Funny Experiences........

tigsmom

Took my 6 yr old nephew on his first trip to WDW. There was this very thin and severe looking CM at the HM. Her face could have stopped a clock! (What character!) Well this litte guy puts on a face to match. Everyone is hysterical. He mimics her word for word!! Finally she couldn't take it anymore and she goes nose to nose with him, but he never cracked. We saw her on the way out and she just turned and walked away!(but she was smiling!!!)

all_good_chic

Remember those days where you would run to Space Mountain? Well my dad never quite got over them being cancelled. So one trip we are both waiting behind the rope to tomorrow land when the morning welcome comes over the loud speaker... My dad thinks this is his queue to start speed walking over to Space Mountain so he hops the rope and starts going. The cast member has to chase him down and explain that the park has not opened yet and it was just the opening welcome. OMG it was so embarrassing.

Mr. Toad

A long time ago (maybe late 70's) we were checking in to the Poly. My dad and cousin are working with a CM named Robert and he is looking to get two connecting lagoon view rooms for us but is having difficulty. Robert says he will be right back and goes into the back. Well they stand there waiting and waiting for Robert to come back as they watch other people check in and go on their way. Finally, my dad flags down someone else behind the desk as they are coming out from the back and asks if they had seen Robert. They look at my dad and cousin and say "Robert went on lunch break 10 minutes ago. Is there something I can help you with?" Needless to say my dad and cousin were not pleased. We got the rooms we wanted very quickly at that point.

So here is the funny part. The next year when we go back down to WDW we decide to go visit Discovery Island (at the time the hottest place in WDW I think). As we are walking along the trails we stop to see one of the bird exhibits where there is a CM showing off the birds. And who was the CM? Robert! My dad was tempted to ask him if he had a good lunch. We came to the conclusion that Robert must have been marooned on the island while going to check on the status of our rooms and still had not managed to get off. We still laugh about the Robert incident to this day.

MouseMadness

I do have one funny story (to me, anyway). On our trip in 2000, my kids were playing in those areas in Epcot where the water just shoots out of the ground. Well, my middle one - who was three at the time - was "tempting the fates" by sticking her tush out over the openings in the ground when the water would go away. So, of course, the last time she did it - HUGE stream of water went right up the shorts!! I gasped, only because I thought she would be soooo upset... but she was laughing hysterically! Then we were all doubled over. One of my favorite memories!!:)

RU42

I am going to answer with a general thought, I love watching people. Sometimes that is better then the rides. There are 2 types that are my favorite.

The Lost: The spin in circles not knowing what to do or where to go. (Before you ask, yes I usually help them.)

The Clueless: The ones who think they know everything but are wrong. I just love to hear them spin their tales and chuckle.

Then there is the snipets of conversations you catch from time to time. I can't remember whos signature has the comment about the blue car at Epcot, but that is what I am talking about.

RU

MouseMadness

Originally posted by RU42
I am going to answer with a general thought, I love watching people. Sometimes that is better then the rides. There are 2 types that are my favorite.

The Lost: The spin in circles not knowing what to do or where to go. (Before you ask, yes I usually help them.)

RU
I know what you mean!! The people who are standing with one hand holding a map... and the other scratching their heads!! I remember that first trip... I love that we've been there enough that we just head through the gates, bypass all those people grabbing maps and go to our favorite things.

NowInc

Aside from the numerous times I have walked into Trees at Disney...

I am also prone to falling down stairs....people say its funny..so does that count?

RU42

I don't know how funny it would be for you, but for the others it probably is funny (as long as you are not hurt.)

And the comment about people walking into trees. I have sent people walk into everything; trees, poles, rides, horses, characters, etc.

When I see that I think of Stripes 'Corporal, have a detail remove that.'

RU

gjpjtj

Originally posted by NowInc
Aside from the numerous times I have walked into Trees at Disney...

I am also prone to falling down stairs....people say its funny..so does that count?

You made me laugh......:lol: :lol:

jenjie

Originally posted by RU42
And the comment about people walking into trees. I have sent people walk into everything; trees, poles, rides, horses, characters, etc.
RU

Maybe you saw me? I have a habit of running into EVERYTHING! :lol:

~Jen

Gideon

Experience with Chip and Dale

About 3 weeks ago, I took my son to Magic Kingdom for a father son day. I decided to wear my new Lord of the Rings T-Shirt that says "Frodo Lives" on the front. I also had on my necklace that has a replica of the One Ring of Power. Well, on the ferry across the seven seas lagoon to the Magic Kingdom, I felt this large tap on my shoulder. Chip and Dale were both standing behind me clapping and jumping up and down in appreciation of my shirt.

I then decided to show them my necklace, and they both went nuts (no pun intended). The best part was watching Dale try to put the Ring on his big paw.

It was really nice to receive this little bit of extra attention before we were even in the park, proper. It was a great and funny way to start a great day.

Also, for the rest of the day, I was met with many nods and compliments on the shirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom