From Delux to Moderate......but which Moderate??

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I just came back from my first trip to WDW. It was AMAZING! I stayed at The Beach Club and was very satisfied. I will be taking my niece when she graduates HS (with at least a 3.0 GPA) as my gift to her. Im not interested in staying in a delux resort (unless I can get a DEEP discount). Ive looked at all the moderate resorts but honestly cannot decide which one! I will be going during early February again. I need a fridge, coffee maker & quiet room. Id like easy uncomplicated bus system nice grounds and beautiful rooms. You guys helped me TREMENDOUSLY with my first trip! Which moderate resort do I choose????

WDWRLD

POR....As I have said many times before it the only moderate resort with a deluxe feel and a moderate price. Its also the only moderate resort that has a marina with water taxis that take you to a destination, DTD.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

I'm definitely going to try POR or POFQ but I really did enjoy CBR when we went there. I picked CBR because it's theming is based on a foreign location (ie. Caribbean) versus theming local to the US. Not that it detracts one bit from the Port Orleans resorts, but to me, I want to feel as far away from home as possible on a vacation! :)

Upvote 0

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
WOW! Im definately getting the feeling that Disney did right by creating the Port Orleans resorts! Okay you convinced me, Port Orleans it is, but I think I will leave the deciding vote to my niece. I will giver her the options of French Quarter or Riverside. Thanks a bunch guys!

Upvote 0

Kadee

WOW! Im definately getting the feeling that Disney did right by creating the Port Orleans resorts! Okay you convinced me, Port Orleans it is, but I think I will leave the deciding vote to my niece. I will giver her the options of French Quarter or Riverside. Thanks a bunch guys!

I'm glad you chose Port Orleans. I don't think you will be disappointed with either of them, but my favorite moderate is Riverside. We've stayed there several times and had wonderful experiences every time. The cast members there are amazing....absolutely amazing! The landscaping is so beautiful. Every time I go, I walk around the grounds for several hours. I got some great photographs, too. The last time we stayed at POR (last July) when we returned to our room every night, we were greeted by a family of bunnies right outside of our room (Oak Manor). It is really a great place to stay.

Upvote 0

dox

Put me down for another vote for POFQ. I've never quite understood all the love for PO Riverside. I found Riverside to be so crowded on all three times i've stayed there. The food court was super crazy at all times, in particular breakfast. The main pool was a madhouse. You're lucky if you find a chair. ON the other, I found FQ to be peaceful quiet and the crowds quite doable. You're going to deal with crowds all day in the parks, I rather not deal with them back at my resort.

I also enjoyed Coronado a great deal as well. I found the landscaping at the Coronado to surpass both the PO resorts. But if you stay at Coronado request the Cabanas section as it is in between the main pool and the food court.

If a peaceful, pretty environment is what you are looking for FQ is the best of the three.

I've never stayed at Carribean Beach, but friends who have complain about the pool and the age of the resort.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

....I also enjoyed Coronado a great deal as well. I found the landscaping at the Coronado to surpass both the PO resorts. But if you stay at Coronado request the Cabanas section as it is in between the main pool and the food court.

If a peaceful, pretty environment is what you are looking for FQ is the best of the three.

I've never stayed at Carribean Beach, but friends who have complain about the pool and the age of the resort.

I've enjoyed the Coronado Springs resort too. The one drawback I could identify with it is that it is very spread out. Also the location is off on a far corner of the resort... much like the AKL.

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

i have one question; because I am currently doing the exact same research... trying to decide which moderate I want to go to. I always stayed at Deluxe's when I went with my folks, and the past three summers my girlfriend and I went together and stay at values... to me it seems it didn't matter where I was... but one thing I do take into affect is the buses...

I'm thinking of just going to Pop Century again because its the one bus stop... wouldn't POFQ and POR have a combined 5 bus stops? Doesn't that get a little annoying? Just curious, I know some people don't mind that stuff... but where I sleep isn't as big a deal to me as location and bus systems... a beds a bed to me... and all disney resorts are nicely themed...

so how are the buses if anyone can tell me? Based on distances to the parks and based on the amount of stops there are? Thanks.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

The Port Orleans resort has multiple bus stops so you can get off/get on close to your room. Or you can always use the main bus stop at the lobby.

At Pop Century you'd have to always walk to the one bus stop located in front of the lobby. Some of the rooms are quite a distance.

Something else to note: The bus stops at Port Orleans are shaded by trees and are covered.
At Pop Century you are just standing on the side walk. That makes a big difference if it's raining, or really sunny and hot.

Have fun.
:) :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom