Ft.wilderness closure

Bolt

A million dollars in damage really doesn't sound like that much in the grand scheme of things. There's a million trees with cabins tucked all around them I imagine, like all the other cities in Florida, wind knocked some down onto roofs and caused major damage. It's why they evacuate that resort.

jrlang1

I was staying at FWC during a hurricane (i forgot the storms name). Just before it hit they moved us to a pair of rooms at Port Orleans and it took almost a week to re open and we moved back in our camper. This was before the Kudzu removal. there were a ton of downed trees that were already overloaded with the vines. I bet another large number of those pines were lost and the first priority are the parks and hotels that make more money.

Our first night back they gave each site a s'more kit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One of the click-bait sites that posts Disney 'news' showed up on my FB feed tonight saying that the campgrounds are permanently closing due to the $1m+ damage.. the article was 1 sentence long and said 'stay tuned for more info'.. and there are no sources cited.. there couldn't be any truth to that, could there be?
There's too many kids on the internet now making things up.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
One of the click-bait sites that posts Disney 'news' showed up on my FB feed tonight saying that the campgrounds are permanently closing due to the $1m+ damage.. the article was 1 sentence long and said 'stay tuned for more info'.. and there are no sources cited.. there couldn't be any truth to that, could there be?
Absolutely no chance it is permanently closing. They just have a lot of landscape damage that is going to take a few days to sort out.

I have no idea what the cost is, but does anyone really think $1million repair costs would close down a resort that is generating that type of income in a single day?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I just heard the same rumor from a cast member friend, though he presented it as rumor only and not as fact. He's not a senior executive or anything but he's many levels higher than "front line ride operator."

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I have no idea what the cost is, but does anyone really think $1million repair costs would close down a resort that is generating that type of income in a single day?
Of course not, the $1 million thing is 100% fake. The only sliver of truth I could see that would make Ft. Wilderness close would be something along the lines of "the hurricane jacked up the trailers (cabins) so badly that Disney decided it's not safe to allow guests to stay there in the future."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Of course not, the $1 million thing is 100% fake. The only sliver of truth I could see that would make Ft. Wilderness close would be something along the lines of "the hurricane jacked up the trailers (cabins) so badly that Disney decided it's not safe to allow guests to stay there in the future."
Given its money making abilities, I would bet that Disney would be prepared to pay whatever it takes to get the place back running.

jt04

No chance it closes. Minimal overhead to operate (well on a Disney scale anyway),.

I am only surprised they haven't built a second campground on property.

ABQ

Hoop de Doo is the best thing on property! They better get up and running! STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE :p
Heck yeah! I have December reservations myself.
24_Hoop.jpg

asianway

Given its money making abilities, I would bet that Disney would be prepared to pay whatever it takes to get the place back running.
today yes. I would wager money that within 20 years the Fort is redeveloped as it no longer represents the best use of the prime real estate it sits on.

When that day comes, it will be very sad.

ELG13

Original Poster
An African themed campground near AK would be cool.
Oh that would be awesome! We went glamping in those big safari type tents...it was AMAZING! I would totally stay in one of those again...put it on Disney property and it would be the most beautiful thing!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom