Fun Money Saving for Disney

Iteachwood

I will build my own Money Box every year out of Pine( woodworking teacher) and decorate it with all things Disney, including pics of our resort, rides etc and the date of our trip. We would fill it with ALL our lose change, I personally will put in all single dollar bills and fives. sometimes ill slip folded envelopes in it with kids names on them and fill with cash ( mystery until they open it at airport).....Then the day before the trip we will have our Grand Opening and bring the change to bank, pour it into counter and see numbers go up and up. Then come back home and count the bills. Its truly an event. Last summer came out to $685.....all extra for our trip. What are some things you do.

Pippa

I put £1 in a saving jar each week, sometimes more to go toward Duty Free perfume at the airport. Thankfully living on my own has taught me to budget and I know if I spend needlessly I can't go to WDW. And I know which I prefer!!!

Upvote 0

disneylemons

I have almost $500 in Disney Rewards from my Visa and going to start rolling my change out of the 2 coffee cans today...:) should be a nice little chunk I hope!

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

Lots of good ideas here. Some of them we use as well. I do have a question for those who have bought the Disney gift cards at their local stores as a way to put money away...I have always worried that I'd buy a bunch of them, and for some reason, when I got there, the gift cards wouldn't have been activated or whatever. Has anyone ever had any problems with this? There's a Walgreen's a few blocks from our house, and I could easily pop in there weekly and grab one.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Lots of good ideas here. Some of them we use as well. I do have a question for those who have bought the Disney gift cards at their local stores as a way to put money away...I have always worried that I'd buy a bunch of them, and for some reason, when I got there, the gift cards wouldn't have been activated or whatever. Has anyone ever had any problems with this? There's a Walgreen's a few blocks from our house, and I could easily pop in there weekly and grab one.
I had close to $600 in cards in January - all $25's and $50's. Got them all at Giant Eagle grocery store. I didn't use them at the parks but to pay for a trip. Didn't have any problems at all. Then I bought $200 more to use for spending money (all $25 cards) and used them all with no problems. And that was just this week.

Upvote 0

WDW2010

I have almost $500 in Disney Rewards from my Visa and going to start rolling my change out of the 2 coffee cans today...:) should be a nice little chunk I hope!

How do you feel about the Disney Visa card? How does it exactly work anyhow, I was thinking about getting one but I'm not sure on whether I should or not.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

I buy Disney gift cards to stash away whenever I can....Walgreens has Disney Gift Cards which you can load from $15 to $500.

Yes, we pick up a card every two weeks from Kroger or Walgreens...50 dollars each time..it does add up! Change in a jar for gas money (which will not be enough, due to prices..so will obtain a pre-pay visa for this)...almost have resort bill paid off..THIS will be the biggest blessing to have done! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom