'Frozen' characters to appear during the holiday season at the Magic Kingdom

FigmentsFangirl

I honestly think that in relation to Celebrate the Magic, {wherein Elsa and Olaf both appear and Elsa makes the castle turn to ice {really pretty, but only seeable after dark}} I think having Elsa make the Ice Palace {castle dreamlights} come on the same way she made her Ice Palace; it makes more sense to me. Heck I honestly think they should move the Royal Welcome to Magic Kingdom anyhow, {MUCH BETTER VIEWING/SPACE along streets and in front of Cinderella Castle} In fact if Disney continues 'experimenting' with drones, those screens at DHS could be floating freely by then and could easily be moved into pose when needed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's been everyday during the holiday season in the past.

I understand that Frozen fits with the castle lighting, but I'm upset with the change. It's Cinderella's Castle, not Elsa's (yet). It should involve her and her Fairy Godmother, not Elsa. This Frozen stuff is getting out of hand.

And it better not become Elsa's....... :mad:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Love it! What's so wrong with Elsa visiting Cindy's castle to do what she does?! She creates ice... The castle turns to ice.... Makes perfect sense. I don't see Elsa taking anything away from Cinderella at all! The old show always seemed like a stretch to me anyway.

Because a fairy godmother capable of turning pumpkins, horses and mice into a coach, footmen and horses for said coach is incapable of turning the Castle into a winter wonderland?

jrh1985

Cindy is not in every castle show! Granted, she's been around a lot in the last decade: CSC, Cindybration, DAWM,but I can think of a number of shows she hasn't been in.

My memory may be rusty but I don't remember an uproar like this when stitch TP'ed the castle. Now that was horrid!!

scoobygirl39541

Because a fairy godmother capable of turning pumpkins, horses and mice into a coach, footmen and horses for said coach is incapable of turning the Castle into a winter wonderland?

I guess it never made sense to me WHY Cinderella would want a winter castle. Just seemed contrived.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I guess it never made sense to me WHY Cinderella would a winter castle. Just seemed contrived.

And nothing at Disney is ever contrived....

My point is this (and yes, I am going to rant), just because Frozen has earned a billion $$$ worldwide is not justification for letting that one movie take over the ENTIRE corporation. Apple didn't really become Apple until the iPod. Did Jobs let the iPod take over everything? No, he continued innovation and development of new products - still making a computer - giving us iPhones, iPads and now the Apple Watch (yes, I know the classic iPod is gone from Apple store, but you still CAN get an iPod, just in a different form). So what has Iger and Company done? Let one movie take dominance in 3 theme parks - I swear if he could figure out a tie in to Animal Kingdom, it would be Arendelle we'd be reading about, not Avatar Land. He and crew are not developing anything new, just putting Frozen overlays everywhere he can to the detriment of what's already there. It's the type of stifling corporate mindset that nearly got Disney bought by Sony in the early 1980s. Why was the rope drop procedure changed at MK? I've watched parents fight, yes fight, over the last Frozen dress in Sir Mickey's. I've watched them stand in line in the hot Florida sun for hours for a 5 minute M&G, because it is Anna and Elsa. I love Aurora - she's my first Disney movie and MY princess. I can remember seeing her Castle at Disneyland and I am sure there are photos somewhere in the boxes of my parents' stuff of me dragging my mom to the Castle the first time I saw it. My first time riding Soarin' I squealed like a 5 year old (much to my daughter's embarrassment and the amusement of the people around us) when I saw the Castle and Matterhorn. As much as I love Sleeping Beauty, I wouldn't stand in line for 3 hours in the Florida sun to meet Aurora for 5 minutes, period. Letting Frozen consume everything Disney diminishes that which is Disney.

If I read that Iger is turning Sleeping Beauty's Castle into Frozen, I'm getting on a plane, driving a car to Glendale and hitting someone with my cane. :cautious:

Animaniac93-98

It never was Cinderella's Castle in the past, but that's when it was treated as more of a symbolic icon and less like a Toontown house (which is why it looks nothing like it does in the movie and had a restaurant called King Stefan's Banquet Hall). There's still no gaurantee she will not be present either.

I am fine with this addition as I think it fits well with the concept.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It never was Cinderella's Castle in the past, but that's when it was treated as more of a symbolic icon and less like a Toontown house (which is why it looks nothing like it does in the movie and had a restaurant called King Stefan's Banquet Hall). There's still no gaurantee she will not be present either.

I am fine with this addition as I think it fits well with the concept.

Don't know where you were in 1971, but it was Cinderella's Castle when the MK opened in 1971. I know it looks nothing like it does in the movie, neither does Sleeping Beauty's Castle either - both designs are based on real castles in Europe. Neither is my point. My point is the Frozenification of everything Disney that is now going on, much to the determent of that which is Disney, especially an icon like Cinderella's Castle.

Captain Chaos

Was this really a show screaming for an update, though? There was nothing dated about it and in addition to the Fab Five, included the company's most enduring and iconic princess.

With so much else needing updating, I just don't see the need for this, other than the continued frozenification of WDW.
Was it screaming for an update? Probably not. But when you run the same thing year after year, it does tend to get boring. Which is why i won't go to MNSSHP. Same stuff year after year. Got bored with it fast. A little freshening up doesn't hurt.

With that said, I am sick of Frozen already. And sadly, they aren't done shoving it down our throats. This is what I fear they will do with Star Wars too. Too much of something isn't always a good thing.

scoobygirl39541

ok I disagree with most of this post and detect some hypocracy, unless I'm reading it wrong lol I'm sorry. Let me try and break it down.
And nothing at Disney is ever contrived....
Now this I agree with, HOWEVER Elsa turning the castle into ice is less contrived, thus moving in the right direction.
My point is this (and yes, I am going to rant), just because Frozen has earned a billion $$$ worldwide is not justification for letting that one movie take over the ENTIRE corporation.
I'd hardly call Frozen taking over the ENTIRE corporation. Shoehorning maybe, but to say it’s taking over the entire corporation is a huge exaggeration.
Apple didn't really become Apple until the iPod. Did Jobs let the iPod take over everything? No, he continued innovation and development of new products - still making a computer - giving us iPhones, iPads and now the Apple Watch (yes, I know the classic iPod is gone from Apple store, but you still CAN get an iPod, just in a different form).
ok if iPod=Frozen, then Disney’s doing the same thing. It's supply and demand. People demanded the iPod, so iPod mini, nano, shuffle, etc were shoved down our throats. Disney is responding to Frozen's popularity and this is the first step that actually makes a lot of sense.

Let one movie take dominance in 3 theme parks
Dominate is a very strong word. I would say it's sprinkled throughout, but not dominated by any means.

Why was the rope drop procedure changed at MK? I've watched parents fight, yes fight, over the last Frozen dress in Sir Mickey's. I've watched them stand in line in the hot Florida sun for hours for a 5 minute M&G, because it is Anna and Elsa. I love Aurora - she's my first Disney movie and MY princess. I can remember seeing her Castle at Disneyland and I am sure there are photos somewhere in the boxes of my parents' stuff of me dragging my mom to the Castle the first time I saw it. My first time riding Soarin' I squealed like a 5 year old (much to my daughter's embarrassment and the amusement of the people around us) when I saw the Castle and Matterhorn. As much as I love Sleeping Beauty, I wouldn't stand in line for 3 hours in the Florida sun to meet Aurora for 5 minutes, period.
Back to your Steve Jobs analogy... People sleep outside waiting for the next Apple product. Just saying...

Letting Frozen consume everything Disney diminishes that which is Disney.
Disagree. It enhances it. Look at the Disney renaissance. Those films are represented in the parks a hundred times over and people are ok with it. How is this any different? It's the first really good film to produce this much hype in a LONG time. Why not give the mass population what they want, just like with BatB, TLM, LK? Just because it's new and rose to fame very quickly doesn't make it the enemy and not worthy of being represented just as much as the older films.
If I read that Iger is turning Sleeping Beauty's Castle into Frozen, I'm getting on a plane, driving a car to Glendale and hitting someone with my cane.
What if it was a Frozen castle being turned into Sleeping Beauty? Would you feel the same?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom