Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

wdwfan4ver

Maybe it dawned on them that they have to do something fast to compete with Harry Potter?
It may not be the case.

I am going by when Beauty and the Beast live on Stage was first open. Beauty and the Beast live on Stage was opened at DHS on the same day Beauty and the Beast was released in theaters in the United States. If Disney know how much of a success Frozen was doing to be like Eisner knew Beauty and Beast was going to be, Frozen would already been running as a stage show at DHS by now.

The other thing is Disney knew they took too long for doing more with the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast in terms of attractions and Disney doesn't want that to with Frozen. That explains the Frozen overlay for Epcot although is it a terrible move in my opinion.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Sounds like a great idea, actually. Something that fits the movie perfectly (although DHS already has too many shows...)

Would they be lip syncing like in the Beauty and the Beast show? If live singing (I believe they do in VotLM), then they better cast some good singers/actors.

I have no idea on the actual details… but I'm pretty sure this is coming together in a hurry, should actually happen.

But again, it's a rumor… And anything can happen.

Next Big Thing

I have no idea on the actual details… but I'm pretty sure this is coming together in a hurry, should actually happen.

But again, it's a rumor… And anything can happen.
Well, hopefully it ends up happening.

How soon is soon in your opinion? Before the end of summer or would we be looking at more of a Fall type thing?

Computer Magic

The old Hunchback Theater. Nice to see that return to everyday performances even if short lived.
'Not a huge fan of the movie but will be a nice addition since its not replacing LM or B&B. Some think those shows are stale but DHS can't afford to lose an attraction.

Last edited:

danv3

Always pleasantly surprised to hear about the possibility of using a presently unused space...not really SOP in WDW.

And as others have noted, the Studios is desperate for more content, so almost anything there would be welcome.

mahnamahna101

This just makes me think the Frozen ride should come here. And gives the suits an option for fixing DHS.

Bulldoze Animation Courtyard for Arendale, make a Muppets mini-land in Streets of America, expand Pixar Place into the whole back area of the park (Monstropolis, Incredibles, Paradise Falls, Ratatouille), make a Roger Rabbit sequel and build a mini-land along Sunset (dark ride and a flat ride), revamp the GMR, remove the BAH, and make Star Wars Land the anchor... might cost $1.5 billion-$2 billion, but it'd finally get DHS back on track.

Of course, it's nice that DHS is adding along with removing... maybe it's a slight sign that TDO realizes the park might need more capacity if they close AIE and Indy for Star Wars Land.

cw1982

Of course, it's nice that DHS is adding along with removing... maybe it's a slight sign that TDO realizes the park might need more capacity if they close AIE and Indy for Star Wars Land.

Except that, if the OP's info is completely accurate, this show would only go through September (if I read that correctly), and AIE isn't set to close until January. Indy isn't set to close yet at all. IMO doesn't sound like finding interim replacements for those while we wait for SWL has much to do with this. I think this is more about trying to further address the issue of the inability to keep up with the Frozen demand at MK. The idea of adding FP+ capacity makes perfect sense as well, especially since there isn't really that much to choose from in that bottom tier at the moment.

That last thought begs the question: I wonder which tier of FP this would be?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
This just makes me think the Frozen ride should come here. And gives the suits an option for fixing DHS.

Bulldoze Animation Courtyard for Arendale, make a Muppets mini-land in Streets of America, expand Pixar Place into the whole back area of the park (Monstropolis, Incredibles, Paradise Falls, Ratatouille), make a Roger Rabbit sequel and build a mini-land along Sunset (dark ride and a flat ride), revamp the GMR, remove the BAH, and make Star Wars Land the anchor... might cost $1.5 billion-$2 billion, but it'd finally get DHS back on track.

Indy isn't closing. Yet.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Except that, if the OP's info is completely accurate, this show would only go through September (if I read that correctly), and AIE isn't set to close until January. Indy isn't set to close yet at all. IMO doesn't sound like finding interim replacements for those while we wait for SWL has much to do with this. I think this is more about trying to further address the issue of the inability to keep up with the Frozen demand at MK. The idea of adding FP+ capacity makes perfect sense as well, especially since there isn't really that much to choose from in that bottom tier at the moment.

That last thought begs the question: I wonder which tier of FP this would be?

I can't/won't reveal my sources but the information is 100% accurate as of Thursday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom