Ft. Wilderness Cabin Stay Horror

DWFEVR

Original Poster
This was our fourth time staying at FW cabins and loved them every time...except this one. When we checked in we were given a renovated cabin in the 2600 loop. It was very nice compared to the older version. We were the last cabin towards the exit of the loop. The first night we thought it was kind of odd that there were about 4-5 younger kids (elementary/middle school age) riding scooters, etc around the exit at 11:00pm but kind of put it out of our minds. The next day we were at Epcot and didn't get back until much later. The following day when we returned from the Kingdom we noticed a few more kids hanging out around the exit. They were coming from farther back in the loop and swinging around the curve by our cabin. We then noticed a sign by the entrance that read Disney Fellowship. Stupid us thought it was going to be a church group. Boy were we wrong. By Friday afternoon when we returned to the cabin, we were the only ones that weren't part of the "block party." There must have been 50+ kids doing whatever and where ever they wanted to ride their toys. Driving their golf carts, speeding around the corner. And what were the parents doing...partying. We tried driving around the loop like you're suppose to do in our golf cart...the kids had no regard for anyone. There was a DJ station with 6 foot speakers, large BBQ grills, Xmas blow ups, they had TP'd at least 2 cabins and trees, some one had sneaked a small dog in, parents parked in the street with their carts so you couldn't get around them. Whoever had stayed at the cabin beside us had broken a mirror and trashed the room. I felt so sorry for the housekeeping. We have a new car and our nightmare was that some kid or parent was going to run into it. So we went to the front desk and spoke with a CM named Fran who was fantastic. She had no idea what was happening and on a really busy weekend found us another cabin for 4 days (yes, we were suppose to have stayed a week). We were given another cabin in the 2300 loop..much quieter but now we know why no one was staying there. You opened the door & it smelled like wet gym socks that someone had left in there for months. So back up to talk to Fran. The nighttime manager was to meet us back at the cabin. Joel did not BS us and told us the place would have to be totally cleaned - carpets, etc. He tried everything he could to accommodate us somewhere else in the kingdom but by that time it was 8:00 and we would have to pack the car again etc. When your packed to stay at a place with a kitchen you don't want a room. Anyway went back up and decided to come home (only a 2 hour drive). Fran actually came back out from behind and told us how sorry she was. We had another kind CM named Rosa who helped us cancel all our remaining reservations. Sorry this was so long but it's sad that there are so many inconsiderate people in the world and then everyone wonders where the kids get their manners from??? So thanks to these Fellowship People who ruined which would have been a wonderful Disney Christmas trip. I'm not faulting Disney I'm faulting the horrible people in the 2600 loop and their kids. Thanks guys for letting me vent.

misterID

This was our fourth time staying at FW cabins and loved them every time...except this one. When we checked in we were given a renovated cabin in the 2600 loop. It was very nice compared to the older version. We were the last cabin towards the exit of the loop. The first night we thought it was kind of odd that there were about 4-5 younger kids (elementary/middle school age) riding scooters, etc around the exit at 11:00pm but kind of put it out of our minds. The next day we were at Epcot and didn't get back until much later. The following day when we returned from the Kingdom we noticed a few more kids hanging out around the exit. They were coming from farther back in the loop and swinging around the curve by our cabin. We then noticed a sign by the entrance that read Disney Fellowship. Stupid us thought it was going to be a church group. Boy were we wrong. By Friday afternoon when we returned to the cabin, we were the only ones that weren't part of the "block party." There must have been 50+ kids doing whatever and where ever they wanted to ride their toys. Driving their golf carts, speeding around the corner. And what were the parents doing...partying. We tried driving around the loop like you're suppose to do in our golf cart...the kids had no regard for anyone. There was a DJ station with 6 foot speakers, large BBQ grills, Xmas blow ups, they had TP'd at least 2 cabins and trees, some one had sneaked a small dog in, parents parked in the street with their carts so you couldn't get around them. Whoever had stayed at the cabin beside us had broken a mirror and trashed the room. I felt so sorry for the housekeeping. We have a new car and our nightmare was that some kid or parent was going to run into it. So we went to the front desk and spoke with a CM named Fran who was fantastic. She had no idea what was happening and on a really busy weekend found us another cabin for 4 days (yes, we were suppose to have stayed a week). We were given another cabin in the 2300 loop..much quieter but now we know why no one was staying there. You opened the door & it smelled like wet gym socks that someone had left in there for months. So back up to talk to Fran. The nighttime manager was to meet us back at the cabin. Joel did not BS us and told us the place would have to be totally cleaned - carpets, etc. He tried everything he could to accommodate us somewhere else in the kingdom but by that time it was 8:00 and we would have to pack the car again etc. When your packed to stay at a place with a kitchen you don't want a room. Anyway went back up and decided to come home (only a 2 hour drive). Fran actually came back out from behind and told us how sorry she was. We had another kind CM named Rosa who helped us cancel all our remaining reservations. Sorry this was so long but it's sad that there are so many inconsiderate people in the world and then everyone wonders where the kids get their manners from??? So thanks to these Fellowship People who ruined which would have been a wonderful Disney Christmas trip. I'm not faulting Disney I'm faulting the horrible people in the 2600 loop and their kids. Thanks guys for letting me vent.
From the title of this thread I thought there were going to be ghosts in this story!

You need to contact Disney about this and let them know you're posting your story online so people will know to ask and not go at these times. Hopefully it will get them to do something. Shocked security wasn't made aware of this.

Typically the worst teenagers are usually just a reflection of their stupid parents.

Make sure you're compensated for your vacation. Free tickets, upgrades, etc., that makes it all the more likely someone is forced to take notice and they'll do something about it in the future. They don't care about angry emails or phonecalls. Get someone at corporate involved. This kind of thing is inexcusable.

Last edited:

DWFEVR

Original Poster
Hey, I live on a golf course with plenty of kids in our neighborhood. That isn't my issue. What I resent is having paid over $2,000 for a vacation only to have to listen to drunk parents partying, adult trashing rooms (yes, adults broke the mirror), having to walk out of my cabin to see empty beer and wine bottles, to have 3 sites on our side toilet papered-cabins/pine trees, listening to a boom box at 11:00 drive by, and music plaing so loud at the "back" of the loop you can't sit outside. I don't have a problem with kids being kids but I don't want a 10-12 year old racing a disney golf cart around a corner. His parents can deal with the issue if he topples the car but I don't want him hitting ours.What would have happened if we had children that wanted to play outside? We could barely back out our golf cart without some kid almost hitting us. Thank heavens we didn't drive our car. I would have loved to have 16 year olds staying around us but it gets tiresome having young kids out of control with no respect of others. There's one thing to have a few kids around a site (always have) but when you have 50+ kids doing whatever they want it gets old. I also don't like to see Disney employees so disrespected. Being a housekeeper or maintenance person may not be the most glorified job at Disney, but they don;t deserve to be run off the road by a group of boys on big wheels. So no I'm not some old person who has a problem with kids and I don't blame Disney...they had no idea what this group was going to be like. I just resent totally inconsiderate people with absolutely no respect of others or others property. And BTW...we did not receive any compensation.

DWFEVR

Original Poster
Guest Services Update: Just received a very nice phone call from the Guest Services Area Manager. We've been compensated for 5 free nites at the campground. Hadn't planned on every going back....but not we're starting to look at dates. Great Customer Service...was not expected. Thanks Disney for restoring our faith in you.

alissafalco

Spin the wheel and you lost. No hotel or resort can be held responsible for rowdy guests. The rowdy guest are there to entertain them selves and quiet probably isn't high on the list. I don't exactly know what they were doing but I understand the situation.

I had I problem like this where I lived. I was the youngest person on my street, single and on the look out for women. I had a nice place for entertaining so that is what I did trying to entice young women to parties. I had one neighbor who came over every time I had people over since the crowd was friendly. He came over with a big tumbler of scotch and talked to people until his scotch was gone then he said good night. He loved us. He was also like 80 years old. Another guy and his wife hated us. Probably more like 70's. They called security a few times and they even had decibel meters out one night, there was some noise limit at a certain amount of feet, blah blah blah. Short answer is I have the right to do whatever within limits and I was under those limits. One day that guy really got on my nerves so we had a little a talk. I said "I know you are here to die and you want to die in peace and quiet. I am single looking for a woman, possibly a wife, I will not be anti social, I will not be quiet. Who do you think is going to win this? I can keep this up 24 X 7, I can also ramp it up if you want to play?" Last time I ever talked to him or saw him. Problem solved then in a couple of years I moved.

The lesson to be learned is people are at different parts of their lives and what you think is horrible behavior may just be your opinion. I have outdoorsy kids and same with many of my neighbors, I live in a kids neighbor. Once in a while we get an older person who moves in and complains about blah blah blah. There are reasonable complaints like we had a kid who got a trail bike for a present then drove at 60 miles and hour down the street. Some one else got to him before I did because that is unsafe, problem over in 6 hours at most, it's not a free for all going on. Same with some outdoor furniture moving around to places it shouldn't be. We tracked the offenders down pretty quick. That stuff happens no matter who or what the parents are doing. Give a 16 year old a golf cart and he will not drive it like a 40 year old. We had one of those incidents as well, neighborhood kid liked to take his friends on rides in dads golf cart, dad fine with this. Then DA's roll the golf cart destroying roof and some fiberglass. Offender and buddies are now pretty much indenture servants until said damage is paid for. LOL.

Life doesn't always work out like you think it should move on.
:confused: What????

jaklgreen

Disney should be more proactive about expelling rowdy guests. I would not have cut my vacation short but had them upgrade me to a different resort(which I believe they wanted to do for you). And if you were planning on cooking, they could have given you either a dvc room or free dining plan to make up for your meals that you were going to cook. I am glad they comped you a free stay.

SeanWM48

Spin the wheel and you lost. No hotel or resort can be held responsible for rowdy guests. The rowdy guest are there to entertain them selves and quiet probably isn't high on the list. I don't exactly know what they were doing but I understand the situation.

I had I problem like this where I lived. I was the youngest person on my street, single and on the look out for women. I had a nice place for entertaining so that is what I did trying to entice young women to parties. I had one neighbor who came over every time I had people over since the crowd was friendly. He came over with a big tumbler of scotch and talked to people until his scotch was gone then he said good night. He loved us. He was also like 80 years old. Another guy and his wife hated us. Probably more like 70's. They called security a few times and they even had decibel meters out one night, there was some noise limit at a certain amount of feet, blah blah blah. Short answer is I have the right to do whatever within limits and I was under those limits. One day that guy really got on my nerves so we had a little a talk. I said "I know you are here to die and you want to die in peace and quiet. I am single looking for a woman, possibly a wife, I will not be anti social, I will not be quiet. Who do you think is going to win this? I can keep this up 24 X 7, I can also ramp it up if you want to play?" Last time I ever talked to him or saw him. Problem solved then in a couple of years I moved.

The lesson to be learned is people are at different parts of their lives and what you think is horrible behavior may just be your opinion. I have outdoorsy kids and same with many of my neighbors, I live in a kids neighbor. Once in a while we get an older person who moves in and complains about blah blah blah. There are reasonable complaints like we had a kid who got a trail bike for a present then drove at 60 miles and hour down the street. Some one else got to him before I did because that is unsafe, problem over in 6 hours at most, it's not a free for all going on. Same with some outdoor furniture moving around to places it shouldn't be. We tracked the offenders down pretty quick. That stuff happens no matter who or what the parents are doing. Give a 16 year old a golf cart and he will not drive it like a 40 year old. We had one of those incidents as well, neighborhood kid liked to take his friends on rides in dads golf cart, dad fine with this. Then DA's roll the golf cart destroying roof and some fiberglass. Offender and buddies are now pretty much indenture servants until said damage is paid for. LOL.

Life doesn't always work out like you think it should move on.
for what it's worth if OP had this attitude towards the situation he would not have gotten his 5 free nights, which is a huge gesture by the campground/Disney.

i understand trying to be tolerant but not to that extent. clearly something was very wrong on that loop

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No hotel or resort can be held responsible for rowdy guests

That just isn't true. They can definitely be held responsible one way or another, whether they remedy the situation immediately and/or compensate the guests who had to deal with rowdy guests.

To the OP, I am glad that Disney worked with you. Hopefully on your next trip, it will go a lot better for you!

ItlngrlBella

I'm so sorry to see what you had to endure and this why we can't have nice things. Parents getting their party on with no respect to others - taking care of their beer, bongs (God forbid), but not their babies (well in this case teenage babies).

I don't understand why they didn't just call security to supervise them and to "simma down now!"

R W B

So my biggest question about all of this is.... How are the renovated cabins? What's new in them? Any chance they have queen beds now instead of doubles? I'm staying at the Cabins in Feb and just trying to get an idea.

About your situation goes, did you ever find out what type of Fellowship it was? Also, was security ever called? I know the regular resorts have a "quit time" so I would think the cabins do too, just like any noise ordinance in a neighborhood. How late into the night did they party? We're driving the "weekend car" on our trip in February specifically because the cabins have their own parking spot and we don't have to worry about dings and scratches but I never thought about young kids riding around while not at the parks. (First world problems I know)

SeanWM48

So my biggest question about all of this is.... How are the renovated cabins? What's new in them? Any chance they have queen beds now instead of doubles? I'm staying at the Cabins in Feb and just trying to get an idea.
lol i also had that in mind but did not ask, i cannot wait to see the new cabins and from what i hear they do have queen beds now. bed size was my lone complaint about them over the years.

DWFEVR

Original Poster
I wish I had been able to take pictures of the renovations. They were just putting new appliances in loop 2400 (which should be done by Feb). When you walk in the door no more carpeting...a laminated wood floor which was nice. A new dining table with 2 less chairs (I think 3) ..but the table does not take up half the room. A new couch (sleep bed) No little bench in the middle of the room..it's now against a wall. No more Murphy bed - instead 6 drawers and a hugh TV. Very nice. It totally opens up the room and makes it look much bigger. They've also changed the lamp shades to white instead of "brown" so it looks a little brighter (plus new curtains). The kitchen has all new stainless appliances but no over. It's now a microwave/convection over and a 2 burner stove. New cabinets, sink, & back splash - nice and compact. They still have to work out cookware..out didn't have any type of a fry pan just a little saucepan. Bathroom...mostly new. Finally new showers/bathtub, sinks & vanity. Doesn't seems as big but nice. (the hairdryers are now under the sink & not in the bedroom) The bedrooms really didn't change that much. Maybe new mattresses on the all the beds but you still have to agile you sleep by the wall & have to go to the bathroom. They did seem a little bigger. It is nice to finally have drawers even if they are in the living area.

I am glad Disney stepped up..the CM's did what they could at the time. (Fran even drove over to see what was going on & notified security). We did have 2 Disney Park Rangers come by and check out things when we left. There's not a lot they could do when you're dealing with 64 cabins sites.(Still couldn't figure out who these people were..some had a Christian school sign on their cabins other had something totally different) They did offer us another room but the Xmas party had most of the park filled so we couldn't get a DVC room - that and it was after 9:00pm (we had been dealing with this for 5 hours at that point) and we didn't feel like moving again. We were fortunate that we left before they ALL got to the sites. The few evenings before there were about 3 or 4 non-partying cabins..I could deal with kids riding scooters at 11:00 as long as they were quiet and didn't damage anything. In hindsight we wish we would have taken some pictures. That's why we love the cabins - you can cook and park right outside. For all the times we've stayed we've never seen anything like this......the sites and people have always been great! We'll just try again new year.

R W B

I wish I had been able to take pictures of the renovations. They were just putting new appliances in loop 2400 (which should be done by Feb). When you walk in the door no more carpeting...a laminated wood floor which was nice. A new dining table with 2 less chairs (I think 3) ..but the table does not take up half the room. A new couch (sleep bed) No little bench in the middle of the room..it's now against a wall. No more Murphy bed - instead 6 drawers and a hugh TV. Very nice. It totally opens up the room and makes it look much bigger. They've also changed the lamp shades to white instead of "brown" so it looks a little brighter (plus new curtains). The kitchen has all new stainless appliances but no over. It's now a microwave/convection over and a 2 burner stove. New cabinets, sink, & back splash - nice and compact. They still have to work out cookware..out didn't have any type of a fry pan just a little saucepan. Bathroom...mostly new. Finally new showers/bathtub, sinks & vanity. Doesn't seems as big but nice. (the hairdryers are now under the sink & not in the bedroom) The bedrooms really didn't change that much. Maybe new mattresses on the all the beds but you still have to agile you sleep by the wall & have to go to the bathroom. They did seem a little bigger. It is nice to finally have drawers even if they are in the living area.

I am glad Disney stepped up..the CM's did what they could at the time. (Fran even drove over to see what was going on & notified security). We did have 2 Disney Park Rangers come by and check out things when we left. There's not a lot they could do when you're dealing with 64 cabins sites.(Still couldn't figure out who these people were..some had a Christian school sign on their cabins other had something totally different) They did offer us another room but the Xmas party had most of the park filled so we couldn't get a DVC room - that and it was after 9:00pm (we had been dealing with this for 5 hours at that point) and we didn't feel like moving again. We were fortunate that we left before they ALL got to the sites. The few evenings before there were about 3 or 4 non-partying cabins..I could deal with kids riding scooters at 11:00 as long as they were quiet and didn't damage anything. In hindsight we wish we would have taken some pictures. That's why we love the cabins - you can cook and park right outside. For all the times we've stayed we've never seen anything like this......the sites and people have always been great! We'll just try again new year.
Thank you for describing the renovated cabins! They sound great!

I'm also glad Dosney did step up for you. My fiancé tells me I tend to let a lot of things slide and I dont complain about as much as I should but I have a feeling even I would of complained about this situation. I probably would of went and talked to what ever adults I could find first and that may not of been a good thing depending how much drinking they were doing. I will say theirs no way I would of left WDW all together with 4 days remaining but then again I live 11 hours away, not 2 so it's not as convenient for me to return. I do understand not wanting just any room, like you said you booked the cabin and probably had intentions on cooking (we do in Feb) so a regular room would end up costing more money from eating out. I do wonder how many people did complain about those kids though and if it was a lot and if that's why they gave you 5 free nights?

Rob562

About your situation goes, did you ever find out what type of Fellowship it was? Also, was security ever called? I know the regular resorts have a "quit time" so I would think the cabins do too, just like any noise ordinance in a neighborhood. How late into the night did they party? We're driving the "weekend car" on our trip in February specifically because the cabins have their own parking spot and we don't have to worry about dings and scratches but I never thought about young kids riding around while not at the parks. (First world problems I know)

A quick Google search for "disney fellowship fort wilderness" came up with this within the top 10 links:

http://www.zuberoagency.com/LCS_Disney_Itinerary_2014.pdf

-Rob

DWFEVR

Original Poster
Thank you Rob for the link. That explains everything. Thank heavens we left before the real party began. We just saw the "pre"party. If we go back next year we are going to be sure this thing is not happening. Do you think the people in reservations would know in advance when this thing happens? That explains why they couldn't find anyplace for us. It wasn't like we had only a day or two left. They had to find a space for us for 5 additional days. Do you know what LCS means? Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom