara deserves it's own land, with each property getting its own devoted attraction

If only Universal knew they were going to built IoA later, they would have include all the Hanna-Barbera characters in Toon Island instead of some extinguished toons to overpopulate the area. Don't get me wrong, I love the place, but I prefer Yogui Bear to comic strips.

-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom