Ft. Wilderness Cabin Stay Horror

DWFEVR

Original Poster
OMG...found out what LCS means? This is how a Christian School acts...so sad! Again Thanks to Rob we looked up the calendar for 2016 Dec. 3-6. Everyone needs to stay away from the campgrounds that weekend.

Rob562

Thank you Rob for the link. That explains everything. Thank heavens we left before the real party began. We just saw the "pre"party. If we go back next year we are going to be sure this thing is not happening. Do you think the people in reservations would know in advance when this thing happens? That explains why they couldn't find anyplace for us. It wasn't like we had only a day or two left. They had to find a space for us for 5 additional days. Do you know what LCS means? Thanks again.

According to the logo on the pdf, its Lighthouse Christian School. A quick search for a matching logo (since there are multiple schools by that name around the country ) is the one located in Pompano Beach.

-Rob

BuddyThomas

Spin the wheel and you lost. No hotel or resort can be held responsible for rowdy guests. The rowdy guest are there to entertain them selves and quiet probably isn't high on the list. I don't exactly know what they were doing but I understand the situation.

I had I problem like this where I lived. I was the youngest person on my street, single and on the look out for women. I had a nice place for entertaining so that is what I did trying to entice young women to parties. I had one neighbor who came over every time I had people over since the crowd was friendly. He came over with a big tumbler of scotch and talked to people until his scotch was gone then he said good night. He loved us. He was also like 80 years old. Another guy and his wife hated us. Probably more like 70's. They called security a few times and they even had decibel meters out one night, there was some noise limit at a certain amount of feet, blah blah blah. Short answer is I have the right to do whatever within limits and I was under those limits. One day that guy really got on my nerves so we had a little a talk. I said "I know you are here to die and you want to die in peace and quiet. I am single looking for a woman, possibly a wife, I will not be anti social, I will not be quiet. Who do you think is going to win this? I can keep this up 24 X 7, I can also ramp it up if you want to play?" Last time I ever talked to him or saw him. Problem solved then in a couple of years I moved.

The lesson to be learned is people are at different parts of their lives and what you think is horrible behavior may just be your opinion. I have outdoorsy kids and same with many of my neighbors, I live in a kids neighbor. Once in a while we get an older person who moves in and complains about blah blah blah. There are reasonable complaints like we had a kid who got a trail bike for a present then drove at 60 miles and hour down the street. Some one else got to him before I did because that is unsafe, problem over in 6 hours at most, it's not a free for all going on. Same with some outdoor furniture moving around to places it shouldn't be. We tracked the offenders down pretty quick. That stuff happens no matter who or what the parents are doing. Give a 16 year old a golf cart and he will not drive it like a 40 year old. We had one of those incidents as well, neighborhood kid liked to take his friends on rides in dads golf cart, dad fine with this. Then DA's roll the golf cart destroying roof and some fiberglass. Offender and buddies are now pretty much indenture servants until said damage is paid for. LOL.

Life doesn't always work out like you think it should move on.
Hurray! This was exactly the wacky kind of post I was looking for today. Thanks for the laughs, although I doubt the couple in their 70's who you condemned to death while you look for a woman found it so amusing.

Sans Souci

Pah! I am the great Cornholio, I need teepee for my bunghole! Nothing's going to stop me on my Jesus-stickered golf cart to find women for make bunghole-time!

image.jpeg

bugsbunny

I use to go during the 1st week of December and had numerous run ins with the Pop Warner crowd at my hotel with similar, but even worse results. I complained to Disney and they would compensate me, but that was after the fact my vacation was ruined.

I started going the 2nd week of December and had the misfortune of having the 2 remaining teams at my hotel. It went real sour about 1am when I had to call 911 to get any response out of WDW. The kids were urinating in the stairwells and the ice machine, throwing trashcans on the roof, running up and down the halls and banging on everybody's doors, etc. Called the front desk 3 times and nothing happened. Called one last time and said Im calling 911. I could hear them freaking out and telling me not to as I hung up on them. It was 1am by this point. The Sheriffs Dept and Security finally showed up and said at this point it was pointless to throw them out since they were all suppose to leave the next morning. Complained to Disney Corporate and got my room comped and 3 4 day hopper passes for my troubles.

I had another time I stayed at Caribbean Beach and just about everything in the room was broken. The ceiling fan hummed so loud you couldnt hear TV. The toilet was unbolted from the floor and they had to pull it and reseat it. I plugged my phone charger in and when I unplugged it the entire electrical box came out of the wall. The fridge died on the first day and spoiled the food we had in there. And our door wouldn't shut and lock. They couldn't get us another preferred room and were working on getting us to another hotel. They ended up compensating us for the trip and a return trip.

So if was me, I'd complain to Disney. While I fully realize I'm not the only one on vacation and there's other people there, the difference is that you hold Disney to a higher standard and don't expect high stress levels while there on vacation, especially at the premiums they are charging for accommodations.

bugsbunny

When I talked with All Star manager, he had his assistant write everything down I said they were doing as if to document it, but obviously not do much about it but CYA.. He was like "What can I do for you to make this better?" I told him I didn't want anything other than when I call Security, I be taken seriously and Disney DO something about it.

I told him to go verify my claims and see I wasn't over reacting. He hopped in a golf cart and drove off. Comes back about 10 minutes later shaking his head. He sent like 5 people out there to bleach the stairwells and every ice machine. Said they get the trash off the roof as soon as they could get a crew up there. He apologized profusely and gave me a $100 gift card on the spot and refunded the rest of my hotel bill.

R W B

So if was me, I'd complain to Disney. While I fully realize I'm not the only one on vacation and there's other people there, the difference is that you hold Disney to a higher standard and don't expect high stress levels while there on vacation, especially at the premiums they are charging for accommodations.
This is pretty much how I feel. For the prices they charge and you pay you expect a certain level of service and they just live up to that.

It's like when buying a car. I expect the show room to be niceer at the BMW/Audi dealer then at the Kia/Hyundia dealers. I expect better service when I'm looking to buy a $75k car over a $25k car. I expect better service when I'm paying $350+/nt for a Disney resort over $89/nt at the Hampton Inn down the street.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom