Friends who pick up pins for you???

cooleo

I just found out that a friend of mine is headed to WDW on Friday & I have asked him to pick up some pins for my collection, especially the TSM pin I have seen on here. This is something I do every time I know someone going to WDW & this got me to thinking, "How many of you do this"? It's a special little surprise every time they come back & I get to check out my new pins. I usually have them pick stuff up at random, unless I have a special request. :sohappy:

cooleo

Original Poster
Just realized this should probably be in "General Discussion", so if any Mods are watching & it needs to be moved, Please do so. :eek:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

It happens quite frequently. I've even had a friend go on a special mission for me to find something for my DD's graduation (he offered to do so). He not only go that, but sent a little something extra for me. :D
I of course reimbursed him for what I asked for. I've even received special pins from friends who got multiples as a surprise gift. :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Hey- I have a couple of pins. I do not know where they came from. One is Mickey with a rainbow and one is Chip and Dale. You are welcomed to them if you want them. I do not collect pins, I am a charm collector.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

I have, indeed, played the role of Pin Fairy before. Also, once upon a time, there was a super-limited edition EPCOT pin that I wanted but wouldn't be arriving till about a month after it was released, so a member on the boards picked it up and held it for me till I could meet the person at the parks the next month.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I have, indeed, played the role of Pin Fairy before. Also, once upon a time, there was a super-limited edition EPCOT pint hat I wanted but wouldn't be arriving till about a month after it was released, so a member on the boards picked it up and held it for me till I could meet the person at the parks the next month.

Thanks again by the way! :sohappy: Now I'm addicted to pins all because of you and your incredible choices of pins to surprise me with. :D

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Thanks again by the way! Now I'm addicted to pins all because of you and your incredible choices of pins to surprise me with.

What can I say... I'm an enabler. :D It was easy to find pins for you... just look for anything with Figment on it and buy buy buy! ;) What was especially amazing was that the only Figgie one I didn't pick as a surprise was one that you already had!

I've given friends some $$$ and told them to bring me back pins...and maps....and napkins...and bags.It's sad.

Give me money, and I'll bring you back lots of napkins and maps. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

disneyniebo

:sohappy:Boy is this a loaded topic.
My DW has a pin need ( I am thinking of starting a 12 step program called Pin Collectors anonymous) :lol:
Any way, I am a teacher and I have had many co-workers bring me pins. Some I have given money to for them, one other pays me for watching her classroom animals in pins (when she watches my animals I pay her in WDW Coffee).
I have even had students of mine bring me pins when they are at WDW on vacation or for a school function like when the marching band performs there. And no, I DO NOT give a grade for pin deal, they bring them to me because they like me that much, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.:)

Long Live the Pin!!!!!

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i only do it if im not going to the parks and i dont have time to call mail order. My friends and i do that, as well as call each other when the fireworks are going on, were on our fav ride exc. we also email pics and video we took

Upvote 0

maryszhi

:sohappy:Boy is this a loaded topic.
My DW has a pin need ( I am thinking of starting a 12 step program called Pin Collectors anonymous) :lol:
Any way, I am a teacher and I have had many co-workers bring me pins. Some I have given money to for them, one other pays me for watching her classroom animals in pins (when she watches my animals I pay her in WDW Coffee).
I have even had students of mine bring me pins when they are at WDW on vacation or for a school function like when the marching band performs there. And no, I DO NOT give a grade for pin deal, they bring them to me because they like me that much, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.:)

Long Live the Pin!!!!!
i actually do the same for my teachers

Upvote 0

cooleo

Original Poster
Hey- I have a couple of pins. I do not know where they came from. One is Mickey with a rainbow and one is Chip and Dale. You are welcomed to them if you want them. I do not collect pins, I am a charm collector.

Sent you a PM regarding those pins. Thanks for offering.

Upvote 0

carenyllie

Charms....that's a great idea. They're much cheaper too! The only place we saw them was at Old Key West though. I collect magnets and towels (I'll admit, this is pricey).

The only pins I have are for the resorts we've stayed at. Though on our last trip I think I started a collection for my 3 yr. old with a Buzz Lightyear ride pin.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom