Fulton's Crabhouse

CAPTAIN HOOK

The Unofficial Guide To WDW gives it an overall rating of "3 1/2" out of a possible 5 and rates the price as "Expensive" with a value rating of "Somewhat Overpriced"
The "food philosophy" is one of "get 'em in / get 'em out" volume feeding.

Upvote 0

PuertoRekinSam

I don't care for them much at all.

I mean honestly how can you have a crab house that does not serve Maryland/Baltimore style Crabs or Crabcakes?
It's a sin I tell you, a sin!

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

We ate there in December and I had the BEST crab legs. They were huge. My husband had the surf and turf and he said it was very good. I do remember it being $$ but worth it.

Upvote 0

crazyquackers

Skip It

I went there with my wife ONCE. We were staying at Dixie Landings and took the boat from there to downtown disney, which was nice in itself, and I figured this would be a very romantic meal. The atmosphere was enjoyable enough, of course, but my wife ordered the Australian lobstaer tails for $45, and it turned out to be two tiny tails. That seemed a bit steep to me, even at the absurd price-to-quality ratio of disney resorts.

Upvote 0

EchoOfOphelia

I really like that place, we've gone there the last two trips we've made to Disney. Its just nice to eat a good restaurant instead of all the quick service stuff. It can be a little pricey, but isn't all good seafood? Try the New England Clam Chowder soup, its to die for!

Upvote 0

Ultra Magnus

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
what is fulton's crabhouse like.
the atmosphere looks sweet, but what about the food and service, etc.

Ever since my family and I gazed upon the Empress Lily all lit up in all its splendour, there was always the intention to eat there some day (well, gotta have at least ONE expensive meal per holiday :slurp: ). We finally went there last year.

The service there was attentive, but seemed to lack that little bit extra that makes it stand out from Disney staff (dunno, maybe deep down I like to be EXTRA-pampered by Disney :lol: ). We ordered two "Meal for Two"s, which were quite generous. However, I got the feeling you paid the price for the ambience of dark wood interiors, not really for the quality of the food. I could point out that the Boston Lobster House on I-Drive has an All-you-can-eat lobster buffet for about $30...

In my opinion, I think the Crab House is one of those things that you go to to say that you've been to it, much like Planet Hollywood and the Hard Rock. I agree with Captain Hook that it is slightly overpriced, but then that's my two cents :)

Whatever you choose, I hope you have an enjoyable dinner nonetheless!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I agree with most of the postings on here so far. I have been there twice so far and I certainly would have no problem going back as the food is really impressive. So are the prices. This is something to consider. An average meal there will run you 40-50 dollars a person without drinking!!! I think that the website WWW.WDWIG.com has a menu for this restaurant, however I Am not sure how up to date it is. Good luck whichever you decide. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom