Frozen Ever After opening day

-vickimouse-

I asked my 6yo daughter, who is a huge Frozen fan: "If we go to Epcot on Friday and don't get to ride Frozen, will you be angry?"
She replied, "4 hours in line? Some things aren't worth melting for! Let's just go on Test Track if it's that bad." I love that kid. :)

That said, if we arrive at the park entrance right at 8:30-8:45, think we can get on in under 90 min after park opening? Or has the madness already taken hold?

I'm wondering this as well. I was not able to score a fp and wonder if I hit this at rope drop Sunday, how bad will it the wait be for stand by? I'm guessing an hour to get through the whole thing?

RSoxNo1

I would think the bottleneck is the scene timing and dispatch intervals. Each scene appears to be synced up with the passing of a single boat, as opposed to Pirates and IASM where the AAs have lines and movements that are short and repeat in sequence without a need to perform for an individual boat. I am guessing sensors along the flume activate each scene as a new boat passes thru.
Everything is triggered now, but there were triggers before at the track switches. Purely speculative by the way, but I'm guessing the video we've seen of Elsa waiving at the Let it Go scene during a technical issue is the actual default mode for the AA, however I think that she's performing a loop of Let it Go as opposed to being triggered like Olaf and other AA's. The scene itself is too long for her to be triggered.

25-30 seconds as a dispatch interval seems to still be the bottleneck, but I don't know if there are other hold points between the track switches. The switch itself shouldn't take that long, but if another boat can't be in the flume between the two track switches then that section would be the bottleneck. Here is the timing of the various components on Blog Mickey's video:
  • 2:39 - Doors open to Let It Go scene
  • 2:51 - Vehicle stops at Elsa
  • 2:59 - Vehicle starts backwards drop/section
  • 3:25 - Icy blast transitions out of the Let It Go scene
  • 3:51 - Vehicle stops at Marshmallow track switch
  • 3:57 - Vehicle travels forward down hill
  • 4:09 - Bottom of hill

If I had to guess, I'd speculate that there were at least two hold points in the backwards section of the attraction and at least one between the initial lift hill and the opening to the Let It Go scene.

Edit: After looking at the two videos it seems the video sequence and AA sequence is triggered because the two videos shown have her starting the song at the same point. That must mean that they've got the music setup in such a way that audio doesn't bleed from the Elsa track switch to the rest of the hallway which is pretty impressive.

It's a pretty tight window they're working with in this sequence if they're dispatching boats every 28 seconds.

Last edited:

No Name

Additional track and additional capacity.

May I just ask what you mean about additional capacity? I assumed capacity for this was the same as Maelstrom. Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding, because why would capacity make a difference in the video anyway?

We haven't heard an offical number for this ride's hourly capacity yet, so if anyone knows for sure, please share.

Daveeeeed

Frozen is still popular, but popular doesn't mean every Youtube video has 30m likes anymore. I think the main reason why this ride isn't receiving a three hour wait is because of capacity. If it had more then we wouldn't be as in shock even though more people are riding it. I think the Imagineers did a fantastic job for what they could do. A solid Attraction for sure, obviously can't compare with Test Track as it's an E, but it is definitely comparable with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Worth for the first time an hour after that no more than 30-40 minutes in my opinion.

cindy_k

Frozen evac walk off tweet with pictures.
https://twitter.com/DrKlugs/status/745647452397666304
ClkSZgyXIAEeBxa.jpg

ClkSZg7WAAAEWkt.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The ride was awesome. I did not look at any spoilers beforehand so I had no idea what to expect. I was blown away. I can't wait to ride again. I was always a fan of Maelstrom but I won't miss it much as this is a much better ride.

This is my husband and daughter on the last day of Maelstrom and the first day of Frozen. Pretty cool we got to experience both. She was just a few weeks old when Maelstrom closed and she's almost 2 now, though to me it feels like no time has passed!

View attachment 147188
Awesome!
Looks like Hubby is wearing the same shirt. :)

Brer Panther

well she sure has a wierd way of greeting you... and the order of how you get there and what people are doing along the way sure is discombobulated... and if that's where you are going... why do you immediately leave and wander out and then find anna and else in summer, etc. The 'we're off to grandmas house...' plot line doesn't glue this thing together.
And why would Elsa even BE in her ice castle? She left and lives with Anna again, doesn't she?

Daveeeeed

I'm wondering this as well. I was not able to score a fp and wonder if I hit this at rope drop Sunday, how bad will it the wait be for stand by? I'm guessing an hour to get through the whole thing?
I heard it was 70 minutes I believe just after role drop today. An idea might be to start at the Epcot Resorts entrance. Even though less gates there are much less people going through there. Though you have to go into FW as you can't walk around WS. If you're willing to run then it could work, as it is about the same distance from Norway. You'll have to be at the gate probably 1/2 an hour to an hour before.

doctornick

Has anyone done both this and Hunny Hunt yet? If you peel away the neat ride system it seems like WDW finally has one of the top Fantasyland styled dark rides... In the world.

That's basically my reaction. This definitely isn't an E-ticket, but I think it looks like about as good an execution of a small scale dark ride as you can get. Whether you consider that a top notch C-ticket or a D-ticket is subjective but much like Honey Hunt, they took a simple ride and concept and significantly plussed it.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Ok serious questions then I will go all tin foil hat on everyone. Is the ride failing because of mechanics/show screens failing or is the ride just being pushed to hard. In my uneducated opinion if it's the first then they should have had soft openings to work out bugs and this will become less frequent once everything smooths out. If it's ride is being pushed to its limits and it's failing because it's pushed to hard then we are in for a long summer and even more problems long term IMO.

Ok tin foil hat theory time. Disney is purposely creating long lines to make the ride look good and push up wait times so that they can go to the board and say what a great idea this was in EPCOT. Ushering in FantasyLandCOT.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Ok tin foil hat theory time. Disney is purposely creating long lines to make the ride look good and push up wait times so that they can go to the board and say what a great idea this was in EPCOT. Ushering in FantasyLandCOT.

Disney is purposely creating long lines to make the ride look good? While this might be good press for folks considering to visit and experience it... if anything, it shows that Disney needs to expand and have more top tier attractions

rushtest4echo

Disney is purposely creating long lines to make the ride look good? While this might be good press for folks considering to visit and experience it... if anything, it shows that Disney needs to expand and have more top tier attractions
Agreed, I'd love to see more Fantasyland style rides around the World Showcase. It would make the place far more palatable for families. Perhaps then they'll have to stop pandering to locals/drunks for half the year and have people enjoy the theme park attractions at the theme park.

PhotoDave219

I heard it was 70 minutes I believe just after role drop today. An idea might be to start at the Epcot Resorts entrance. Even though less gates there are much less people going through there. Though you have to go into FW as you can't walk around WS. If you're willing to run then it could work, as it is about the same distance from Norway. You'll have to be at the gate probably 1/2 an hour to an hour before.

That's probably where they are starting the wait time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom