• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report From Batuu to the Boardwalk...and Beyond!

bee

Original Poster
Advertisement
1-2, cont.

Finally!

Star Wars hotel construction and the Backside of Batuu

We stopped at Coronado first and got our first look at the completed tower.

And soon we arrived at our home for the night: All-Star Sports!

Since our room was ready we went there immediately. On the way:

🐝💜

We arrived at our room:

Uhhh...

I only took this photo of the room because you all have seen a million pictures of the old All-Star rooms by now.

After taking a few minutes to rest and charge our phones we went back to the main building to purchase a resort mug, which would last for both parts of the trip!

Nice coffee setup

And from there we exited to the bus stops!

It wasn't long at all before an Epcot bus pulled up!

Don't remind me :cry:

Up next: Food!

bee

Original Poster
1-2, cont.

We arrived at Epcot and saw all the construction in person for the first time. Once we got past security we needed to activate our APs at the ticket window. The CM at the window didn't give us yellow AP cards, which we thought was a little weird, but we figured it wouldn't be a big deal since we have MagicBands...this will come up later!

We FINALLY entered Epcot as Passholders once again, and immediately went to The Land to get some food at Sunshine Seasons.

The veggie "chicken" korma is a good reliable option, and we also tried the vegan gyro. It was good, not great, but we really appreciate Disney increasing the number and variety of vegetarian and vegan options! We also tried a White Claw hard seltzer. They are all the rage apparently but we'd never tried them before. Did we like it? Yes! Was it worth NINE dollars??? NO WAY!!! But now that we know we like them we can buy them from the liquor store for a much more reasonable price. :hilarious:

Pretty soon it was time for our first FP: Living with the Land, aka the Vegetable Boat Ride!

Uhhh...u ok??

Aren't pomegranates supposed to be red??

Mickey lettuce!

I 💜💜💜 tomatoes!

This flower display reminds me of the Contemporary Resort for some reason!

We also had a FP for Soarin', which we rode next.

We knew we needed to visit Club Cool on this trip...

Oops, did NOT do a great job with my nails this time! Don't worry, I did a better job before the Big Trip!

We also had to make sure we saw the Fountain!

After a short time in Epcot we headed out the IG to catch the boat toward DHS. But not before taking a break from the heat inside a STORE!!!

Up next: Boat time!

dizfan917

1-2, cont.

We arrived at Epcot and saw all the construction in person for the first time. Once we got past security we needed to activate our APs at the ticket window. The CM at the window didn't give us yellow AP cards, which we thought was a little weird, but we figured it wouldn't be a big deal since we have MagicBands...this will come up later!

We FINALLY entered Epcot as Passholders once again, and immediately went to The Land to get some food at Sunshine Seasons.

The veggie "chicken" korma is a good reliable option, and we also tried the vegan gyro. It was good, not great, but we really appreciate Disney increasing the number and variety of vegetarian and vegan options! We also tried a White Claw hard seltzer. They are all the rage apparently but we'd never tried them before. Did we like it? Yes! Was it worth NINE dollars??? NO WAY!!! But now that we know we like them we can buy them from the liquor store for a much more reasonable price. :hilarious:

Pretty soon it was time for our first FP: Living with the Land, aka the Vegetable Boat Ride!

Uhhh...u ok??

Aren't pomegranates supposed to be red??

Mickey lettuce!

I 💜💜💜 tomatoes!

This flower display reminds me of the Contemporary Resort for some reason!

We also had a FP for Soarin', which we rode next.

We knew we needed to visit Club Cool on this trip...

Oops, did NOT do a great job with my nails this time! Don't worry, I did a better job before the Big Trip!

We also had to make sure we saw the Fountain!

After a short time in Epcot we headed out the IG to catch the boat toward DHS. But not before taking a break from the heat inside a STORE!!!

Up next: Boat time!
Thanks for the final Club Cool and Fountain of Nations pics! boo...

ajrwdwgirl

Oh no, I read activating your AP's at Epcot and I thought there might be trouble. The two times I did AP stuff there I had the same cast member and both times he screwed up involving more time spent at guest relations and our premier pass not working at Disneyland. The Disneyland thing was fixed quickly by the Disneyland cast members but I learned my lesson not to do AP stuff at Epcot or if I see that cast member I'll just wait for another one to be free.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Woody renewed his AP at Epcot one year and was accidentally given 3 bonus months.

Since he goes less frequently than I do, the only positive that came from the mistake is that we don’t have to pay for 2 renewals in the same month each year.

Can’t believe the CM did not give you the critical yellow cards!!

P.S. Dead to Me 👍 👍

bee

Original Poster
Those pomegranates you saw weren't quite ripe yet. You're right that they are a nice bright red when they are good to go!
Thank you! Great reminder not to judge anyone else's journey because you never know where they'll end up!

Thanks for the final Club Cool and Fountain of Nations pics! boo...
😿

Oooooo! Foreshadowing......
Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Oh no, I read activating your AP's at Epcot and I thought there might be trouble. The two times I did AP stuff there I had the same cast member and both times he screwed up involving more time spent at guest relations and our premier pass not working at Disneyland. The Disneyland thing was fixed quickly by the Disneyland cast members but I learned my lesson not to do AP stuff at Epcot or if I see that cast member I'll just wait for another one to be free.
We always activate ours at Epcot and have never had a problem...until now...

Woody renewed his AP at Epcot one year and was accidentally given 3 bonus months.

Since he goes less frequently than I do, the only positive that came from the mistake is that we don’t have to pay for 2 renewals in the same month each year.

Can’t believe the CM did not give you the critical yellow cards!!

P.S. Dead to Me 👍👍
:facepalm:

bee

Original Poster
1-2, cont.

Let's back up a moment. Before we left Epcot we stopped in Guest Relations to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card. The CM asked to see my AP card, and...that's right, I didn't have one! I told her we had just activated our APs at the front entrance and we weren't given cards. She said something like, "Well that's not good. You need cards!" And she happily gave us cards and linked them to our accounts. :facepalm:

Back to our story!

We left via the International Gateway and immediately boarded a Friendship.

We're coming for you, Boardwalk!

We're coming for you too, Swolphin...just not yet!

Not coming for you...

We made the journey to Hollywood Studios and waited in an abominable bag check line before realizing that there were a whole bunch of empty bag check lines around the corner. But once we found the empty lines we were in the park in no time!

We arrived around 3:30 and our SWGE preview was to begin at 5:00. How to pass the time?

M had the cider on tap and I had the Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, and we shared the pretzel. We enjoyed the pretzel and drinks. What we did NOT enjoy was the queue setup (or lack thereof) at the bar, and the lack of seating. I'm so tired of Californians who have never experienced a Florida summer designing all these places with too much outdoor seating and not enough indoor seating! This will continue to come up in this trip report. Every time we had to sit outside (or wait in a long outdoor queue) we would say, "Did a Californian design this??" PS No offense to any actual Californians reading this, but they should have asked at least ONE Floridian!!! M also said that Baseline should have a sign inside saying, "20 minute seating only" a la NYC.

Up next: Thank goodness we stopped and got some AP cards...

bee

Original Poster
1-2, cont.

After we finished our drinks we still had about half an hour until our SWGE preview block was to begin. We started to head toward the bathroom, but a CM stopped us and asked if we were there for the preview. We said yes, and she told us we could go ahead in early! We needed our AP cards (!) and our photo IDs, and we had to show/scan our AP cards twice. Thank goodness we actually received some at Epcot Guest Relations!!!

And just like that, we were in Galaxy's Edge!!

Someone dropped this...

As we moved throughout the land I had a HUGE grin on my face that only got bigger with each new sight and sound! It was overwhelming and even cooler than I expected!!

And remember how we needed the bathroom but never went there?? I present: BATHROOMS IN SPACE!

Up next: More exploring!

bee

Original Poster
1-2, cont.

The sign for Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run was a little wonky, but it said there was a 45 minute wait, so we hopped right on line!

While we were in one of the outside parts of the queue, Rey appeared and walked over to us! She started talking to the people behind us and I'm honestly glad she didn't talk to us because we were so starstruck I don't think I could have formed coherent sentences to have a conversation! A+++ Disney casting! This girl looked and sounded SOOOO much like Daisy Ridley that from even a few feet away she could have been her. After she finished chatting with the people behind us she went and stood under the Falcon and was looking up at the underside of it.

Queue, cont....

Up next: Meeting Hando!

Top Bottom