Funny story about broken ticket machines in epcot

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I was at Epcot a couple of months ago and put my ticket into the machine. It went through like it was nothing. Then, when my girlfriend put hers in, the machine broke and spat out her ticket. Shortly after, all of them started to break! It was like a wave of destruction starting from my girlfriend's ticket going outwards in both directions. It got to the point where they had managers literally running to get what they called "crash kits"! By this time, I'm sitting on the other side of the fence dying. It was the funniest thing I've seen! It was like an E.R.! People were running back and forth like someone was dying, all while peoples' groups had been split up with half in and half out. It was like something out of Berlin in the 1980's: people were standing with their loved ones but were separated by a wall. I felt like I should try to sneak some contraband to the outsiders! After about 10 minutes of broken machines they were getting ready to start letting guests in by writing on their passes and putting stamps on the their hands (brings back memories). Then, all of a sudden, the machines just started to work again. So, my girlfriend then got in with no problem and we chatted with the extra cast members they called over to help. They were nothing but apologetic and were kind of taken aback by how funny we both thought the entire situation was.
Not perfect, but cleaner.

DaddyDisneyMan

In an attempt to clean this mess up, I started to edit this...then my head exploded.

I was at Epcot a couple months ago, put my ticket into the machine and it went through like it was nothing. Then my girlfriend put her ticket in the machine, it broke and spat out her ticket. Shortly, all of them started to break, it was like a wave of destruction from my girlfriend’s ticket. outward in both directions it got to the point where they had managers literally running to get what they called crash kits by this time im sitting on the other side of the fence dying it was the funniest thing ive seen it was like an ER people were running back and forth like someone was dying all while people's group had been split up with half in half out it was like something out of berlin in the 1980's people were standing with their loved ones but were separated by a wall i felt like i should try to seek some contraband to the outsiders after about 10 mins of broken machines they were getting ready to start letting guests in by writing on their passes and with a stamp on the their hand (brings back memories) then all of a sudden the machines just started to work again so my gf then got in with no problem and we chatted with the extra cms they called over to help and they were nothing but apologetic and were kind of taken aback by how funny we both thought the entire situation was.

So I rewrote it and got this...

I was at Epcot a couple months ago.

Nemo14

In an attempt to clean this mess up, I started to edit this...then my head exploded.

I was at Epcot a couple months ago, put my ticket into the machine and it went through like it was nothing. Then my girlfriend put her ticket in the machine, it broke and spat out her ticket. Shortly, all of them started to break, it was like a wave of destruction from my girlfriend’s ticket. outward in both directions it got to the point where they had managers literally running to get what they called crash kits by this time im sitting on the other side of the fence dying it was the funniest thing ive seen it was like an ER people were running back and forth like someone was dying all while people's group had been split up with half in half out it was like something out of berlin in the 1980's people were standing with their loved ones but were separated by a wall i felt like i should try to seek some contraband to the outsiders after about 10 mins of broken machines they were getting ready to start letting guests in by writing on their passes and with a stamp on the their hand (brings back memories) then all of a sudden the machines just started to work again so my gf then got in with no problem and we chatted with the extra cms they called over to help and they were nothing but apologetic and were kind of taken aback by how funny we both thought the entire situation was.

So I rewrote it and got this...

I was at Epcot a couple months ago.

much better!

Californian Elitist

Some of us don't want our heads and eyes to hurt when we're reading. There's nothing wrong with grammar correction here and there, especially if it's seriously needed like the OP's post.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Bummer. A pretty amusing post goes down hill without the aid of a reply post from Patrica Melton.
Just seems wrong now, doesn't it? ;)

SAV

I don't see what the big deal is about the original post and no punctuation in it at all I just kept reading and reading it and really didn't notice that there wasn't any punctuation in it either I certainly don't see it as a major deal like many of the rest of you do it was a funny story regardless of punctuation or not and if you turn it upside down the apostrophe is kinda like a comma so it wasn't devoid of all punctuation I hope everyone has a magical day

Jo DeVil

I don't have a problem with the grammar but more with the History! If they are all going to pick on your lack of punctuation, I can't resist mentioning the little fact that the Berlin wall was built in 1961 and came down in 1989. Apart from that I have seen that happen and yes it is very funny. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom