Fuel Rod Portable charging batteries available now at WDW kiosks

AshaNeOmah

Realistically, how difficult would it be for someone to decide to leave their phones in their hotel room and remain electronics-free throughout a day in the parks?
Really easy, if you're ok with snack carts. My parents just came back and hated online ordering for counter service. Otherwise, they never use their phones.

Mat Cauthon

Really easy, if you're ok with snack carts. My parents just came back and hated online ordering for counter service. Otherwise, they never use their phones.
To each their own but our family of 5 loved the mobile order capabilities at counter service for our trip in May. Placed our order to Contempo Cafe while riding monorail or walking back to the resort and told the app we were there as we pulled into terminal or walked into the lobby. Order was usually ready for pickup right as we got there and we would take it back to the room to eat and relax. Saved us quite a bit of time we thought.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some locations are only allowing mobile ordering. You'd need to find a cast member who could assist you with making a mobile order as the registers are not staffed.

Which, honesty, smacks like one of the most customer-UNfriendly things TDO could do. There should always be a CM available to take orders. Screw this “everything must be done in the app” diktat. It’s called “Customer service” - Remember what that means.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Some locations are only allowing mobile ordering. You'd need to find a cast member who could assist you with making a mobile order as the registers are not staffed.
When we were there in Jan/Feb of this year, we were told at least one register would be staffed but we found this to rarely be the case in the parks. I can't comment about the resorts as we stayed off property.

ImperfectPixie

Which, honesty, smacks like one of the most customer-UNfriendly things TDO could do. There should always be a CM available to take orders. Screw this “everything must be done in the app” diktat. It’s called “Customer service” - Remember what that means.
The current leadership seems to have forgotten that the parks and resorts built their reputation through excellent customer service.

castlecake2.0

Realistically, how difficult would it be for someone to decide to leave their phones in their hotel room and remain electronics-free throughout a day in the parks?
I did this at epcot the other day as my phone died as soon as I entered the park, and I survived. There’s tip boards for wait times around the park and I was able to get a 1pm boarding group for Ratatouille with help at a guest experience podium by The Seas. This was before Genie+ though. I’m not sure how you would be able to use that service without a phone, would be a question for GR. However I usually just enjoy wandering the park and see what I come across and I was able to do that just fine with no phone.

Goofyernmost

When people get home and their friends ask what they saw on their trip. They can just reply that it was great fun and for some reason everything there looked just like my iPhone. Hopefully someone in their group will have been looking at there screen while taking pictures so they can share it with their group organizer.

Goofyernmost

It would be easy to leave their phones in their rooms, it would be incredibly difficult to actually see anything without it because everything would be in standby and meals would be counter service.

WDWFanRay

It doesn’t escape me that Disney’s solution to Genie’s eating up your battery power is to charge you even more money for a battery charger. So $15 to ride an attraction and $30 to keep your phone powered up. How does Mickey keep slipping his hands in our pockets so easy, with those big gloves on? 😀

ImperfectPixie

It doesn’t escape me that Disney’s solution to Genie’s eating up your battery power is to charge you even more money for a battery charger. So $15 to ride an attraction and $30 to keep your phone powered up. How does Mickey keep slipping his hands in our pockets so easy, with those big gloves on? 😀
Because a large number of guests have shown them repeatedly that they don't care if Disney robs them blind. This is why whenever there's a new upcharge, a lot of people here freak out. Everyone buying that new upcharge encourages the pickpocketing.

Notes from Neverland

Any location will help you order at a register upon request.
This is what Disney states, but in practice it is simply not true as some locations do not have cast members in place to assist. Just last week we spotted numerous quick serve locations where no cast members were to be found except for those serving food behind the counter. It was about 50-50 if we saw a cast member anywhere besides behind the counter, which is who you would go to for assistance. Maybe it's a staffing issue, maybe it's a decision to cut down on labor in favor of mobile ordering.

One example is Yorkshire County Fish Shop at Epcot that had a mobile ordering sign posted outside and no cast members to be seen outside the building. The only cast members there were inside the window serving food. One gentleman asked at the window to order and they directed him to the app. He turned away and ordered on his phone, but a guest without a phone would need to track someone down as no other cast members were in the area.

MrPromey

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom