Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

Phonedave

And you wouldnt believe the amount of arranged test... results. People aren't going to pay, plan etc and then get a silly + test result back...and NOT even be sick. thats why the pre testing is dumb...its always been dumb and thankfully most dont do it now...DCL is in the Stone Age with this. People are going to protect their vacation...and its set up thats its ok to cheat. Personally, I am vaccinated...I had to be due to my job...so NO, its not an issue for me..I dont have to be tested...but neither should anyone else at this point. Its just dumb...and again, achieving a negative test is easy...

That is part of what is overall wrong. There is no such thing as a "silly +" result. If you are sick, then keep yourself off a cruise ship. That should really be the case. "People are going to protect their vacation" is just an other way of saying "people would rather get other people who also paid and planned just as much for their vacation sick, than stay home because they are sick". And I am not just talking about COVID. If people are really sick, then they should stay home. But nope, people will get on a ship, and get everybody else sick because they are more important than the 2,000 other people on the ship.

But this is what we deal with, and this is why we have things like testing.

I'll put my soapbox away now.

Last edited:

goalman43

What are the odds Disney changes again by next Sunday? At least maybe to a do it yourself test, without the proctoring. We are so not concerned about Covid but the test and possible refusal of boarding is stressing me to the moon. I also don't get why the Magic is so far back. We are doing a British Isles cruise and none of our ports have any restrictions. It's idiotic.

wannabeBelle

What are the odds Disney changes again by next Sunday? At least maybe to a do it yourself test, without the proctoring. We are so not concerned about Covid but the test and possible refusal of boarding is stressing me to the moon. I also don't get why the Magic is so far back. We are doing a British Isles cruise and none of our ports have any restrictions. It's idiotic.
I'm not holding out much hope for a change in the date, since it has already been announced. Sorry! Marie

Phonedave

I get it, I was on a Celebrity cruise in July. It was supposed to happen in July 2020, and then again in July 2021, and as we got closer, stress levels were getting up there. So much so that when we had to test on a Friday, and had a headache on Wed, we tested just to be sure.

When all 4 people who were going passed our tests on Friday AM, that was when we were all like "this is finally happening"

wannabeBelle

I for one, am just grateful that they did away with the testing at the port. THAT to me was the most stressful thing ever. I realize this was probably the best way to do it but what happens if you test positive? You couldnt board, couldnt go home ( unless you drove to the port in your own car) etc. so that was by far more stressful than taking a test at home and if it is positive at least you are home and can deal with the cancellation from there. I couldnt imagine not being allowed to board and having to deal with quarantine as well. Any of the cruises (Celebrity Cruises) I took did require a test but it was done by my house. Marie

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I get it, I was on a Celebrity cruise in July. It was supposed to happen in July 2020, and then again in July 2021, and as we got closer, stress levels were getting up there. So much so that when we had to test on a Friday, and had a headache on Wed, we tested just to be sure.

When all 4 people who were going passed our tests on Friday AM, that was when we were all like "this is finally happening"
We had a 2020 Europe trip that moved to 2021 and then 2022. Finally happened. But we spent a week in Paris, then a few days in Barcelona, then a cruise. It was definitely stressful traveling around Europe hoping to somehow avoid COVID. We definitely masked more than we otherwise would have. Once we tested negative, I felt like I could finally breathe.

It was stressful but worth it. Glad we didn’t delay another year.

Phonedave

We had a 2020 Europe trip that moved to 2021 and then 2022. Finally happened. But we spent a week in Paris, then a few days in Barcelona, then a cruise. It was definitely stressful traveling around Europe hoping to somehow avoid COVID. We definitely masked more than we otherwise would have. Once we tested negative, I felt like I could finally breathe.

It was stressful but worth it. Glad we didn’t delay another year.

My wife's best friend's husband died two weeks before our cruise, and the wake and funeral was the weekend before - we had to go, and pretty much for the full duration. We both wore masks, but the whole thing added to the stress as well.

TrainsOfDisney

I for one, am just grateful that they did away with the testing at the port. THAT to me was the most stressful thing ever. I realize this was probably the best way to do it but what happens if you test positive? You couldnt board, couldnt go home ( unless you drove to the port in your own car) etc. so that was by far more stressful than taking a test at home and if it is positive at least you are home and can deal with the cancellation from there.
Unless the cruise is the only part, or very beginning of your vacation you’ll be in the same situation most likely.

Ideally both would be an option. I think free tests at the terminal should be an option. It would have saved me money, time, and the hassle of finding a place while on vacation.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Update on vaccine requirements -

Beginning October 14, 2022: COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Requirements

(Disney Wish, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder)

This policy will apply to Disney Magic sailings beginning November 7, 2022.

Guests ages 12 and older

Full vaccination not required but highly recommended

• Testing for fully vaccinated Guests not required
    • To be exempt from testing requirements, fully vaccinated Guests must upload their proof of vaccination to the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.
  • Testing for unvaccinated Guests required
    • Unvaccinated Guests must provide results of a COVID-19 test taken 1 to 2 days before sail date. The test may be an observed antigen test through a proctored telehealth service with digital results. A rapid or lab-based PCR test, or Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) are also acceptable.
Guests ages 5 to 11

• Testing for fully vaccinated Guests not required
    • To be exempt from testing requirements, fully vaccinated Guests must upload their proof of vaccination to the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.
  • Testing for unvaccinated Guests required
    • Unvaccinated Guests must provide results of a COVID-19 test taken 1 to 2 days before sail date. The test may be an observed antigen test through a proctored telehealth service with digital results. A rapid or lab-based PCR test, or Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) are also acceptable
Guests ages 4 and younger

• Testing not required

wannabeBelle

I just got this notice on this a little while ago. This is awesome to hear. Small steps but we are slowly getting back to normal. I still think that the testing may be dropping soon as well.
And for Canada:

COVID-19 border measures end on October 1, 2022​

Starting October 1, 2022, all COVID-19 border requirements, including vaccination, mandatory use of ArriveCAN, and any testing and quarantine/isolation requirements will end for all travellers entering Canada whether by land, air or sea.

Until then, find out if you can enter Canada and use ArriveCAN before you enter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom