Full POV video ride through of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

RandySavage

Color me impressed.
-The indoor and outdoor detailing is astounding.
-Seems a little zippier/thrilling than I was expecting.
-When first announced, I imagined they would transplant the simple-motion figures throughout, so these projection AAs far exceeded my expectations. The mine scene looks to work really well (I like the alarm thing).
-I think it was smart, economical choice to obscure the cottage scene with its older, recycled figures.
-I really like appearance by the witch at the end... it's a cool 'after-credits' moment.

Like many here, I've got a couple of my own personal nitpicks, but for a D-ticket, child-accessible Fantasyland coaster it looks (from the vids) like a home-run to me. Congrats to those involved in making it.

Will be nice to get some rider reviews and to actually experience it, of course.

wdrive

Looks amazing!! We were there last two years ago and all it was, was steel beams! The imagineers are amazing....we were supposed to go this very week and as some of you know, it got postponed cause' my heart surgery back in December....however, were about a yr away from coming back to WDW strong and ready to experience all of new fantasyland!! With it not open yet, im glad we weren't able to come this week. we would of missed it!!

You think it's good that it 'only' took two years to build? I've never known a ride to take so long to build.

nc_disneyfreak

You think it's good that it 'only' took two years to build? I've never known a ride to take so long to build.
yeah actually I do. Considering the amount of work that was being done for New Fantasyland, I think its good timing. the imagineers in charge of all this had many different fronts going on all at once. From Be our guest restaurant, the little mermaid ride, not to mention the whole storybook circus (twin dumbos, train station, etc) oh and the the mine train. then throw in building from the ground up, filing permits, excavation for the mine train....so "only" two years? sounds good to me

disney4life2008

I have to admit - the inside looks visually stunning. The rest of the ride though looks kind of boring but hey it will give me the thrill I need before I get on space mountain where the real action is.

landauh

The original hunted mansion in DLR took longer. The extra time it took to finish may be due to changing the AAs used and the added technology push to get them to work correctly.

hpyhnt 1000

Nitpicking and gripes aside (of which there are a few) its a nice little ride with some above par theming and a nice dose of moderate thrill. It will probably be a crowd pleaser and, in that regard, it should achieve what it set out to do.

landauh

I have to admit - the inside looks visually stunning. The rest of the ride though looks kind of boring but hey it will give me the thrill I need before I get on space mountain where the real action is.
You do know that SM is the slowest coaster in the MK, even slower than Barnstormer and the TTA.

cw1982

I know my small children would have preferred it if the ride ended happily ever after. My 5 year old probably won't ride it once she hears about the witch. She still won't ride the Little Mermaid.

Not saying rides should be made to appeal to my timid five year old. Just saying that if this ride was designed to appeal to small children, they probably missed the mark in my household. I image a witchless ending would have appealed to that demo a lot more than the current one.

Cover her eyes... lol. That way, the last thing she'll see is Snow White dancing with the dwarfs ;)

sloppy.joey

I think it's the perfect compliment to Matterhorn at Disneyland, to compare the two tracks are 2:07 and 2:26. The animatronics on SDMT are of very well done and it looks aesthetically pleasing. Great fantasyland coaster!

Captain Chaos

No, there was surely a level of trolling there. I have to believe that. I refuse to debate this... it's purely silly and just out there. Like rides HAVE to tell the entire story of a movie... You simply cannot believe that. Like every movie ends with a happy note. Han Solo is left in carbonite in the greatest of all SW flicks...

It ends with the classic STINGER, that just about EVERYONE here wanted, and you say it's NOT AN ENDING over and over... that seems to be trolling a bit to me. no?
I'll agree with you on this... I don't look at 7D at retelling the Snow White story, or else it would have been another Snow White ride... While it is, it also isn't... This is about the 7D... Story: 7D are mining, you take a ride through their mine watching them mine diamonds... You then pass their cottage as they are done for the day, seeing them dance with Snow White... Boom, story over... So, the old hag/witch is looking in.. Big deal... Chick is just a voyeur who loves watching grown women dance around with 7 little men... WOOO HOO!!! :)

doctornick

SM max speed is 27mph.
Barnstormer is 28 mph.
TTA is 35 mph.

If by TTA, you mean "Tommorrowland Transit Authority" then that is absolutely not correct. It travels at about 7 mph. I mean, if it were going 35 mph how you possible board it when it is in motion?

Agree, however, with the general sentiment that Space Mtn is slow for a coaster -- the ride's impact is made because of the dark and not being able to predict what is next.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The foggy window effect is fine with me. The being in the back and missing most of the show is not and I hope they can fix it.

This is more a byproduct of trying to ahoot video out in daylight looking into a window.

Walk outside your house and try to shoot video looking into a room darker than the daylight...

You will see it better in person as your eyes iris' function better than a digital sensor and they can boost the light level depending on the time of day in the cottage if it's a problem

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Mine Ride took about 30 months to build an is about average for WDW in recent years:

WDW
Attraction Start End Duration (months)

BatB/Little Mermaid Section of FLE 2/10/2010 12/6/2012 34
Storybook Circus 2/11/2011 9/30/2012 19
Mine Ride 10/1/2011 4/30/2014 30
Tangled Restrooms 5/10/2011 3/8/2013 22
Expedition Everest 7/1/2003 4/7/2006 33
Mission:Space 3/29/2000 10/10/2003 43
Test Track 1/2/1996 3/17/1999 38
Test Track Presented by Chevrolet 4/15/2012 12/6/2012 8
Toy Story Mania 11/18/2006 5/31/2008 18

LithiumBill

I know my small children would have preferred it if the ride ended happily ever after. My 5 year old probably won't ride it once she hears about the witch. She still won't ride the Little Mermaid.

Not saying rides should be made to appeal to my timid five year old. Just saying that if this ride was designed to appeal to small children, they probably missed the mark in my household. I image a witchless ending would have appealed to that demo a lot more than the current one.
I'm sure then that she would not have ridden the original ride then, that scared the heck out of my 5 year old.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Mine Ride took about 30 months to build an is about average for WDW in recent years:

WDW
Attraction Start End Duration (months)

BatB/Little Mermaid Section of FLE 2/10/2010 12/6/2012 34
Storybook Circus 2/11/2011 9/30/2012 19
Mine Ride 10/1/2011 4/30/2014 30
Tangled Restrooms 5/10/2011 3/8/2013 22
Expedition Everest 7/1/2003 4/7/2006 33
Mission:Space 3/29/2000 10/10/2003 43
Test Track 1/2/1996 3/17/1999 38
Test Track Presented by Chevrolet 4/15/2012 12/6/2012 8
Toy Story Mania 11/18/2006 5/31/2008 18
Good stuff. 22 months for bathrooms!!!!!

When you consider this ride only took 8 months longer than the Tangled Toilets it was really built fast:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom