From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizons1

Disney is not going to escape a huge payout. Based on what happened and fact no way does Disney want this to go to litigation they will be paying out at least 10 million to family. And none of that will bring this poor boy back but hopefully it allows the family to have closure and not have to live it again and again with years of litigation and media coverage.
I could easily find closure for 10 million.

Bairstow

Disney is not going to escape a huge payout. Based on what happened and fact no way does Disney want this to go to litigation they will be paying out at least 10 million to family. And none of that will bring this poor boy back but hopefully it allows the family to have closure and not have to live it again and again with years of litigation and media coverage.

Beyond speculation, is it even known whether the Graves want to sue Disney?
Just because half the internet blames the company doesn't mean that they do.

s8film40

Beyond speculation, is it even known whether the Graves want to sue Disney?
Just because half the internet blames the company doesn't mean that they do.
I'm sure it's the last thing on their minds right now, but when things like this happen lawsuits are almost 100% inevitable. I can't really think of any case that didn't result in a lawsuit.

JohnD

I don't think all the Disney bathrooms have entrance doors, especially the ones near adventure land. I think you just walk into the corridor to get to the main washroom in some areas and then the stalls the gator can just walk under the divider.

The only park with bathroom doors is AK. That's so that you have a safe place to go if an animal ever escaped. I guess all bathrooms now need doors to stop a random alligator. Sigh...

21stamps

What if they don't blame the company and actually have principles?
Still idiots?
I don't think they will sue. Not everyone is out for money. Most importantly- no amount of money can replace a child. To me a lawsuit would only be necessary if there was a strong reason- a death from actual pure negligence, and to try to prevent that from happening to someone else. That isn't what happened here.

Daveeeeed

What if they don't blame the company and actually have principles?
Still idiots?
They would not be bad people if they sue Disney. Disney is a large player in how this even happened. Like others have said anything like this nearly always results in a lawsuit. Some people make up or exaggerate stuff, but they actually have a legit case here that Disney has no chance, or wants to defend. They'll settle out of court no doubt.

s8film40

I don't think they will sue. Not everyone is out for money. Most importantly- no amount of money can replace a child. To me a lawsuit would only be necessary if there was a strong reason- a death from actual pure negligence, and to try to prevent that from happening to someone else. That isn't what happened here.
I think there's enough debate on here to be able to say that there is no 100% certainty that Disney wasn't at fault to some degree.

21stamps

I think there's enough debate on here to be able to say that there is no 100% certainty that Disney wasn't at fault to some degree.
Heresay and opinions. And people now coming forward who didn't care enough at the time to do anything about witnessing people feeding gators.
I won't debate liable again. I'll speak for myself- I would not file a lawsuit in this situation. I think a lot of people wouldn't. I also think a lot would. So we'll wait and see. But my money is on they won't.

When I say actual pure negligence I mean like falling through a faulty floor or walkway that the owner knew was faulty and chose not to fix it. Or a car manufacturer knowing their brake supplier had faulty breaks. Not an act of nature.

Daveeeeed

Please be realistic, if you've seen my other posts you would know how bad I feel about this, wasn't all Disney's fault, and definitely not the family. BUT SERIOUSLY, if you had the chance no matter what happened where a company was the main contributor, and you were sure to win millions would you take it? Disney knows they messed up, and Disney will settle. There's nothing wrong with that, it is the least Disney can do, know one can bring the baby back, but for the family's future 10's of millions would change their life for the better from the worst. Still though nothing can repay, but you would be an idiot to not sue, or do whatever.

Daveeeeed

Heresay and opinions. And people now coming forward who didn't care enough at the time to do anything about witnessing people feeding gators.
I won't debate liable again. I'll speak for myself- I would not file a lawsuit in this situation. I think a lot of people wouldn't. I also think a lot would. So we'll wait and see. But my money is on they won't.
Your full of it. If you have kids, and one of them dies when it is mostly Disney's fault would you seriously not sue?

21stamps

Please be realistic, if you've seen my other posts you would know how bad I feel about this, wasn't all Disney's fault, and definitely not the family. BUT SERIOUSLY, if you had the chance no matter what happened where a company was the main contributor, and you were sure to win millions would you take it? Disney knows they messed up, and Disney will settle. There's nothing wrong with that, it is the least Disney can do, know one can bring the baby back, but for the family's future 10's of millions would change their life for the better from the worst. Still though nothing can repay, but you would be an idiot to not sue, or do whatever.
Your full of it. If you have kids, and one of them dies when it is mostly Disney's fault would you seriously not sue?
No. Unequivocally NO. If God forbid an alligator killed my child I would not capitalize on his death because it happened on location of a multi billion dollar company.

But that's the mindset difference. I don't view an attack from a wild creature as the fault of the land owner.

s8film40

When I say actual pure negligence I mean like falling through a faulty floor or walkway that the owner knew was faulty and chose not to fix it. Or a car manufacturer knowing their brake supplier had faulty breaks. Not an act of nature.
Would be interesting to see someone calculate the odds on that bet. I would imagine it would be a huge payout if you won.

If I were in this situation I don't know that I could come to the conclusion that Disney 100% wasn't responsible. I have no idea how you could just based on the discussion here, I would want to see the hard facts and have some things exposed. A lawsuit is the best way to do that.

21stamps

Would be interesting to see someone calculate the odds on that bet. I would imagine it would be a huge payout if you won.

If I were in this situation I don't know that I could come to the conclusion that Disney 100% wasn't responsible. I have no idea how you could just based on the discussion here, I would want to see the hard facts and have some things exposed. A lawsuit is the best way to do that.
My odds would probably be less given the shocking reactions after situations the past few months.

I didn't come to that conclusion because of this thread, or any news outlet. I came to that conclusion because I love Florida, lived there for most of my life, and this isn't the first attack of nature that I've heard of. I also understand that life has risks, very small ones, but risks nonetheless. There are gators and crocs and sharks and snakes and tons of other things that can kill us, regardless of where we are.

Like I said, you're probably right on odds are higher that a lot of people would sue. I just don't think this family will. And I could be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom