Friendship Launch from DHS to Epcot

Nnelsonmandela

The area between DHS and Epcot is, maybe, my favorite in all of Disney. The resorts, the Boardwalk, the beautiful scenery, I love it and try to get there on each trip. It is a great walk, but the boat is nice, also.

allgiggles

The Friendship boats between EPCOT and HS are air conditioned. Green House? The boat to and from DS and hotels are not.

They might have a/c units but.....

The second time (mid/late summer 2016) I rode a Friendship boat between Epcot and HS, the AC wasn't working. When the AC doesn't work in those boats, it is literally a greenhouse. They probably got a busted AC unit in theirs.

We've taken the boat from DHS to Epcot 3 times (on 3 different trips). The first time the a/c was definitely not working....in late June. It was hotter in the boat than it was outside. We were drenched in sweat by the time we got to EP. We swore we'd never ride them again because we thought they didn't have a/c. Then I read that they *do* have a/c so we figured we must have had a boat with a broken a/c unit. Next trip we tried it again. A/C was on, but it was not what I would call "cool". It was less humid than outside, but not more than a few degrees cooler (again, in June...so we were hoping for some relief). For some reason, we decided to try them again last year. Once again, a/c not functioning and we found ourselves trapped in a floating greenhouse. We actually only needed to get to Yacht Club on that trip, so we had a slightly shorter ride.

trainplane3

They might have a/c units but.....

We've taken the boat from DHS to Epcot 3 times (on 3 different trips). The first time the a/c was definitely not working....in late June. It was hotter in the boat than it was outside. We were drenched in sweat by the time we got to EP. We swore we'd never ride them again because we thought they didn't have a/c. Then I read that they *do* have a/c so we figured we must have had a boat with a broken a/c unit. Next trip we tried it again. A/C was on, but it was not what I would call "cool". It was less humid than outside, but not more than a few degrees cooler (again, in June...so we were hoping for some relief). For some reason, we decided to try them again last year. Once again, a/c not functioning and we found ourselves trapped in a floating greenhouse. We actually only needed to get to Yacht Club on that trip, so we had a slightly shorter ride.
Ooof, you don't have good luck. After my one no AC experience, I've made more of a effort to avoid them but I've always been walker my whole life. Also doesn't help both times I've taken those boats, it was constantly vibrating/running extremely rough which doesn't go well with my stomach. I only take the boats when I'm with someone that wants to relax.

allgiggles

Ooof, you don't have good luck. After my one no AC experience, I've made more of a effort to avoid them but I've always been walker my whole life. Also doesn't help both times I've taken those boats, it was constantly vibrating/running extremely rough which doesn't go well with my stomach. I only take the boats when I'm with someone that wants to relax.

Yeah, if you see me walking towards that dock, it's probably best not to follow me unless you don't mind sitting in a sauna. :D I would completely avoid them except that my husband has an artificial hip and after a long day of walking around DHS, he often needs to get off his feet for a little while before we get to Epcot for dinner, so we take the boat. It kind of kills two birds with one stone for us, but it's never been a truly pleasant experience for us (though I know the vast majority of people who use it don't seem to have my bad luck. :D ).

Edward M

Personally, I hate the boats. They are so slow to get to the dock, and they are always packed with people yelling. I also love walking on the Boardwalk and by the Beach Club, so I much prefer walking to Epcot from any of the hotels. If, for some reason, I'm being forced to go to the small parking lot with a few rides called Hollywood Studios, I'll usually just walk. It takes the same amount of time, isn't a bad walk, and I don't feel as bad eating sweets when I get back to Epcot :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom